Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 10:01 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Well I can see that it is useless to use the Scripture to try and communicate with you as you obviously do not believe it to be the Word of God as I do. So I will do as Jesus told his disciples to do: ""Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6)

I suppose all will be revealed when the end comes.

Good day from you friendly fundi.
Can you get about ten other people on this board to see that, too? We keep telling them that we don't believe the Bible is literally "the Word of God", and they just respond with more quotes.

Oh wait, you did that, too. It's hilarious. You guys simply can't have a conversation about your own faith without reciting verses. You don't see a problem with that? You couldn't tell someone why you believe without speaking in quotations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 12:34 AM

595 posts, read 331,830 times
"Are Babies Who Have Not Been Saved Comdemned To Hell?"

The question is founded on the false premises of legalism, which is most clearly defined by Paul in Romans chapter 10.
Quote:
5 Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on the law shall live by it. 6 But the righteousness based on faith says, Do not say in your heart, “Who will ascend into heaven?” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 or “Who will descend into the abyss?” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
If you have some criterion by which you are asking and answering the question about whether someone is going to heaven or hell then what you are doing is legalism, i.e. practicing a righteousness based on some law.

How else in the world can you even be talking about babies who "have not been saved?"

The question is doosy for the legalists because it usually has them either falling all over themselves with exceptions which cannot be found in the Bible or they look like monstrous jerks. Either way their legalism is quite apparent.

So if it is not about these stupid laws of the legalists then what is it about. It is about grace of God. And NO, the grace of God is not something dispensed by the legalists to those they judge worthy! LOL

Old 05-25-2016, 03:03 PM

33 posts, read 21,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The ONLY Word of God is Jesus the Christ, period. You are following the false Gospel created by the "precepts and doctrines of men" using the ancient ignorance of our primitive, savage and barbaric ancestors. You are denying the New Covenant and therefore denying Christ to follow the majority apostate anti-Christ church dogma we were warned about for these latter days. The only thing you are throwing is your corrupt Gospel and the only dogs and swine are the followers of it.

You never did respond to my request in post #831.

I asked you to:
Quote:
explain exactly what the Gospel of Christ is according to what you believe.
Your response was quotations from the Gospel according to John in post (#832) so I rightly assumed that you believed the Bible to be the Word of God. Since you quoted the Bible in prove your view then I feel I have the right to use the same to prove mine.

Yet you condemn my views as ignorant, savage and barbaric. If you ever hope to turn me about, to you view, you will have to do better than that. You said in post #837
Quote:
We have Jesus the Christ to understand God. His life and actions revealed God's TRUE NATURE and it did NOT contain wrath and vengeance. .... It was our ignorant, barbaric and savage ancestors who misunderstood absolutely EVERYTHING about God.
Tell me then; on what do you base your belief concerning Jesus the Christ? On what do you base your belief that Jesus is anything more than just another teacher among many in the first century?

Answer my questions if you dare. Will you resort to quoting verses from the Bible?

If you do then your are using the views of
Quote:
our ignorant, barbaric and savage ancestors
. (Your post #840).

All I get from you is the same old God is love rhetoric.

Oh! Concerning the Noah "myth". Jesus, the Son of the Living God, Himself believed in Noah. Are you saying He is ignorant?

Your friendly fundi

Last edited by diakonos; 05-25-2016 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: Noah & spelling

Old 05-25-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You guys simply can't have a conversation about your own faith without reciting verses. You don't see a problem with that? You couldn't tell someone why you believe without speaking in quotations?
No I don't see a problem with that since I believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. And yes I can have a conversation concerning my faith without reciting verses, but I wonder if that would satisfy you.

Admittedly in my first post I quoted verses a an attempt to show how my views were founded on the teaching of the Bible. MysticPhD responded with verses so I felt I could continue to recite verses. However MysticPhD said my views based on the Bible were "ignorant, barbaric and savage". What does that say about his? views since he quoted Bible verses also?

Old 05-25-2016, 09:20 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
If you are a fundie, they have to be. They did not accept Jesus. However, common sense, and the bible, refute hell.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:43 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
If you are a fundie, they have to be. They did not accept Jesus. However, common sense, and the bible, refute hell.
Actually, I have heard certain fundamentalists on this forum state that the moment before a baby dies, it instantaneously accepts Jesus, thereby solving the problem. I'm not saying this is how all of them believe, but I can think of two or three that have said this.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:35 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
No...No...No GOD is much greater than any human that ever lived , and human's don't even send BABIES to jail or prison. So if we accept this as truth where are we getting this crazy idea that GOD IS SENDING BABIES TO hELL.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:16 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Wrong. We have Jesus the Christ to understand God. His life and actions revealed God's TRUE NATURE and it did NOT contain wrath and vengeance. He endured our barbaric ancestors' brutality without smiting anyone and loved everyone including those who tortured and murdered Him. That is about as unambiguous a picture of the TRUE NATURE of God as there can be. There is NO WAY a God of that nature would EVER have required blood sacrifices of innocents for ANY REASON, ever!!!
It was our ignorant, barbaric and savage ancestors who misunderstood absolutely EVERYTHING about God. Even in their fable about Noah, Noah stupidly and ignorantly sacrificed the VERY animals he was told to SAVE from extinction!!! You don't get it more wrong than that!!! You are accepting and following the ancient ignorance of primitives who didn't have a clue who or what God was. I cannot believe such barbaric nonsense has survived into the 21st century and that there are people who actually believe it!!! I almost lose all hope for humanity when I encounter such nonsense. It is actually quite disheartening and a little bit creepy.
Quote:
The ONLY Word of God is Jesus the Christ, period. You are following the false Gospel created by the "precepts and doctrines of men" using the ancient ignorance of our primitive, savage and barbaric ancestors. You are denying the New Covenant and therefore denying Christ to follow the majority apostate anti-Christ church dogma we were warned about for these latter days. The only thing you are throwing is your corrupt Gospel and the only dogs and swine are the followers of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
No I don't see a problem with that since I believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. And yes I can have a conversation concerning my faith without reciting verses, but I wonder if that would satisfy you.
Jesus is the Word fo God, NOT the Bible. But the Bible does CONTAIN inspirations from God. Unfortunately, they were interpreted by savage, barbaric primitives who had no clue what God was like. They knew only fear of God's wrath and thought blood sacrifices of innocent creatures would appease Him.
Quote:
Admittedly in my first post I quoted verses as an attempt to show how my views were founded on the teaching of the Bible. MysticPhD responded with verses so I felt I could continue to recite verses. However MysticPhD said my views based on the Bible were "ignorant, barbaric and savage". What does that say about his? views since he quoted Bible verses also?
I never said anything about YOUR views. I referred only to our ignorant ancient ancestors and their barbaric beliefs. IF you CHOOSE to accept them and identify with them that is YOUR problem NOT mine.I know the Bible contains inspirations from God but I choose to interpret them intelligently and knowledgeably. I do NOT merely accept the ignorant interpretations of barbaric primitives as accurate. If what they believed about God were true there would have been no need for Jesus to reveal the TRUE nATURE of God by His life, teachings and especially His death.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Do you know why they did not accept Jesus and turned Him over to be crucified?

Common sense? ROFL If people have common sense why do we have, child abuse, sexual assault, robbery (theft), rampant drug abuse, alcohol abuse, etc, etc, etc. If people really had common sense they would not do those things. Common sense says these things are bad and cause harm to others or myself therefore I won't do it. Common sense can not be used to justify behavior or thought.

Your favorite fundi

Old 05-26-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Jesus is the Word fo God, NOT the Bible. But the Bible does CONTAIN inspirations from God. .... I know the Bible contains inspirations from God but I choose to interpret them intelligently and knowledgeably.
Very good! You answered without quoting verses. However you did attack my views in your post (#837 ).
Quote:
It was our ignorant, barbaric and savage ancestors who misunderstood absolutely EVERYTHING about God. Even in their fable about Noah, Noah stupidly and ignorantly sacrificed the VERY animals he was told to SAVE from extinction!!! You don't get it more wrong than that!!! You are accepting and following the ancient ignorance of primitives who didn't have a clue who or what God was. I cannot believe such barbaric nonsense has survived into the 21st century and that there are people who actually believe it!!! I almost lose all hope for humanity when I encounter such nonsense. It is actually quite disheartening and a little bit creepy.
1. How do you know Jesus is the Word of God? Is it becauseancient, ignorant, and primitive men of the 1st century wrote in the Gospels about His life and because you "choose to interpret them intelligently and knowledgeably"? So anyone who does not agree with your interpretation is unintelligent and stupid? WOW! What a God complex you have.

2. If the Bible CONTAINS inspirations from God? How does one determine what parts of the Bible are inspirations and what are not?

If you are able to determine what is inspired and what is not then you are the wisest person who has ever lived. Either all of it is inspired or you can not be 100% certain that any of it is inspired. One says such and such verse or passage is inspired but another says "I don't believe that". So who is right?

BTW you did not address my question concerning Jesus' belief concerning Noah having actually existed. If the story of Noah is a myth, as you believe, then Jesus is an idiot and you can not be 100% certain about anything He taught. Neither can you be 100% certain about any of the "inspirations" that teach about Him. Either Noah did exist or Jesus is a idiot for believing that a myth was historical fact. You can not have it both ways.

Or does this go back to your ability to determine what things in the Bible are "inspirations" and what things are not?

Your friendly fundi

Last edited by diakonos; 05-26-2016 at 10:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity