Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 09:43 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,768,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
with all due respect there is a time and a place to talk about sex revrandy.. I believe there are forums for that subject. I am not interested in your sexual positions or anything that you do with your wife. You did say wife right?

Well I hope so because like you said this is a Christian forum.
Based on the prefix, I would assume that revrandy is not a Catholic priest and therefore is allowed to fornicate.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:48 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
Based on the prefix, I would assume that revrandy is not a Catholic priest and therefore is allowed to fornicate.
That wasn't what I was referring to and I am not to judge regarding the name, I was just asking that is all?

Old 01-17-2010, 09:54 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,768,409 times
Quote:
That wasn't what I was referring to and I am not to judge regarding the name, I was just asking that is all?
Yes, you were. You inferred that revrandy having sex with someone who is not his wife is unchristian.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Let me see if I understand what you are saying... God's love isn't forced upon us, but if we don't love him, then God punishes us by smashing tectonic plates into one another. Is that right?
Nope god doesn't punish us at all, we punish ourselves by our own foolishness. If you told your child to not touch the stove because the stove was hot and his/her hand would burn and he/she did it anyway...who was in the wrong?

Let me me use another example because I am sensing a stupid remark will follow the stove example.

If you teach your children to not take drugs because drugs can have bad consequences and they don't take drugs through their entire childhood and then they leave home, go to college and become a heroine addict, ruining their life and everyone else's life, end up in jail and eventually end up dead, whose fault is it, the parent or child?

Old 01-17-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Yes, you were. You inferred that revrandy having sex with someone who is not his wife is unchristian.
I wasn't judging the revrandy name but I was wondering about the So because he became defensive with a scripture that I posted earlier..

I am just asking S1...please do not judge my heart..you do not know me and certainly do not know the intent of my heart.

Thankyou

Old 01-17-2010, 09:59 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,148 times
Quote:
That is my take as well. Oh well, too bad - exactly who I have sex with is my business.

Raelyn28 can you answer any question with out regurgitating scripture? The whole concept of proof texting I find very tiring and one that does nothing to add to a conversation, except prove that you can cut and paste from a Bible.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
And if it was someone other than his wife it would be a sin... the bible tells me so.. You are on a Christian forum remember?? Or did you forget?

Old 01-17-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Sorry I read judgement in your posts.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
And if it was someone other than his wife it would be a sin... the bible tells me so.. You are on a Christian forum remember?? Or did you forget?
Don't forget to tell that to the over 50% of the evangelical Christian's in the good old U.S.A. who get divorced.

Second wife - death to you sinner
Not married but still have sex - death to you sinner
Homosexuality - burn in hell sinner

But wait, no judgement at all. LOL

Old 01-17-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
That is my take as well. Oh well, too bad - exactly who I have sex with is my business.

Raelyn28 can you answer any question with out regurgitating scripture? The whole concept of proof texting I find very tiring and one that does nothing to add to a conversation, except prove that you can cut and paste from a Bible.
Oh but the Word of god is my Sword and I cannot do battle without my Trusty weapon. I go nowhere without it...sorry.

And I am sure you are very tired because you will never win when it comes to the Word of God... It never returns void or empty. Quit fighting it if you are tired.

2 Corinthians 10:4
4For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.