Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 11:42 AM

45,659 posts, read 27,282,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...that He means what He says when He says that I can lose my salvation if I willfully sin.
How can He mean what He says when He never said this?

Jesus does say that the one who hears my message and believes the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, but has crossed over from death to life (John 5:24).

Jesus says the one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God (John 3:18).

If you believe - you have eternal life and you are not condemned. Those are unconditional quotes straight from the Son of God.

You can not quote anyplace where Jesus directly says salvation can be lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 11:58 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Of course I can Sundance...and I've never eluded to anything different. I know full well the danger of losing my salvation, and how fine the line is between my walking in the spirit and walking in the flesh...and the only thing that separates one path (spirit), from the other (flesh), are the daily choices I make...first, in taking control of my thoughts.

Staying in the Word of God guides me in His truth and shows Me what He expects of me, and teaches me how to be ALL that He wants me to be. Only by the Word of God do I know what God expects of me, and instead of trying to fight it...hide from it...ignore it altogether...or try to make it mean something that is more "comfortable" for me to live with, I take it at face value. God's Word IS what IT IS!...nothing more, and nothing less, and it is so simple and easy for me to grasp and understand and DO, because I love Him more than life itself. I love Him more than I love my mother and father...I love Him more than I love my daughter and my precious little granddaughter...I love Him more than I love waking up in the mornings to a new day...I love Him so much that keeping His commandments...learning and abiding in His will for my life and not my own, is who I am created to be...and I love that He created me to be and feel this way toward Him. He is so good to me and He answers my prayers for my family and shines His light through me to those who do not know Him yet, but hopefully will.

What drives me to stay in focus in staying submitted to Him is the fear I have in Him and the wrath I know He is capable of...He is All Mighty...Awesome...He IS GOD!...and I stand in awe of Him...I respect Him with reverence and love and honor...and I worship Him with my life. I have the deepest respect for Him and give to Him my deepest devotion...

...and I believe IN Him...and I trust IN Him, that He means what He says when He says that I can lose my salvation if I willfully sin. If I willfully sin, that means I have NOT repented of my sins...I have NOT been born-again...I am not a child of God...I am NOT a believer...I am NOT saved from anything...and all the Scripture that speaks to believers, is NOT speaking to unbelievers...period.

So, yes Sundance...so I fully understand that I can lose my salvation...but I will not because I have free will to choose the way that I should go...and I will NOT be found in sin when He returns to receive His bride...I choose to be steadfast...and I choose to endure until the very end, and continue on just like I am doing now...I choose to continue to strengthen, grow and mature more through trials and tests.
Verna i gave up counting the I's after your first sentence . Your relationship with God sounds so burdensome. When you come into the understanding that He accepts you as you are, worts and All , you will give up your confession of I I I and really begin to walk in the righteousness of God because you will no longer feel the need to strive to please Him , you will naturally grow in the grace and the knowledge of God .

Old 12-01-2009, 12:15 PM

988 posts, read 1,904,780 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Jesus does say that the one who hears my message and believes the one who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, but has crossed over from death to life (John 5:24).

Jesus says the one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God (John 3:18).

If you believe - you have eternal life and you are not condemned. Those are unconditional quotes straight from the Son of God.
Those who do not obey do not believe in Jesus as Lord.

Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath eternal life; but he that obeyeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The devils believe but they do not obey God's commandments.

HK

Old 12-01-2009, 12:32 PM

45,659 posts, read 27,282,625 times
Harold - Here is what we should obey.

1 John 3:23 - This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:22 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,794,355 times
Quote:
So, yes Sundance...so I fully understand that I can lose my salvation...but I will not because I have free will to choose the way that I should go...and I will NOT be found in sin when He returns to receive His bride...I choose to be steadfast...and I choose to endure until the very end, and continue on just like I am doing now...I choose to continue to strengthen, grow and mature more through trials and tests.
You contradicted yourself....first you said it was a DAILY decision, a daily choice, but now you say you will NOT lose your salvation because YOU choose "to be steadfast," in other words, you are crediting yourself with your own salvation, instead of the Lord.

You are glorying in your own self-righteousness, which is quite clearly opposite of what the Lord preached.....

You have no security in your salvation, you are only one step away from hell........how sad. I am safe in the arms of the Lord, for I am covered in His blood, and there is nothing more powerful in the whole universe. Your understanding of the Lord, and what He has done, seems quite limited...

Old 12-01-2009, 02:41 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,668,739 times
pcamps...

Quote: Verna
According to God's Word, you ABSOLUTELY CAN LOSE YOUR SALVATION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
Then so can you!
...do you notice who the question is directed to?...Me!...Verna!...I!...I!...I!......!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Verna i gave up counting the I's after your first sentence . Your relationship with God sounds so burdensome.
...no, not burdensome...FREEDOM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps
When you come into the understanding that He accepts you as you are, worts and All,...
...that was rude...but I do understand you are clueless as to what He has brought me out of...and "worts and ALL" don't even come close!

[quote=pcamps]you will give up your confession of I I I and really begin to walk in the righteousness of God because you will no longer feel the need to strive to please Him,[/quote]

...no, not strive...REACHING FOR...GRASPING AND HOLDING ON TO!...That's one thing I will NEVER give up...my confession of I!...I!...I!...and at the same time, I have been, and will contiue to, walk in the righteousness of God...!

Quote:
you will naturally grow in the grace and the knowledge of God .
...I'll tell you what pcamps...you just continue on in your beliefs, and I'll continue on in my joy and confidence in knowing that God knows and abides with me...and I know and abide with Him!

Old 12-01-2009, 03:17 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,584,509 times
One thing Christians or newcomers to Christ is that we can't revert back to our sinful nature as it has to be a true repentance,one cannot keep living in one's sin as it should be this individual will want to be Christ-Like.One has to have a confidence in one's walk that one is assured of one's salvation. When we put our faith,hope and trust totally in the Lord one knows and is confident of one's salvation and know's it can never be lost if our main focus is on the Lord.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:47 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,794,355 times
When one becomes a Christian, one is BORN again. You are changed; you are different...........yes, you still have the old sin nature, but you are different. There may be areas where we each need improvement, but it's not like you get up every morning and have this horrendous struggle that is being portrayed on this board.........that is putting oneself under the law......we WANT to please the Lord, because of the relationship that is there.

"I...........I...........I...........I", reveals the person one is trusting in.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,668,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
When one becomes a Christian, one is BORN again. You are changed; you are different...........yes, you still have the old sin nature, but you are different. There may be areas where we each need improvement, but it's not like you get up every morning and have this horrendous struggle that is being portrayed on this board.........that is putting oneself under the law......we WANT to please the Lord, because of the relationship that is there.

Quote:
"I...........I...........I...........I", reveals the person one is trusting in.

...is simply how one refers to oneself when answering a question directed to them personally

To , am ......and

............ ..

Old 12-01-2009, 05:37 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Verna wouldn't it be more fitting of us to glorify God than ourselves by declaring He will complete that which He started in me ? and to quote the Apostle Paul " it's no longer I that liveth"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity