Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 12:00 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,223,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
People have different opinions on "how to seek God." How I believe it's done, or how Tony Blair believes it's done, or how my next door neighbour believes it's done, or how Tom Cruise believes it's done, is not at issue.

The only question at the moment, which you have yet to answer, is how do YOU think it's done?
Those of us who have been blessed to be indwelt by the Spirit....let the Spirit guide us into all TRUTH. There are various methods the Spirit uses to speak, i.e., prayer, scripture, other people, etc. It's obvious you've never had this experience or you wouldn't be asking about it....or your just ridiculing for fun. In any event, if you are serious about a true and meaningful relationship....seek GOD. If not....go troll somewhere else.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:05 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,122,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Those of us who have been blessed to be indwelt by the Spirit....let the Spirit guide us into all TRUTH. There are various methods the Spirit uses to speak, i.e., prayer, scripture, other people, etc. It's obvious you've never had this experience or you wouldn't be asking about it....or your just ridiculing for fun. In any event, if you are serious about a true and meaningful relationship....seek GOD. If not....go troll somewhere else.
I am most certainly NOT "ridiculing for fun." I asked a straightforward question, and you refused to answer it, so I followed up until you did.

Here is another unanswered question that I asked you the other day:

Quote:
Christy,

If only "God knows what is best" and what is in a person's heart, how is it that YOU know that I, DreamingSpires,am "mired in carnality?"

Did God reveal this fact to you?
How about answering this one now?

Old 12-10-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
One more thing, Christy: it is not a requirement of this forum that participants must be "serious about a true and meaningful relationship" with God, and that anyone who posts here who is not is deemed a "troll."

I've noticed your pattern of rudeness toward people. I will let this one go without reporting it, but if you persist in name-calling of anyone here (such as calling someone a "troll" when they have done nothing to merit the title) I will compile the evidence and forward it to the moderators to deal with.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Mt 7:20 So then, you will know them by their fruits.
That I am "mired in carnality"--is that your personal opinion, or are you speaking for God?

Old 12-10-2009, 02:56 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,871,219 times
Quote:
Explain your stance on how the Holy Spirit speaks through prayer, please.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:06 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,871,219 times
Quote:
People have different opinions on "how to seek God." How I believe it's done, or how Tony Blair believes it's done, or how my next door neighbour believes it's done, or how Tom Cruise believes it's done, is not at issue.

The only question at the moment, which you have yet to answer, is how do YOU think it's done?
There is only one name under the heavens for men to call on to be saved.

There is only one way to come to God the Father.

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Because of false spirits in the world, there are no invitations even to the Holy Spirit for all those that come to and believe in Jesus have received the promise of the Spirit by faith... and it is because of false spirits in the world and the devil making like a devouring lion, seeking whom he may devour is why there is only One way in coming to God and that is through Jesus Christ the Lord. That is Whom the indwelling Holy Spirit and the scriptures are pointing everyone including believers to go to so as to avoid false prophets and false spirits.

Those that do not honour the Son would offer other doors or avenues in coming to God besides the one to Jesus and by doing so, commit a work of iniquity and no longer being a chaste bride but an adulterous generation.

Wayward believers can rationalize their iniquities all they want, but it is for this reason that judgment will fall on the House of God first to remind all left behind at the rapture event of their first love by the appearing of the Son.

By the grace of God, I am pointing to Jesus Christ only in having that realtionship with God for by Him we have access to the Father to pray to Him as well. I listen to Whom the Holy Spirit in me is pointing me to go to... and it is not to Himself, but to the Lord Jesus Christ as the scriptures do as well.

John 5:39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:03 PM

63,949 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
That I am "mired in carnality"--is that your personal opinion, or are you speaking for God?
Ok . . . who appointed you God's official inquiisitor, DreamingSpires? . . . Torquemada was more than enough. There is no place here for your self-righteous badgering. Everything expressed here is opinion . . . anyone claiming any greater authority is deluded in self-importance and pridefulness.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ok . . . who appointed you God's official inquiisitor, DreamingSpires? . . . Torquemada was more than enough. There is no place here for your self-righteous badgering. Everything expressed here is opinion . . . anyone claiming any greater authority is deluded in self-importance and pridefulness.
Thanks for that clarification, MysticPhd.

Would you please clarify how ChristyGrl squares that statement with the following:

Quote:
It's not my job to judge anyone where they are in their walk with God and it's not your job either....that is GODS job and GODS alone...why don't we leave it to Him.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:28 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,223,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Explain your stance on how the Holy Spirit speaks through prayer, please.
The Spirit speaks to my spirit....have you never experienced this in your prayer life when talking to GOD?

It's very hard to explain if you've never experienced it....it's like an awareness in your conscience, whether it be an answer to a question, a need filled, a prayer answered, a struggle I am having, etc. When GOD reveals a truth or guidance through the Spirit...you just know it's true and there are no doubts in your mind or heart about it. I trust GOD completely with ALL things and I just know that I know....He is faithful and true in all that He reveals to me and He has never steered me wrong yet. Things may not always go the way I ask that they go but, in the end, I can see the evidence that GODS way was the best way....He works ALL things for our good.

I know it's not a very good explanation but it's the best I could do....like I said, it's a difficult thing to explain if one hasn't experienced it.

Be Blessed!
Christy

Old 12-11-2009, 06:57 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,543,185 times
This thread will remain closed...

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-11-2009 at 12:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.