Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:25 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,581,959 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut:
Orphaned post

I said no such thing. I am talking about terrorists? you talk about good of mankind by whose definition Pcamp? I doubt Atheist and Muslim would see it your way about the good of mankind?

Last edited by june 7th; 09-24-2009 at 10:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 10:35 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,140,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Your view of God is incomplete. God also jealous, vengeful, wrathful, and a just God but since He is righteous, those attributes are not tainted with sin. He is righteous therefore all His attributes are righteous
Yes He is righteous, that is why none of those things can override His love, which is what you are saying happens.

Yes He is wrathful in that He shows wrath, but His wrath will one day end.
Yes He is just because He renders a fair and measured punishment based on what has been done.
Yes He is vengeful because He corrects and repays what happens to those wronged.
Yes He is jealous because He does not tolerate idols or other gods.

None of those qualities override or cancel His love, which never fails.

His love makes all things possible.
His love covers all wrongs.
His love drives Him to render justice and correct wrongs and even show wrath.

However, Love and eternal torture are complete opposites.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Yes He is righteous, that is why none of those things can override His love, which is what you are saying happens.

Yes He is wrathful in that He shows wrath, but His wrath will one day end.
Yes He is just because He renders a fair and measured punishment based on what has been done.
Yes He is vengeful because He corrects and repays what happens to those wronged.
Yes He is jealous because He does not tolerate idols or other gods.

None of those qualities override or cancel His love, which never fails.

His love makes all things possible.
His love covers all wrongs.
His love drives Him to render justice and correct wrongs and even show wrath.

However, Love and eternal torture are complete opposites.
I see different from you looking at the same bible you do. You like to argue from a human standpoint explaining God's love by talking about the "greater good of mankind" and that is not my argument

My argument is God gets the glory. In everything He gets glory and that is sending people to hell, whether some, most, or all. God shows His grace even if He allows one person in heaven and still gets the glory. He gets the glory no matter what.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:45 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
I said no such thing. I am talking about terrorists? you talk about good of mankind by whose definition Pcamp? I doubt Atheist and Muslim would see it your way about the good of mankind?

This thread is about is
'torture a good thing ?" in reference to eternal torment and not how the kingdoms of this world operate and what an athiest or muslim believes.

Do you not know that the kingdom of God operates in the exact opposite way to the kingdoms of this world ?.

Jesus Himself said "My kingdom is not of this world"

Old 09-24-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you not know that the kingdom of God operates in the exact opposite way to the kingdoms of this world ?.
So then why ask this question If God acts different and sees different from this world why ask people in the world using a worldly question of torture to ask if God would condone eternal "torture"?

This whole premise is off and absolutely going nowhere.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:55 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,292,446 times
Going once, going twice....

One more off topic post, and it's over, folks.

It's up to you guys whether you wish to keep this thread open or not...

-June

Old 09-24-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I appreciate that, thank you.

...and I appreciate that...thank you.

...fine.

..I said I'm not 100% sure...and neither can anyone say they are...I've heard of no one coming back and telling us about their experience...?

...and I never said this either legoman! These are YOUR words...what I said was, is that I am not 100% sure.

................I'm considering..........Jesus defeats death to those who love, hear, see and believe the Word of God, and repent of their sins, and are baptized in the drenching of the Holy Spirit of Christ, and live as a mature overcomer of sin in their lives, obeying the commandments of God out of their love for Him...being found holy and blameless in His presence.

...Please, forgive me...I didn't mean to imply "you" as being you...I meant to say "someone."

...I guess this is another "version" of your own doctrine legoman...it isn't what the Bibile says will happen if you hear this....BUT...here we are...you trying to re-write what Scripture TRULY does say.

...the only thing I could do...point my face in the direction of His finger, and begin walking..away....FROM Him...forever...crying...but He will not hear my cry.
Let me try to keep this one on topic. This is not about trying to rewrite what scripture says, but simply understanding what scripture truly does say.

Would this be a good thing if God sent you away forever? Wouldn't this be torture for you? How could it be good for God to allow this act of torture?

I ask myself this honestly, and I don't see this as a good thing. Don't feel you need to respond Verna, I understand if you don't want to.

Be well...

Old 09-24-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
My argument is God gets the glory. In everything He gets glory and that is sending people to hell, whether some, most, or all. God shows His grace even if He allows one person in heaven and still gets the glory. He gets the glory no matter what.
No, he doesn't get the glory no matter what. He gets the glory because everything He does is good. I don't see eternal torture fitting in there.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:46 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
So then why ask this question If God acts different and sees different from this world why ask people in the world using a worldly question of torture to ask if God would condone eternal "torture"?

This whole premise is off and absolutely going nowhere.
Fundy that is pretty dumb off you

Fill out the blank the world tortures and God does ________ torture
I will give you a clue it as 3 letters.

Put it another way , what is the opposite of torturing someone ?

Opposites fundy .Here is a couple of Sunday school examples

The world says save, God says give.

The world says hate , God says love.

Now do you understand the Kingdom of God is the exact opposite of the worlds kingdoms ?.

It's kids stuff Fundy

Old 09-24-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
No, he doesn't get the glory no matter what. He gets the glory because everything He does is good. I don't see eternal torture fitting in there.
LOL...You are backing yourself in a corner. If everything that God does is good including "causing evil" as you had stated in another thread then rape and murder of innocent little girls is good? but eternal hell for people who reject His grace and the covering of the blood of Christ is bad?

Your lack of consistency defeats you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity