Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:56 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,065,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Hypothetically no humans then no sin, no sin then no planet. Nothing to give God the glory so really no point.

p.s. Did you know in scripture that this present earth will be destroyed for a new earth and there will be no oceans?
There was a planet, a galaxy and an entire universe before there were people you know.

And yes, I know you take everything in the Bible literally....it doesn't mean it will be as you imagine now...with your limited thinking ability (not a knock on you personally, just that none of us can fully understand the things of God and we'd be pretty arrogant to think we do) And being the bible scholar you claim to be I'm surprised that you are off a bit....most translations come out to 'sea', not ocean.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:05 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,571,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
There was a planet, a galaxy and an entire universe before there were people you know.

And yes, I know you take everything in the Bible literally....it doesn't mean it will be as you imagine now...with your limited thinking ability (not a knock on you personally, just that none of us can fully understand the things of God and we'd be pretty arrogant to think we do) And being the bible scholar you claim to be I'm surprised that you are off a bit....most translations come out to 'sea', not ocean.
I don't claim to be a bible scholar. Scripture is my authority on the word of God. As far as the rest you wrote so what you are saying that since scripture is too difficult to comprehend in our finite state that you know I am wrong in claiming to know what scripture says but you know you are right in that we can't know what scripture says. If you can't know what scripture says then how do you we are wrong in our claim?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-18-2010 at 01:14 PM..

Old 01-18-2010, 01:13 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,150,762 times
Quote:
Hypothetically no humans then no sin, no sin then no planet. Nothing to give God the glory so really no point.

p.s. Did you know in scripture that this present earth will be destroyed for a new earth and there will be no oceans?
And this is one of the most well thought out statements on this thread.. Amen Fundy!! I was get ready to get my trusty Sword... No need on this one you did the job and did it well and drove the point home.

We are a bit off topic as well.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
And this is one of the most well thought out statements on this thread.. Amen Fundy!! I was get ready to get my trusty Sword... No need on this one you did the job and did it well and drove the point home.

YES WE ARE!!! Sorry!

Old 01-18-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
YES WE ARE!!! Sorry!
You don't need to be sorry you didn't do the drifting.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:47 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,007,462 times
Quote:
My fleshly, carnal side doesn't need God to get by. I am perfectly fine without God in fact I would prefer God didn't exist.
Why do you need him then?

Old 01-18-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
My fleshly, carnal side doesn't need God to get by. I am perfectly fine without God in fact I would prefer God didn't exist.
Why would you say this Fundy? I am not getting your point here, please explain?

Old 01-18-2010, 01:51 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,007,462 times
Quote:

Well Fundy started the thread and disappeared for 20 pages.

Yes the topic diverted here and there because in the strata of theology that has been built up to explain things like this, there are so many things wrong with it, some might see the need to address individual points WITHIN the scope of the topic here and there.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Why do you need him then?
(1 John 4:19) We love, because He first loved us.

He has made Himself irresistable to us. There is no power that can separate us from His love.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Why would you say this Fundy? I am not getting your point here, please explain?
Insane says that Christians are Christians because we are afraid of the afterlife and that we need a god to fall back on to make us feel better and cope with life.

I was merely explaining to him that this couldn't be further from the truth, that it's a simplistic albeit inaccurate reason for our being. That our carnal side hates God, that we are at enmity with God, that no unbeliever can understand the war between our flesh and spirit and if left up to our carnal nature, we would kill Jesus over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.