Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:42 PM

696 posts, read 915,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Yea it is ironic. It is easy to see who is called when they believe in fairy tales fit for weak people.
So if they are fairy tales why are you here? Isnt there a fairy tale forum? Or are you one of those enlightened men who call other men falllible?

May The Lord God Jesus Christ find you in Truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 12:47 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
So if they are fairy tales why are you here? Isnt there a fairy tale forum? Or are you one of those enlightened men who call other men falllible?

May The Lord God Jesus Christ find you in Truth.
He already has, and is leading me more and more into it daily, thank you.

Why I am here, is for the lost, both in and out of this,,,religion.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:07 PM

Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:54 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,423 times
Quote:
Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
LOL
Regardless, let us quit the myths and fairytales fit to keep children in line. We are much bigger than this, and our God and Father is in complete control. Thank you.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:59 PM

33,251 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
When one is not called it is easy to read scripture and cast it in a different light. Do not feel you have to contend with this. The Lord God Jesus Christ will do it for you. Only post the truth and then move on this is all that need be done.

Of course when one discounts it as man and not Satan here and gives verses and then I thank him for it, because I wholly considered using his verses and explain why, it's then discounted as myth. Another fallible man pointing out the fallibility in scripture. Ironic to say the least.
I've had people who when I brought up Ezekiel 28, they just refuse to see that both the King of Tyre and Satan are being addressed here. He is the power behind the throne of Tyre, as well as the power behind the throne of Babylon in Isa.14.

Satan's first fall, his moral fall, which is spoken of in Eze. 28:15 ''You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created, Until unrighteousness was found in you.'', is paralleled and detailed in Isa. 14:12-14. The five 'I will's' of Satan.

Isa 14:12-14 'How you have fallen from heaven, O Star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations!
'But you said in your heart,
I will ascend into Heaven;
I wll raise my throne above the stars of God.
And I will sit on the mount of assembly in the recesses of the north.
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.''

It was pride and arrogance that caused Satan's moral fall.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
LOL
Regardless, let us quit the myths and fairytales fit to keep children in line. We are much bigger than this, and our God and Father is in complete control. Thank you.

I have a post tomorrow I encourage you to read Im to tired tonight, but dont worry it will be full of myths and fairy tales.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I've had people who when I brought up Ezekiel 28, they just refuse to see that both the King of Tyre and Satan are being addressed here. He is the power behind the throne of Tyre, as well as the power behind the throne of Babylon in Isa.14.

Satan's first fall, his moral fall, which is spoken of in Eze. 28:15 ''You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created, Until unrighteousness was found in you.'', is paralleled and detailed in Isa. 14:12-14. The five 'I will's' of Satan.

Isa 14:12-14 'How you have fallen from heaven, O Star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations!
'But you said in your heart,
I will ascend into Heaven;
I wll raise my throne above the stars of God.
And I will sit on the mount of assembly in the recesses of the north.
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.''

It was pride and arrogance that caused Satan's moral fall.
Thanks Mike555 I actually have a new post in the works, but Im tired and my class work must be done. It will be a confession for all to see.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:35 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,150,470 times
Quote:
Thanks Mike555 I actually have a new post in the works, but Im tired and my class work must be done. It will be a confession for all to see.
To Mike and Aschultz, As I am your witness, you two truly have your armor on this evening. Sleep well my dear brothers in the Lord. My prayers are with you and may God give you strength in your sleep. Peace....

1 Timothy 6:12

12 Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:08 AM

723 posts, read 1,046,492 times
Quote:
I have a post tomorrow I encourage you to read Im to tired tonight, but dont worry it will be full of myths and fairy tales.
LOL Couldn't help but chuckle. BTW Aschultz, Awsome thread!!!
Seems pretty clear to me. And as Mike said; it reads the same as Isaiah 14:12-14. Also, if you continue to read the following two verses in Isaiah chapter 14, it also speaks of satan being man.

15. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the MAN that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

I think it could be possible that God is referring to the antichrist. Which is satan in the flesh.

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 01-21-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
LOL Couldn't help but chuckle. BTW Aschultz, Awsome thread!!!
Seems pretty clear to me. And as Mike said; it reads the same as Isaiah 14:12-14. Also, if you continue to read the following two verses in Isaiah chapter 14, it also speaks of satan being man.

15. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the MAN that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

I think it could be possible that God is referring to the antichrist. Which is satan in the flesh.

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
The problem is people don't see the implications of a God who can speak of past, present, and future simultaneously. They do not understand Transcendence or Immanence and then the antinomy of it. Oppps wait Im giving to much away.

Thank you for the comment. I have some evangelist work to study up on today, but I have that post coming. I just have to balance the schedule a bit. Thanks for the comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity