Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 11:15 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Ummmmm......perhaps you do not understand. Why would the first person think they are guilty and in need of a saviour? I am very interested to hear this answer?
No one is denying the need for a Savior . HE IS THE SAVIOR , and your analogy of the good news is a total contradiction to what you really believe .

Because according to your analogy the debt HAS been paid , so this means there is no longer a debt if it has been paid, right ???.

So why hold someone accountable for their debt if it has been paid ?.

If i have paid my water bill and the water company ask me to pay what has already been paid for , wouldn't you think they were unjust and out of their minds ?. This is how you Fundy's portray God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 11:25 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,650,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It is clearly stated that you must believe to be saved... believe in the trinity
Where is that clearly stated?

Old 10-14-2009, 11:34 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,584,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No one is denying the need for a Savior . HE IS THE SAVIOR , and your analogy of the good news is a total contradiction to what you really believe .

Because according to your analogy the debt HAS been paid , so this means there is no longer a debt if it has been paid, right ???.

So why hold someone accountable for their debt if it has been paid ?.

If i have paid my water bill and the water company ask me to pay what has already been paid for , wouldn't you think they were unjust and out of their minds ?. This is how you Fundy's portray God.
I didn't ask all that. Please answer the question.

How does one believe they are guilty and in need of a saviour? (I would underline it again if I could)

Old 10-14-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I didn't ask all that. Please answer the question.

How does one believe they are guilty and in need of a saviour? (I would underline it again if I could)
Show me from the scriptures where you have to feel,believe or even confess you are guilty .
I have underlined it so you fully understand what i am asking you,especially in reference to "you have to".

Quit with insinuating we have to grovel to God in repentance .

The reason Jesus went to the cross was so we could be rid of the very thing you are trying to pin on us, an "evil guilty conscience"

Old 10-14-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Show me from the scriptures where you have to feel,believe or even confess you are guilty .
I have underlined it so you fully understand what i am asking you,especially in reference to "you have to".

Quit with insinuating we have to grovel to God in repentance .

The reason Jesus went to the cross was so we could be rid of the very thing you are trying to pin on us, an "evil guilty conscience"
Why does the bible say to confess AND repent? Confess what, repent of what? why? In the real world ever see an innocent man confess and repent?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-14-2009 at 11:54 AM..

Old 10-14-2009, 11:51 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,467,709 times
Quote:
You cannot know sin if not for the law knowing you broke God's Law and He is angry but as you come to Him broken, contrite in spirit on bended knee knowing you are a sinner then and only then can the good news be appreciated, then and only then can the good news be heard, then and only then can the good news be received. He loves you and wants to pour His blessings on you but you must repent, turn from our wicked ways and embrace Him not for fear of hell but what He did so that we don't have to go there. Oh how He loves you and me.......Amen!
Not a fundamentalist, but I agree with this.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:52 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,467,709 times
The gospel of Jesus is love, yet I believe the doctrine of annihilation, is biblical, and evidenced throughout the Old Testament and New Testament.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
why does the bible say to confess AND repent? Confess what, repent of what? why? In the real world ever see an innocent confess and repent?
Confess Jesus as Lord .

Romans 10

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Turn around and follow Him now we no longer have that guilty conscience that we inherited from an alienated mind that knew not God

Hebrews 10

19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
21And having an high priest over the house of God;
22Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised

I'm telling you Fundy burn all your Calvin literature and believe the good news.

Acts 19

19Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Not a fundamentalist, but I agree with this.
Your own conscience convicts you if you are wrong regardless of what you believe.

Why do people look over their shoulder when they are stealing ? , why whisper when you bad mouthing someone? , and so on.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Confess Jesus as Lord .

Romans 10

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Turn around and follow Him now we no longer have that guilty conscience that we inherited from an alienated mind that knew not God

Hebrews 10

19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
21And having an high priest over the house of God;
22Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised

I'm telling you Fundy burn all your Calvin literature and believe the good news.

Acts 19

19Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.
LOL....You think I was born yesterday, throwing verses about believing at me.

Why do you have to confess and repent? If we are not guilty then we shouldn't have to do anything. We should be free and free men need nothing let alone the cross?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity