Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 04:56 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,625,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Could it be that your "visions" came about because end times events were on your mind at the time?
Oh now I see what you are doing, you're trying to discredit me. To answer your question, NO, I was not thinking about end time events at all....it came out of nowhere.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:08 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,215,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Oh now I see what you are doing, you're trying to discredit me. To answer your question, NO, I was not thinking about end time events at all....it came out of nowhere.
No not at all, I am trying to get you to think about other possibilities. When people focus on things they tend to be on the top of their minds, how many times do you have dreams about things that happened that day?

So you did not do any reading about end times or hear any preachers, you had no real interest in end times prophecy and them bam out of the blue? I am not talking about the second it happened but in general, was end times an interest of yours?

Also, have you every entertained the idea that visions and dreams of end times could be a tool to distract people from the glory of Jesus and his wonderful gift he has given us? Keeping people focused on an end goal can take them away from the here and now. It also could keep people from preaching a message of hope by preaching a message of fear and doom.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
No not at all, I am trying to get you to think about other possibilities. When people focus on things they tend to be on the top of their minds, how many times do you have dreams about things that happened that day?

So you did not do any reading about end times or hear any preachers, you had no real interest in end times prophecy and them bam out of the blue? I am not talking about the second it happened but in general, was end times an interest of yours?

Also, have you every entertained the idea that visions and dreams of end times could be a tool to distract people from the glory of Jesus and his wonderful gift he has given us? Keeping people focused on an end goal can take them away from the here and now. It also could keep people from preaching a message of hope by preaching a message of fear and doom.

Take it for what it is Hilgi, or don't, I don't really care.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Take it for what it is Hilgi, or don't, I don't really care.
So questioning a vision brings out anger? Interesting. Again, that should make you question where the vision comes from.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:16 PM

7 posts, read 6,345 times
Perhaps I can shed some light on this query. I am an accomplished Remote Viewer (you can find much info about RV on the internet) and we follow a strict set of protocols when performing the viewing of a Target. Now RV is nearly the same as a vision, as we do see and perceive rather clearly any target we choose, past, present or future. One of the first steps in this process is to meditate and quiet the mind so it does not interfere with the data/vision. Many times if one is unsuccessful in quieting the mind from residual noise of thoughts we receive false data/visions. This is thought to be a result of the conscious mind trying to interprete what is seen within the Mind's Eye prior to the full manifestation, and thus creates an alternate vision as the conscience mind reconstructs the data to match that which is most familar to it. This is a known product of the mind, and it will search its memory banks to match anything you see, feel, hear or touch, so it can file the incoming data in the proper region of the brain.
So this could easily answer why many visions of the End Times are highly representative of each other...because what familarity one has with the subject has been most often taken from the version in Revelations.
However, I do recommend that all read the Essene's Book of Revalations, which comes from the Dead Sea Scrolls. It certainly echoes that of Revelations, but shows an alternative to destruction.
P.S. I can tell you from my personal experience that the future is non-static, and is changeable. I believe any other Remote Viewer would say this as well.

Hope this was helpful!

Old 11-10-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
So questioning a vision brings out anger? Interesting. Again, that should make you question where the vision comes from.
What anger? I really don't care what you think. Honestly, don't care. I've been down this road, two years ago so I don't have any more patience for your kind of nonsense. Did you even read my visions? NO, I didn't think so. You're here simply to cause trouble and I'm not buying into it, sorry.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
What anger? I really don't care what you think. Honestly, don't care. I've been down this road, two years ago so I don't have any more patience for your kind of nonsense. Did you even read my visions? NO, I didn't think so. You're here simply to cause trouble and I'm not buying into it, sorry.
Actually I did read them, they annihilation of cities, etc. They immediately ring my "evil" detector, I have heard things like this for dozens of years and I have a pretty good sense of where things come from. Visions like yours and the obsessive promotion of them do nothing but drive people from the good news of Jesus. Sorry to be so blunt.

I am not here to cause trouble, I have been on this forum long enough for you to notice that. I just think that this type of stuff harms the mission of Jesus.

Hopefully one day you will turn towards Jesus and away from fear and doom.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:40 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
America will break apart very soon. This fall is in line with the coming of God's kingdom. All earthly kingdoms shall be broken.
Sure looks like it will. The Soviet Union broke apart and all the various people in the nation/states left behind in the wake of it suffered tremendous hunger and death afterward. I think that what is coming to us soon is the demonstration of how evil the sin of GREED is and how corrupt America's love of money is. On the current trip abroad do you know what Obama is telling those people we have to "sell" them? Weapons. That's all America makes and exports now. It is sick, sick, sick. This military industrial complex is about to be destroyed. We live in a world in which the order of things is unsustainable. That's the way I see it.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:32 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Sure looks like it will. The Soviet Union broke apart and all the various people in the nation/states left behind in the wake of it suffered tremendous hunger and death afterward. I think that what is coming to us soon is the demonstration of how evil the sin of GREED is and how corrupt America's love of money is. On the current trip abroad do you know what Obama is telling those people we have to "sell" them? Weapons. That's all America makes and exports now. It is sick, sick, sick. This military industrial complex is about to be destroyed. We live in a world in which the order of things is unsustainable. That's the way I see it.

We just made an arms deal, worth 60 billion dollars, with Saudi Arabia last month.

What do the pastors talk about in their sermons? Peace, joy, kindness, how to love our enemies. What does the church as a whole support through it's political connections? Mass murder. We must kill millions to bring peace to the world, I guess. It doesn't take prophets or dreamers to see where this is going.

Sigh.

Raise your hand if you think our weaponry will be turned back on us one day.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Agreed, I don't give doom visions much credence because as the saying goes "sh*t happens". From a cyclical standpoint we are just starting a very bad crisis era, one that come about every 80 years or so. Strauss and Howe have written a lot about these cycles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss_and_Howe Based on their cycle work this crisis could be one as damaging to the US as the Civil War crisis was, or worse. Now they are giving visions, just looking at how people react during various eras in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity