Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 03:27 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,403,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
What on Earth does abortion and/or a persons level of religious belief have to do with refusing to perform interracial marriage ceremonies as a civil servant? Are there actually still Christian sects who believe that interracial marriage is a sin? If so, JESUS CHRIST! What century are these so called Christians living in? And what will they do when they find themselves burning?

Absolutly nothing my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 10:53 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,243,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
OOOOOK...what makes him different from any other Christian who has beliefs conflict with job?
So you think it's an ok, Christian belief to think that interracial marriage should be banned? The man's a bigot and shouldn't have this job since his bigotry obviously interferes with it. And uh... didn't we move beyond this type of bigotry in the '50s?

My partner and I are white/black with bi-racial children. I wonder what this bigot would do with us

Old 10-19-2009, 11:12 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,216,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
a doctor has to do what the laws and the doctor rules tell he has to do.
There are also hospital rules that the doctor has to follow.

If a doctor cant follow the rules, then he (or she) needs to find a different job.
A Doctors first order of business is TO DO NO HARM....abortion is the murder of innocent children to alleviate the mother (and I use that term loosely) of the inconvenience of reaping what she sows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Here is a question for you then about the topic of Abortion. Now as you may know, Im about the most strongly Pro-Life member of this forum,,,so pay attention to how I word this Abortion Question....

Your friend is going to get an abortion.
She asks you to go with her because she is scared.
You and her walk over to the place, and you hold the door for her to go in...
Do you go in?
Do you go with her, hold her hand, wipe her tears?

Or do you stand outside?
I would make sure in no uncertain terms that she knows it is murder and will tell her why I can't be a party to it. I would not support someone who makes a decision to do something like that in any way....friend or not.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:06 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,045,427 times
<<Like if a Christian has a problem working on Saturday.
Rather than showing up for work, but just sitting in the breakroom all day, the better answer is to get a job that does not work on Saturday.[/quote]<<

Xians sabbath is on Sun. Jews have shabbot on Saturday starting Friday at sunset.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:10 PM

31 posts, read 53,701 times
He claims that he isn't racist, but he won't marry interracial couples because of the children that come from such marriages, Sounds kind of racist to me. He's discriminating on the bases of race, which is against US law and policy. Plus what is wrong with mixed children/people?? I mean there are plenty of people out there that are mixed and doing fine for themselves.. Example: Maya Rudolph
YouTube - Maya Rudolph - The Black List Vol 2

Old 10-23-2009, 03:18 PM

3,074 posts, read 8,029,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Uh no fundy I plainly stated why I didn't see anything. Read again. I assume your thread is how do Christians do their job if it goes against their faith. Unfortunately your story did NOT parallel that..

Unless the racist bigot used his faith as a backdrop for not marrying the couple..

WHICH IS WHY I ASKED THE QUESTION IN MY FIRST POST.
See its right there fundy for you to read.. my question..

So it is not I who wants to see something that isn't there. It is you trying to link this less that newsworthy story to your supposition.

In a 90 degree angle sort of way..

I'm sorry.. did I say that? Have I ever said I had a sympathetic ear to the "black cause"? Find me one post of mine ever where I've said anything like that Fundy.

If you suppose that a person "calling it as he reads it" equates to "having a sympathetic ear" then you are sadly mistaken. My response had zero to do with the "black cause". It had to do with the legality of the situation and some redneck in Lousyana portraying his OPINION WITHOUT THE LEGAL REASON TO DO SO on a couple.

I used my head.. a logical conclusion based on living in the South my whole life.. understanding Lousyana.. and the fact that the racist bigot stated that he "doesn't sign off on interracial marriages".

I do appreciate your faulty logic though.. the "I'm black so I know racism" theorem of racism..

Question for you (using your logic). I'm white.. wouldn't you think I would be more in tune as to knowing whether that racist bigot was a racist?

See how stupid that sounds..

Thats an interesting topic.. just wish you'd find a news article that in some way related to that supposition in the the least bit..

Carry on..
Don't go there about lousyana. I bet whatever southern state you're from is just as lousy, just as racist. So don't go there.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I guess I better stay away from Louisiana because I only date outside of my race. I will probably marry a man of another ethnicity. So, louisiana is off the map for me. lol
And South Carolina is open and liberal? Baloney

Old 10-23-2009, 03:27 PM

Lousiana may be a bunch of backwoods racist redneck bigots but so is the rest of the South. And much of the rest of the country for that matter. I have been to most all the South and much of the rest of the country.

I'm not defending that Bardwell guy. If he didn't like marrying interracial couples then he should have resigned as JP a long time ago. But I'm saying it is no worse here than anywhere else. I have seen many interracial couples here. We are the nations whipping boy for racial matters don't yall see? The media hates and despises Lousiana more than any southern state. And in general they don't like the South. They only slobber all over blue liberal states.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:45 PM

486 posts, read 1,035,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Lousiana may be a bunch of backwoods racist redneck bigots but so is the rest of the South. And much of the rest of the country for that matter. I have been to most all the South and much of the rest of the country.

I'm not defending that Bardwell guy. If he didn't like marrying interracial couples then he should have resigned as JP a long time ago. But I'm saying it is no worse here than anywhere else. I have seen many interracial couples here. We are the nations whipping boy for racial matters don't yall see? The media hates and despises Lousiana more than any southern state. And in general they don't like the South. They only slobber all over blue liberal states.
What? California has been pretty much trashed recently. Probably deserved because of their inept state gov't, but you can't really believe that red states are the only ones that get beat up in the media.

Also, if CA's bad press is merited, so is much of it for those southeastern red states, and for good reasons as well...traditionally worse race relations, poorer economies, lower average educational scores, obesity and associated health problems, etc.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:08 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,061,726 times
It goes to show that I'm happy that I do not live in Louisiana or anywhere in the South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity