Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:09 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,161,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I am not a Mormon; I am a non-denominational, blood-washed, born again child of God.

The Christian community is deceived about sin -- and it's sending many straight to hell. God has given examples in the OT and the NT showing us that God and sin don't mix. God did not excuse the sins of Adam and Eve, nor the sins (lies) of Ananias and Sapphira in the Early Church.

God demands a people who are living free from sin. The Book of Romans really delves into this issue.

I am persuaded to believe that this "everybody sins" doctrine is caused by people reasoning through the flesh, not the Spirit. It's the power that is in Jesus' shed blood that delivers us from all sin, not just covering it up. The Word of God teaches us not to lean to our own understanding.

Jesus loves you, and He will set you free if you will completely yield to Him in faith.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. (John 8:34)

It only takes one willful sin in your life at the time of your death to send you to hell. Turn and live!
Most people don't quite understand what it means to live free from sin, and the entanglements of this world. Especially me. But I am learning. Some things are quite hard to understand, and a GREAT book that I bought was this one. Living your faith By Charles Finney.

May the Spirit do some hard tugging at the hearts of men. May we one day walk surrounded by Christ's Glory, Blameless and Holy, a pure Bride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 09:19 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,515,816 times
Quote:
I am not a Mormon; I am a non-denominational, blood-washed, born again child of God.
Thanks for clarifying that.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:34 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,142,849 times
Quote:
It only takes one willful sin in your life at the time of your death to send you to hell. Turn and live!

I used to believe this. Its not a very comforting thought. What kind of assurance is that? Screw up once at the wrong time, and its eternally over for you. Thanksfully this is not true.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:28 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,955,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I used to believe this. Its not a very comforting thought. What kind of assurance is that? Screw up once at the wrong time, and its eternally over for you. Thanksfully this is not true.
I didn't say that backsliders cannot get back to God; they can come home through godly sorrow; this means being as sorry for your sin(s) as God is that you committed that sin(s). When you exhibit this kind of sorrow, you are determined to allow Jesus to purge you of that seed of sin.

(2 Corinthians 7:10) For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:33 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,955,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Most people don't quite understand what it means to live free from sin, and the entanglements of this world. Especially me. But I am learning. Some things are quite hard to understand, and a GREAT book that I bought was this one. Living your faith By Charles Finney.

May the Spirit do some hard tugging at the hearts of men. May we one day walk surrounded by Christ's Glory, Blameless and Holy, a pure Bride.
Brother HotinAZ - keep seeking. Prayer, fasting and living in the Word are the ingredients to victory.

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. (Matthew 7:8)

Old 09-21-2009, 11:54 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,259,462 times
The heavens rejoice as I when a soul comes to recognition of the saving grace of God, and is liberated.

Blessings, AJ

Old 09-21-2009, 12:14 PM

33,337 posts, read 26,558,348 times
[quote=ChristyGrl;10849474]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Satans (Lucifers) moral fall and his sentencing to the lake of fire occurred before human history. (Isaiah 14:13-15)/quote]

The above verse has absolutely nothing to do with satan...it is about the King of Babylon...and should clear some of your confusion.
Isaiah 14 is addressing the power behind the throne. It is being addressed to Satan through the King of Babylon. There are references made in Isaiah 14 which can only apply to Satan and never to a man. For instance, in v.12 we read, ''How you are fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn! (This is a title that belongs only to Lucifer. And no man has fallen from heaven.)

v13) ''But you said in your heart, ''I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God.''(The stars of God is a reference to angels. Satan was expressing his desire to userp the throne of God and to rule over all the angels.)

Old 09-21-2009, 12:24 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,223,284 times
[quote=Mike555;10853690]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post

Isaiah 14 is addressing the power behind the throne. It is being addressed to Satan through the King of Babylon. There are references made in Isaiah 14 which can only apply to Satan and never to a man. For instance, in v.12 we read, ''How you are fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn! (This is a title that belongs only to Lucifer. And no man has fallen from heaven.)

v13) ''But you said in your heart, ''I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God.''(The stars of God is a reference to angels. Satan was expressing his desire to userp the throne of God and to rule over all the angels.)
You are WRONG...this is about the King of Babylon...it is a taunt and has nothing to do with your version of satan.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:53 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,259,462 times
[quote=Mike555;10853690]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post

Traditional views at best Mike.
Coded messages are only discerned spiritually.

Take this verse into consideration:Hbr 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Lower than the angels traditional view is the angels still in heaven.
The non traditional view but the spiritual view of the same verse is this:
The nation of Israel are as angels because they are stern in fulfilling the law of Moses as commanded.
When Jesus submits to be under them in authority, He in fact then becomes lower than they, or under their authority for the suffering of death.
So, the fallen angels are spiritually discerned as the fallen state of Israel in respect to not accepting Jesus as the Messiah and of which is the same even today.
When Jesus says in His heart that He will rise above the stars of God is o miss-statement, for when He as a prince was not yet King, when He was crowned at the cross and died,did He riae above the stars (Jews) and to rule as King over not only the Jews but to the whole world as well.

Babylon the great is again a code word to indicate one with great sin, of the mother of all sin.
Jesus takes on the sins of te world and is as like Babylon, for He alone shoulders all the sins of the world.

Blessings, AJ

Old 09-21-2009, 01:01 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,223,284 times
[quote=look3467;10854299]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Traditional views at best Mike.
Coded messages are only discerned spiritually.

Take this verse into consideration:Hbr 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Lower than the angels traditional view is the angels still in heaven.
The non traditional view but the spiritual view of the same verse is this:
The nation of Israel are as angels because they are stern in fulfilling the law of Moses as commanded.
When Jesus submits to be under them in authority, He in fact then becomes lower than they, or under their authority for the suffering of death.
So, the fallen angels are spiritually discerned as the fallen state of Israel in respect to not accepting Jesus as the Messiah and of which is the same even today.
When Jesus says in His heart that He will rise above the stars of God is o miss-statement, for when He as a prince was not yet King, when He was crowned at the cross and died,did He riae above the stars (Jews) and to rule as King over not only the Jews but to the whole world as well.

Babylon the great is again a code word to indicate one with great sin, of the mother of all sin.
Jesus takes on the sins of te world and is as like Babylon, for He alone shoulders all the sins of the world.

Blessings, AJ

Hey....that's not my quote....I refute that nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity