Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 07:53 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,557,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Glances into the Sewers of false christianity

Here is another one with the three headed image. My former chruch used this to show that the trinity doctrine turns god into a 3 headed monster. The guy who runs that site is a total whack job though....
Ok... kinda agree with the whack job comment..

But yes that is how I see the trinitarian God.. it's very disturbing to me. I think of God as energy. Present in everything and what makes everything tick. Yet if this trinity is true then my energy theory is offbase because only one part of the Godhead is energy and the others are another form.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 07:56 PM

23,029 posts, read 34,447,980 times
The doctrine of the Trinity means God is three persons and yet one in essence. It is taught all through out the Bible.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:57 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,450,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Ok so what do you call the sum of all the parts of the Godhead? God or what? How do you distinguish between the whole God and each of the parts?

And why would you need parts of God? Is that for you or is it necessary for God in order to be God?
Kat,

I sincerely understand what you are going through. A few years ago, I had trouble praying to God because of the different parts of God, but as I prayed and studied the scriptures, I became more comfortable praying to God, asking Him and Jesus about things and such, and now it seems like second nature to me. Don't expect things to just happen and be at ease with it. It is a journey, as it is for all Christians, and you will find, that through that journey, the blessings and glory your are giving Him pays off in the end. Pray for it, and you will receive it, I guarantee you.

God is still God, but it is through Jesus, that all things are possible.

I hope I have helped you, and never feel alone in that journey, as we all go through it from time to time.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Did Jesus believe in a trinitarian God ?
Why don't you ask Him youself? I will bet my life on it that He will answer you.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Kat are you doubting the Lord our God is one as the scripture says ? and if so why ?
PC,

Do you doubt the Lord your God as the only savior?
And if not, then why is Christ the only savior as well?

Old 11-21-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
The doctrine of the Trinity means God is three persons and yet one in essence. It is taught all through out the Bible.
I simply don't see it.

Take this verse for example:
"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you." Romans 8:11

The spirit of him who raised Jesus.. who is that?

That spirit of him who raised Jesus is living in others..who is that?

That spirit of him who raised Jesus gives life..who is that?

Seems like there is no separation between God and his spirit and that the spirit is what enabled Christ to do what he did.. so if this spirit lives in me am I also a god like Christ? I don't see a difference in the spirit in Christ and the spirit in me.

Last edited by katjonjj; 11-21-2009 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: added where the verse is.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:06 PM

23,029 posts, read 34,447,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I simply don't see it.

Take this verse for example:
"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you."

The spirit of him who raised Jesus.. who is that?

That spirit of him who raised Jesus is living in others..who is that?

That spirit of him who raised Jesus gives life..who is that?

Seems like there is no separation between God and his spirit and that the spirit is what enabled Christ to do what he did.. so if this spirit lives in me am I also a god like Christ? I don't see a difference in the spirit in Christ and the spirit in me.
The Holy Spirit is God's promise of eternal life for those who believe in Him. The Spirit is within us now by faith and by faith we are certain to live with Christ forever.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:08 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,396,275 times
Default If there are 3 gods which one are we supposed to believe in ?

Quote:
Where ?

Old 11-21-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Kat,

I sincerely understand what you are going through. A few years ago, I had trouble praying to God because of the different parts of God, but as I prayed and studied the scriptures, I became more comfortable praying to God, asking Him and Jesus about things and such, and now it seems like second nature to me. Don't expect things to just happen and be at ease with it. It is a journey, as it is for all Christians, and you will find, that through that journey, the blessings and glory your are giving Him pays off in the end. Pray for it, and you will receive it, I guarantee you.

God is still God, but it is through Jesus, that all things are possible.

I hope I have helped you, and never feel alone in that journey, as we all go through it from time to time.
I actually feel that you have driven me further away from believing the trinity.. no offense or anything but the way SPM described it is much easier to understand an makes much more sense when reading scripture. Can you somehow illuminate what you think is in error about what SPM stated in post #35?

Old 11-21-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
The Holy Spirit is God's promise of eternal life for those who believe in Him. The Spirit is within us now by faith and by faith we are certain to live with Christ forever.
So eternal life comes through God's spirit but is God's to give. Doesn't that mean that God is the spirit and that they are not separate beings?

Or are there multiple spirits? mine, yours, sciota's....etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity