Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:35 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,346,783 times

Advertisements

The official has every right to his beliefs.
His employer also has every right to fire him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 03:49 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,444,552 times
Good thing we decided against moving there.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:59 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,307,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How do you do that?? There is only one human race. Do you engage in dating other species? This seems as ethnically bigoted and "racist" as the Justice of the Peace.
It seems you are chosing to have a mind of a two year old. Anyone who reads this will understand what I mean. There is nothing racist about me dating outside of my ethnicity. That is what I prefer. It seems you are Moderator cut: inappropriate trying to put a label on someone who prefers other ethnicities. Everyone has a preference to what they like and not like. That does not make them racist. Now if you say you don't like a particular ethnicity for a reason then you can carry the name.
Quote:

There is only one human race. Do you engage in dating other species?
You have some serious problems

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-16-2009 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: No one is "ignorant of" on CD..

Old 10-16-2009, 04:08 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,025,128 times
Sorry but I don't see the correlation between how he might have been raised and Christianity (which is supposed to mean Christ-like). Does he have the right to feel the way that he feels? yes, this is America. Is it obvious that his beliefs stem from racist views? Yes.

Being Christ-like was not at the core of his thought process!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Interracial couple in Louisiana denied marriage license - CNN.com

"He's an elected public official and one of his duties is to marry people. He doesn't have the right to say he doesn't believe in it," Patricia Morris, president of the NAACP....."

"We would like him to resign," she said. "He doesn't believe he's being racist, but it is racist......"

"Bardwell, stressing that he couldn't personally endorse the marriage, said his wife referred the couple to another justice of the peace....."

I don't know if the justice of the peace is racist but he said, he isn't so I will take him at face value. He claims that he is looking out for the children of this couple-How that is for him to decide is beyond me but that is beside the point. It is obvious he has a passion for this. Can we Christians be quick to judge him afterall don't we have similar views or passions when we use the "conscientious objector" but instead of children, it's our faith.
Is this what will happen to Christians when we are forced to do our "job" that the State mandates becoming our authority even though it will conflict with God's authority? Will we be called racist, bigot etc....? So what do we do? give in to pressure, stand for your faith-it's your country too, or resign? Does this judge have the right? if not then how do you?

The world is changing Christian. You better figure out which side you are on and quick!

Old 10-16-2009, 04:31 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
It seems you are chosing to have a mind of a two year old. Anyone who reads this will understand what I mean. There is nothing racist about me dating outside of my ethnicity. That is what I prefer. It seems you are ignorant of trying to put a label on someone who prefers other ethnicities. Everyone has a preference to what they like and not like. That does not make them racist. Now if you say you don't like a particular ethnicity for a reason then you can carry the name.

You have some serious problems

I think you didn't get it Miss Shawn! Mystic was sort of making a joke. There is only 1 race for you to marry...the human race!!! How could you have missed it?!

Old 10-16-2009, 04:35 PM

Default Omg!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Lets make this more easy to answer...

Same Christian women, now she works in a hospital and that Gay couple arrive from a bad car accident....she turns her back on them in their need?

Same Christian women, now she works at McDonald's...and the same Gay couple walk in and want Meal Number #1 with extra fries....Does she walk away and not take their order, or does she turn around and get them their food as best she can?

I never ever thought I'd say this.....

Wait for it.......

Wait for it.......

I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH YOU ALAN!!!!

It is so obvious that you are right this time. To deny someone service because they are gay (or whatever) has nothing to do with being a Christian. I don't think that Jesus would have denied water to a gay person....

Old 10-16-2009, 04:51 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,307,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I think you didn't get it Miss Shawn! Mystic was sort of making a joke. There is only 1 race for you to marry...the human race!!! How could you have missed it?!
I did get it, that is why I posted what I posted. When I write that will probably marry outside of my race, I don't mean that I am going to marry an alien. Instead of me typing ethnicity, I was hoping the person who read it was mature enough to understand, even though I put ethnicity after the sentence. Some people just take things to serious due immaturity.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I did get it, that is why I posted what I posted. When I write that will probably marry outside of my race, I don't mean that I am going to marry an alien. Instead of me typing ethnicity, I was hoping the person who read it was mature enough to understand, even though I put ethnicity after the sentence. Some people just take things to serious due immaturity.

Ummm....yeah we all know that! Your comment to Mystic is way off. I don't think you did get it. No one in their right mind would think you meant you'd marry an alien. But if you meet a nice alien...hey go for it.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:15 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,025,128 times
Heck with the selection that's out there, I know I would !!!

Quote:
Ummm....yeah we all know that! Your comment to Mystic is way off. I don't think you did get it. No one in their right mind would think you meant you'd marry an alien. But if you meet a nice alien...hey go for it.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:06 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,106,308 times
Quote:
I

I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH YOU ALAN!!!!

It is so obvious that you are right this time. .
Three things come to mind....

#1 - I hope to have you agree with me a lot more in the future...
But not too much.(That would cause the Apocalypse)

#2 - The lady at the well...
The story where Jesus asks a lady at the well for a drink should be our guide.
If you remember that story, she was not only a non-Jew, she bedded down with a lot of guys.
Jesus did not feel he had to make a political or religious statement by ignoring her...She was already used to Jews ignoring her. The shock to her was a Jew talking to her.

#3 - Im always right...
I just dont always look right in this dim computer light....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity