Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 01:19 PM

988 posts, read 1,902,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I have ETERNAL SECURITY!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Or in other words "Yippee - I can sin without fear of destruction "

HK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 01:23 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times

HK[/quote]

As usual are wrong again.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:17 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Phillipians 2:12
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

You most certainly can lose it or there would be no need to work it out.

Amen to that!

Unfortunately, there are many (and some on this forum) who will reject that scripture...they will say it doesn't really mean what it says, or that it actually means something different. They will say it is "salvation by works", that it doesn't have anything to do with being saved and staying saved, because then you would be trying to "earn your salvation by works". (or something roughly equivalent). Like: let's eat, drink, sin, and be merry, because we are saved and absolutely nothing can get us unsaved.....whoo-hooooo! Paarrrrttteeee! Don't worry, and forget about that fear and trembling part...it shouldn't have been in the Book. (somebody must have added that in there later on). Besides, it doesn't apply to us because it doesn't agree with our church doctrine...my pastor said so, and a million of our church members agree, and they can never be wrong! (sarcasm)

So blind to the truth...

Bud

Old 12-02-2009, 02:27 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,138 times
I agree with the OP. Verna, you have such a wonderful zeal for the Lord...I hope it's contageous...!

Bud

Old 12-02-2009, 05:42 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I agree with the OP. Verna, you have such a wonderful zeal for the Lord...I hope it's contageous...!

Bud
Thank you Bud...I pray to God it is! Bless you.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:13 PM

988 posts, read 1,902,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

HK
As usual are wrong again.[/quote]

Oh really? Answer this if you dare:

Can YOU commit sin without fear of losing your salvation?

Yes or No?

HK

Old 12-03-2009, 01:03 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Oh really? Answer this if you dare:

Can YOU commit sin without fear of losing your salvation?

Yes or No?

HK

Yes. I can commit sin without fear of losing my salvation.

Why?

1. Because my salvation is not depending on anything that I have done or will do.
2. I am born into salvation through belief.
3. I have been released from the Law, having died w/ Christ to the law. And if there is no law, there is no penalty leading to death.

Eph. 2:8-9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

1 John 5:1 - Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.

Room. 7:6 - But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:32 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Yes. I can commit sin without fear of losing my salvation.

Why?

1. Because my salvation is not depending on anything that I have done or will do.
2. I am born into salvation through belief.
3. I have been released from the Law, having died w/ Christ to the law. And if there is no law, there is no penalty leading to death.

Eph. 2:8-9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

1 John 5:1 - Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.

Room. 7:6 - But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.
AMEN!

Old 12-03-2009, 08:07 PM

595 posts, read 761,566 times
1 Timothy 1: 8Timothy, my son, I give you this instruction in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by following them you may fight the good fight, 19holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith. 20Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme.

Jude 1:
3Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints. 4For certain men whose condemnation was written about[b] long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord. 5Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own homeā€”these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Now, why would the Lord put this or any other scripture from the OT into the NT? These people went through all the plagues of Pharaoh, the Red Sea, the continuous Burning Cloud of God. They worshipped together and gave thanks to God together.

2 Peter 3:8But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. 11Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. 14So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

2 Peter 3:17 Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:11 PM

595 posts, read 761,566 times
Good Post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity