Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 09:49 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,664,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So let me get this straight.

You taunt people for not answering your question (on the other thread). Then I (& TTL) answer it. Now we are heretics and you want to end the discussion.

I asked you to spell out my "lies" on one of the other threads. No response yet.

Have you responded to any of my content on the salvation topic?
What good does it do DRob...? I know where you stand...you know where I stand...nothing more could I say to you would change your mind...am I correct?...so why even waist the time? I have your answers...and you do not agree with the Word...I'll stick with the Word of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 09:50 PM

45,593 posts, read 27,215,643 times
[quote=Harold Kupp;11811523]
Quote:
An appropriate quote Verna... The heretic is one who condemns himself by arguing that he can continue to sin. Only those who "sinneth" try to say they can sin and not be lost. When they do they condemn themselves.
Who is arguing in favor of sin? Is that how you justify our viewpoint in your mind?

This viewpoint that we must want to continue to sin is totally ludicrous and delusional.

You and Verna continue to miss the point. It's not about us. It's about the power of God.

Verna mentioned the "Doctrine of the Devil" - who is raising the sin of man above the power of God? You say man has the power to break free from God. The Bible says believers are not our own - you don't think so. Christ died for sin once for all time - but you say we can sin and override the death of Christ and lose salvation.

What sin is more expensive than Christ's life that His death does not foot the bill?

Old 11-28-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
What good does it do DRob...? I know where you stand...you know where I stand...nothing more could I say to you would change your mind...am I correct?...so why even waist the time? I have your answers...and you do not agree with the Word...I'll stick with the Word of God.
If Mike made a similar statement to you concerning your Heb. 3:12 post - you would ride him up one side and down the other.

You know where I stand? I stand with the Bible. I have no problem changing my viewpoint if it can be proven. I would expect you to be the same. My problem is that you called us out - we responded - and you pushed it to the side and call us heretics. No discussion of our response. But Mike - if he doesn't answer you, well he's a chicken, and his argument doesn't stand up.

You made such a big deal of the Heb. 3:12 verse. I answered it here and on another thread. Why don't you read it and give me back Scripture as to why you don't agree? You said I posted lies on the other thread - tell me what the lies are.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:52 PM

20 minutes after my post above on the other thread from Verna to Mike...

Quote:
I see clear through you Mike...you do not fool me. I know exactly why you do not address this verse...because you cannot...because if you did, it would proove you are wrong...you know good and well that there is no way around it, or you would be on it like white on rice!...just as you have been concerning other verses on other topics...this one you cannot refute...it's simple, clear, and precise in it's meaning...you know it and so do I.

It's o.k. to admitt that you are wrong Mike...I wouldn't say a word, except, God Bless you for being an honorable man of character, who can admitt when he is wrong. Honestly...as much as you want to know God...(and I know that you do)...you'd think that you would see this in the light that it is given in this verse...that you are wrong...step back and reconsider Mike.
This stuff just can not be made up.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:03 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,903,820 times
Quote:
As a result of their disobedience and sin against God, Israel was NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER INTO THE PROMISED LAND. They failed to take possession of their inheritance and reaped the wages of their sin. Step by step the Israelites, through the HARDENING OF THEIR HEARTS, were led to destruction.

Paul drew a parallel. The Israelites, under Moses, were given covenant promises and an inheritance that was theirs based upon their faithfulness and obedience to God. And, just as they had forfeited their inheritance, he was warning the BELIEVERS of THE POSSIBILITY OF THEIR LOSING THEIR POSITION AND INHERITANCE THROUGH UNBELIEF AND HARDENING THEIR HEARTS.
  • Deuteronomy 32:48 And the LORD spake unto Moses that selfsame day, saying, 49 Get thee up into this mountain Abarim, unto mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, that is over against Jericho; and behold the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel for a possession: 50 And die in the mount whither thou goest up, and be gathered unto thy people; as Aaron thy brother died in mount Hor, and was gathered unto his people: 51 Because ye trespassed against me among the children of Israel at the waters of Meribah-Kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin; because ye sanctified me not in the midst of the children of Israel. 52 Yet thou shalt see the land before thee; but thou shalt not go thither unto the land which I give the children of Israel

Old 11-29-2009, 12:53 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,502,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post

All who are deceived are confident they are not deceived. That is the essence of deception - the one deceived believes a lie. They are delusional.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

HK
Does this mean you are confident you are not deceived or confident that you are deceived? Seems like your words have you caught between a rock and a hard place!

Old 11-29-2009, 01:15 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,627,655 times
Yes Verna, a person ABSOLUTELY CAN LOSE THEIR SALVATION and this doctrine saying that you can't ever lose it is very dangerous. It's just as dangerous and blasphemous as the universalist doctrine.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:31 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Does this mean you are confident you are not deceived or confident that you are deceived? Seems like your words have you caught between a rock and a hard place!
When your confidence is in an interpretation of the scriptures you are certainly deluded and even more deluded to threaten others with your own private interpretation.

When your faith is in Jesus Christ as your Savior and are led by Christ dwelling in you then your confidence is in His declaration of you .

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." Romans 8 : 14,15

Did you notice it says we have not received a spirit of fear , how come the Fundamentalist message is tainted with fear ?.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:47 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,701,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yes Verna, a person ABSOLUTELY CAN LOSE THEIR SALVATION and this doctrine saying that you can't ever lose it is very dangerous. It's just as dangerous and blasphemous as the universalist doctrine.
Amen....Ilene Wright!

Old 11-29-2009, 07:19 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,579,709 times
Verna this scripture that you are alluding to is about non-believers who are aimlessly wandering out in the desert,they are turning a deaf ear on the God of Israel and turning to their own beliefs and desires. When one stays away from the Lord their hearts begin to harden,they are steadfast in their own ways and desires and eventually they turn completely away from the Lord because they want to live in their own sin and this is dangerous because one will and I will use point of no return because they will have gone too far in their sin or belief to ever want to turn back to God.

When one accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour a true repentance whereby we have a change of mind and heart,we are convicted by the Holy Spirit and are wanting to be like Christ. They are saved through the blood of Christ for those who believe shall not perish but have everlasting life .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity