Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:55 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,137,783 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here actually think torture is a good thing?

And of course the followup question:

Is eternal torture a good thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 05:57 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,029,107 times
No. And eternal torture is not true, IMO. I believe that those who are in darkness must raise their own soul through the workings of self forgiveness and self love. Until they realize who they are and why they self torture through their own actions and thoughts, they will be in darkness. God will wait for all eternity.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:00 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,405,115 times
Oh not again!!!! Lord save me from your followers!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:27 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,667,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
...LOL!...Good Morning DaniMae...I had to laugh...this being the very first post I read this morning...I wonder if some of these folks ever sleep....?......

...this IS torture...!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:35 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,405,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...LOL!...Good Morning DaniMae...I had to laugh...this being the very first post I read this morning...I wonder if some of these folks ever sleep....?......

...this IS torture...!

You got that right! Torture indeed. I can't even read through the UR threads anymore. To monotonous. Did I spell that right?

Old 09-24-2009, 06:40 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,667,218 times
Quote:
You got that right! Torture indeed. I can't even read through the UR threads anymore. To monotonous. Did I spell that right?
I feel ya ......!

It DOES get old after the first 32 threads...doesn't it? I think they dream about their next attack ET/Annil. thread...They're troubled...

...You spelled it perfectly!!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:43 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,577,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Does anyone here actually think torture is a good thing?

And of course the followup question:

Is eternal torture a good thing?
In a parable, Jesus spoke of a servant who was “turned . . . over to the jailers to be tortured”

(Matthew 18:34)
34 In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

The bible is pretty clear about individuals using torture to extract confession but not so clear about the government's use of it. As far as eternal "torture" God alone is able to mete out punishment with perfect justice, and it is His prerogative to make His punishment painful. Demons are aware of a future time of “torture” for themselves. During the Tribulation, torment will be part of the plagues upon evildoers. In any of His judgments. God is holy and perfectly fair.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:48 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,953,379 times
Quote:

Actually it is quite funny, because those you agree with here in this thread about UR will say you are damned to hell forever since you do not follow Christ.

Go ahead, see if they agree that you can reject what they believe and that not happen.

If they try to water it all down, then they are more like CU's than they will admit.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:53 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,705,178 times
Quote:
Quote:

...this IS torture...!
Quote:
Quote:
I feel ya ......!

It DOES get old after the first 32 threads...doesn't it? I think they dream about their next attack ET/Annil. thread...They're troubled...

to you both! LOL!!!

Here you can borrow this......

Old 09-24-2009, 06:59 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,137,783 times
Quote:
I feel ya ......!

Verna, Latte'Chic, you can complain all you want, but the fact is ETers have no good answer to these questions. I'm calling you out.

VERNA PERRY, do you think torture is good?

Latte'Chic, do you think torture is good?

I see fundy already replied, he didn't respond directly, but from his answer I'm guessing he thinks torture is good? (please clarify Fundy).

But HERE IS THE POINT: If (and this might be a big if) you think torture is not good, why on earth would you think it is good that God tortures people eternally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity