Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:20 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,546,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
You quoted scripture inaccurately. Do you not study to show yourself approved? (2 Timothy 2:15) My experience with the Bible has told me that many people say they are saved when in actuality they may not be. The Bible says that the demons believe in Jesus and they tremble (James 2:19. It is not enough to believe but one must make Jesus Lord and follow Him. If you say you are a believer and walk in darkness the Bible says that you are a liar and the Truth is not in you (I John 5:13). The question isn't once saved always saved or can you lose your salvation? The question is "Is your salvation geniune"?
If God gave out salvation then there can be no genuine or not genuine salvation.

It is only if you believe that you have something to do with your salvation that would make what you say true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 10:09 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,222,800 times
Phillipians 2:12
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

You most certainly can lose it or there would be no need to work it out.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:41 AM

23,025 posts, read 34,425,255 times
Does it make sense to say salvation is offered as a solution for our sin and then turn around and teach that salvation can be taken away because of our sin? NO!!!!! God does not have an eraser. To say Christians can lose their salvation is to say that the blood of Jesus was inadequate to perfect for all time those whom God has sanctified.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:44 AM

33,334 posts, read 26,552,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Does it make sense to say salvation is offered as a solution for our sin and then turn around and teach that salvation can be taken away because of our sin? NO!!!!! God does not have an eraser. To say Christians can lose their salvation is to say that the blood of Jesus was inadequate to perfect for all time those whom God has sanctified.
Absolutely.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I guess it's easier to reject clear scripture that teaches otherwise...than to believe what it actually says.

Good Luck with that

Old 12-02-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I guess it's easier to reject clear scripture that teaches otherwise...than to believe what it actually says.

Good Luck with that
Must be because you seem to be rejecting a lot of it.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Must be because you seem to be rejecting a lot of it.
What don't you understand about this verse????

So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

Working it out means it not as secure as you may think it is....doesn't it?

Old 12-02-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
What don't you understand about this verse????

Working it out means it not as secure as you may think it is....doesn't it?
NO!
It's what YOU don't understand about that verse. We are to put into action God's saving work in our lives. We must be careful about what we believe and how we live and focus our attention on Christ so we won't be sidetracked.

I have ETERNAL SECURITY!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 11:23 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,586,630 times
I think a good example would be if we think about a police officer being behind us as we are driving we would obey all the road and safety rules(being obedient),however in his absence we should remain doing the same thing as if he is there and that is the way it should be with the Lord.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:15 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,670,992 times
Default Let God's Word Be True And Every Man A Liar.

Hebrews.
Chapter 3: (this letter is addressing the "brethren"..."partakers of the heavenly calling", which are believers ONLY).

(1) Christ is more worthy than Moses, (7) therefore if we believe not in Him, we shallbe more worthy punishment than hard-hearted Israel.

(1) Wherefore holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and high Priest of our profession Christ Jesus...
(6) But Christ as the Son over His own house, whose house we are, IF we hold fast the confidence, and the rejoycing of the hope firm unto the end.
(7) Wherefore as the Holy Ghost saith, Today if we will hear his voice,
(8) Harden not your hearts, as in the provacation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
(9) When your fathers tempted Me, proved Me, and saw My works forty years.
(10) Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do always err in their hearts, and they have not known My ways.
(11) So I sware in My wrath: THEY SHALL NOT ENTER INTO MY REST.

(12) TAKE HEED, BRETHREN, LEST THERE BE IN ANY OF YOU AN EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF, IN DEPARTING FROM THE LIVING GOD.

(13) But exhort one another daily, while it is call To day, LEST ANY OF YOU BE HARDENED THROUGH THE DECEITFULLNESS OF SIN.

(14) For we are made partakers of Christ, >>>IF<<<WE HOLD THE BEGINNING OF OUR CONFIDENCE STEDFAST TO THE END...

(17)...But with whom was He grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, WHOSE CARCASES FELL IN THE WILDERNESS?

(18) And TO WHOM SWARE hE THAT THEY SHOULD NOT ENTER INTO HIS REST, BUT TO THEM WHO BELIEVE NOT?

(19) SO WE SEE THAT THEY COULD NOT ENTER IN, BECAUSE OF THEIR UNBELIEF.

Hebrews 3:12...which states: "Take heed, *brethren, *lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in *departing from the living God.

*brethren. those who are of the faith...who live for God, in His righteousness...family...like-minded.

*lest there be. Greek (indicative), "lest there be shall," lest there be, as I fear there is; implying that it is not merely a possible contingency, but that there is ground for thinking it will be so.

*departing. -apostatizing. The opposite of "come unto" Him (Hebrews 4:16) God punishes such apostates in kind. He DEPARTS from them - the worst of woes!...to apostatize from Christ is to apostatize from the living God (Hebrews 2:3).

In this Scripture, (Hebrews 3:12), the Apostle Paul issued a warning to the Hebrews concerning the danger of unbelief and a refusal to cleve to, trust in, and rely on God. The negative force of unbelief will shut you off from all the blessings God has prepared for you and hinder you from practicing what you preach.

Just as unbelief caused the children of Israel to wander for forty years and die in the wilderness without entering the Promised Land, unbelief can cause God's people to miss all the riches He has prepared for us to enjoy, and to hinder the flow of God's power in our lives.

Paul said to beware, be watching, be on guard, lest unbelief take hold in your life. That means when even the smallest doubt pops into your mind that you must take it "into captivity" (2 Corinthians 10:5) - take authority over it, rebuke it, and cast it out in the Name of Jesus!!!

Many times Satan uses outside forces such as adverse circumstances to hinder us. He also uses other people...even our loved one's...to bombard us with the negative forces of unbelief and render us powerless to do the works of God.

Any of the negative forces of self-pity, worry, self-righteousness and unbelief will hinder you from releasing your faith and acting on God's Word. God has shown me that one of the major reasons Christians fail to practice what they preach is because they fail to take authority over these negative forces that are part of their old carnal nature. They allow their feelings to rule their actions.

When these hindrances come your way, you have a CHOICE to make:
1. You can allow SELF to control your actions by yielding to your feelings of self-pity, worry, self-righteousness and unbelief...or,
2. You can crucify (put to death) those feelings, yeild to the Holy Spirit and take authority over them, in the Name of Jesus!

REMEMBER:

Your circumstances cannot defeat you as long as you do not "freeze in your tracks," turn around and run, or hide when you are out on the battlefield.

STAND AND FIGHT AGAINST YOUR OLD ENEMY...SELF!...AND GOD WILL MAKE YOU VICTORIOUS!

Amen!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity