Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:50 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Man was born with the inclination to sin. We sinned through judgement. Isn't that what your doing? Placing a judgement on another child of God just because you cannot grasp the concept of who you are but what you want others to believe about you. Do you not know yet that you are love and love always seeks for betterment? How are you making the world better by judgeing others based on what you alone believe? If you disagree with someone and their ideas, you should know that attacking isn't the best route to take.

Judgement is a mockery of goodness and decency, for the sole intent of judgement is control. You are trying to control what is the truth by inserting your own ideas and making others believe that they are wrong.
This is obviously not true. How can the Judge of the World (who is God) mock goodness and decency by judging people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 05:14 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
This is obviously not true. How can the Judge of the World (who is God) mock goodness and decency by judging people?

Love does not judge. The material minded judge one another. God is love and love cannot sin. Judgement is sin. Keep trying though. We judge ourselves by reaping what we sow. "The consequences of judgement have to run full course until judgement self-consumes, and the error of judgement is universally exposed." Judgement seperates. "The long era of judgement has been man's darkest night, but that will end soon when the last judgement has been made. The last judgement will be the judgement against judgement itself". How sweet that sounds. When we no longer seperate and when we all walk in love for one another as the brotherhood of man. Won't that be something to see!!

Old 12-31-2011, 06:10 AM

33 posts, read 30,970 times
Jehovah god does not create sin he's the one that wants us to do right. Satan was sinning before and after he got kicked out of heaven so he's the reason why humans sin. As for how sin was created I dont know how but I think it does have something to do with the beginning when adam and eve ate the fruit.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:55 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonalexandria21 View Post
Jehovah god does not create sin he's the one that wants us to do right. Satan was sinning before and after he got kicked out of heaven so he's the reason why humans sin. As for how sin was created I dont know how but I think it does have something to do with the beginning when adam and eve ate the fruit.
Ignorance is the creator of sin.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 481 times
God DID "create" sin

KJV - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7 KJV)

Nathaniel, a Prophet of the Lord: est. 1/11/1979

Old 06-02-2014, 02:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
The better question would be, who missed the mark? . How does it happen ? When we take our attention off what God teaches us to look at.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:14 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ignorance is the creator of sin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacville-79 View Post
God DID "create" sin
KJV - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7 KJV)
Nathaniel, a Prophet of the Lord: est. 1/11/1979
Another would-be self-appointed prophet of God! God created us and we were created ignorant (as every newborn is . . . as it was in the beginning and ever shall be). We have to learn to distinguish between good and evil or we "miss the mark." That is all that sin is "missing the mark" in ignorance (lack of knowledge of good and evil).

Old 06-02-2014, 02:49 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,989,875 times
Context. ra means something that is "not good." It is from a root word meaning to be spoiled, and by implication something that is not good or bad. It's defined as something spoiled, bad, adversity, trouble, misfortune, calamity, natural disasters, or suffering.

As here:
Jeremiah 24:2 "One basket had very good figs, even like the figs that are first ripe: and the other basket had very naughty figs, which could not be eaten, they were so bad."

Proverbs 15:10 "Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die."

Psalms 41:1b "Blessed is he that considereth the poor: YHVH will deliver him in time of trouble."

Gen 24:50 Then Laban and Bethuel answered and said, The thing proceedeth from YHVH: we cannot speak unto thee bad or good

Gen 26:29 That thou wilt do us no hurt, as we have not touched thee, and as we have done unto thee nothing but good, and have sent thee away in peace: thou art now the blessed of YHVH.

Last edited by mshipmate; 06-02-2014 at 03:02 PM..

Old 06-02-2014, 03:07 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,989,875 times
About the Ancient Hebrew Culture
It should be noted that the English word "evil" has no Ancient Hebrew equivelant, while most English translations will use the word "evil" it is usually the Hebrew word "ra" which simply means "bad". In the Ancient Hebrew mind there is no such thing as an "evil" person or thing. To understand the words "good" and "bad" from a more Hebraic understanding these words should be understood as "functional" and "dysfunctional". God is both functional (such as seen in the Creation story of Genesis one) as well as dysfunctional (such as the destruction of the flood).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity