Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:37 PM

696 posts, read 916,912 times

Advertisements

Did you know God is holy and none can be in His sight who carries iniquity in themselves? This is the main purpose behind the law being passed on to Moses for all man to know. The Old Testament itself establishes a Holy God who is sovereign over all. Do not be so quick Christians to discount his law, for in doing so with claims of enlightenment or that they were fallible, you are guilty of two sins. First you proclaim God's law to be false and second you become not a doer, but a judge of the law. As James rightly spoke in James 4

11 Donot speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law, but a judge.

I say to you the writers of the Old Testament are your brothers. They heard the very Word of God and brought it to you in all its glory. Do not discount them as false to your own shame.

It is of one brother I wish to speak of first in this message. His name is Ezekiel. You would be wise Christian brothers and sisters to read his word. Many of his prophecies came true, but there are some that remain. Ezekiel has prophecies that point to Revelation. Study his word in the wisdom of Christ. Yet in this verse of Ezekiel, I want to point out a prophecy which concerns the King of Tyre, but immediately compares him to a anointed cherub. Who is this anointed cherub and what is the comparison. What is his fate and will he be reconciled to God? Let us go to Ezekiel 28

12 "Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, "Thus says the Lord God: "You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.

13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering: the sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created.

14 "you were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.

15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you.

16 "By the abundance of your trading you became filled with violence within, and you sinned; therefore I cast you as a profane thing out of the mountain of God; and I destroyed you, O covering cherub, from the midst of the fiery stones.

17 "Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor; I cast you to the ground, I laid you before kings, that they might gaze at you.

18 "You defiled your sanctuaries by the multitude of your iniquities, by the iniquity of your trading; therefore I brought fire from your midst; it devoured you, and I turned you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all who saw you.

19 All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you; you have become a horror, and shall be no more forever." ' "

This is the Word of God, Who compares man who exhaults himself to Satan the anointed cherub who has been cast down in the sight of man. Destroyed in fire, literally a horror among the peoples.

How can one say the Devil shall repent? Read his last judgement upon this fallen cherub and see he shall be no more forever. Let us see his fate as is foretold in Revelation 20.

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

3 And he cast him into the bottomless pit, and **** him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Some contend this is a time of torment for those who havent accepted Christ. Some feel the devil is among those unsaved people, but I tell you this is a false teaching. A abomination of speech before the very eyes of God. Do you know the purpose of this thousand years? It is to remove the excuse that man have used to escape judgement. No more can they blame Satan for his deception. As Eve pointed to the serpent in the garden of eden so man continues to point. There will be no more temptors among men and even in the presence of The Lord God Jesus Christ men will sin and rebel. Look how quickly the devil is released and goes among the peoples to raise an army.

7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison

8 And will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, God and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.

9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

10 The devil who deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Am I to assume from this the devil repents? Am I to assume he is reconciled? Or do you claim the fallibility of Bible verse again? But let us go to the last sentence of this chapter.

15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

How can anyone discount judgement? The Lord God is a Holy God who is longsuffering that no one to destruction, but He will not accept an abomination in his sight. You claim Paul or Peter calls for all men to be reconciled during the one thousand years? You would claim the devil, the fallen, and the sinners as your friends. Or you who would not claim Christ is God, did you not know He saw Satan fall as He witness to men in Luke 10

18 And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

19 "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Jesus saw the devil fall. And he calls him his enemy. I say to you now if you count Satan and the fallen as those you would pray for or see Salvation in, then Christ is your enemy. Do not be so quick to discount this. He himself claims an enemy and you would see them reconciled by the words of Paul, the very man who spoke with Christ?

And you who would claim Christ is man. I say to you now, has any man seen the devil fall as lightning? Do not claim that which the world claims. Give thought to your claims they are of His enemy. Are you His enemy?

Beware the subtile and deceptive ways of your enemy Christians. Do not led men astray, for false teachings shall be more guilty then the sins of Sodom. Do not exhault man, it is of the father of lies. Do not claim enlightenment or new revelation. When John penned the book of Revelation himself it was the of the Alpha and Omega. It is the First and it is the Last. Turn back from your idols and cleanse yourself in his blood unbelievers. While the rain falls there is still time. While the sun rises there is still hope, but it is shorter and even now shorter as you read. Inquire of Christ, and repent to Him, and He will show you Truth.

May The Lord God Jesus Christ find you in Truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 05:59 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,159,682 times
And you think Ezekiel 28 is talking about a fallen angel Satan? Is Satan a man? Verse 2 and verse 9

Why was Tyre judged? What was it they desired that made God so angry as to desolate the entire country? Ask those questions, and then chapter 28 makes sense.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,581,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
And you think Ezekiel 28 is talking about a fallen angel Satan? Is Satan a man? Verse 2 and verse 9

Why was Tyre judged? What was it they desired that made God so angry as to desolate the entire country? Ask those questions, and then chapter 28 makes sense.
Some of the language best fit Satan but most likely both texts point to a human king being used by satan but satan is clearly the power behind the king.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-19-2010 at 08:15 AM..

Old 01-19-2010, 08:28 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,581,225 times
I agree Aschultz73. The part of this type of thinking that baffles me are demons and Satan repenting. There is no indication anywhere in scripture where demons are able to repent let alone willing. They use that verse of reconciliation in Colossians and then run with it. It is a stretch at the very least

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-19-2010 at 09:06 AM..

Old 01-19-2010, 08:59 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,382,387 times
Christians don't discount the old laws. Those who live by the law will be judged by the law, and those who live by grace will be judged by grace, according to Paul.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:31 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,669,276 times
I wholeheartedly agree with you Aschultz...spiritual pride is what the king possessed...and he was possessed by the devil himself...thinking it was to his own credit that he had obtained such wealth and riches. The judgement against King Tyre was the end result, and an exact example, of what was also Lucifer's demise because of his spiritual pride...both of them with hearts lifted up...admiring their own corrupted wisdom and beauty...thinking they were equal to the Divine...King Tyre, just as Lucifer were enemies of God...and all who live their life in iniquity will be considered enemies of God...He is a Holy God...and He abhors sin.

...all spiritual pride is of the devil. Those who indulge therein must expect to perish.

I pray to God blind eyes will be opened before it is too late.

God Bless you,

Verna.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 01-19-2010 at 10:18 AM..

Old 01-19-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

This verse is not simply to one man or even just a present affair. It is a comparison by God witnessed to Ezekiel of two persons, both the king of Tyre to Satan. Also an example of God's infinity. It speaks of past, present, and future all in one chapter.

Your very scripture quotes speak to this take notice of them, "I am a god....."

I am not going to quote them as you can readily read them. What other person uttered these statements and did it first? Satan. Consider this. It is a warning of one who came before him who commited the same act of claiming to be God that Satan did. Thank you for adding verse 2 and 9 I considered doing it, but did not want to make the post longer than it needed to be. You have affirmed my post.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
This verse is not simply to one man or even just a present affair. It is a comparison by God witnessed to Ezekiel of two persons, both the king of Tyre to Satan. Also an example of God's infinity. It speaks of past, present, and future all in one chapter.

Your very scripture quotes speak to this take notice of them, "I am a god....."

I am not going to quote them as you can readily read them. What other person uttered these statements and did it first? Satan. Consider this. It is a warning of one who came before him who commited the same act of claiming to be God that Satan did. Thank you for adding verse 2 and 9 I considered doing it, but did not want to make the post longer than it needed to be. You have affirmed my post.
Well, you would have to believe the myth behind Satan to believe this king WAS Satan. I personally do not subscribe to this line of thinking. He may have had a possession of Satan, but he was still human. It takes away from God's power, by giving it to another. Be it beast, creature, or even man.

Free will is not something angels are capable of. They do the will of their creator, our Father. Ever read Job? God does not do the tempting, for that is the devil's job. Satan IS in the darkness that God does not abide in. This is the spiritual warfare Paul talks about. But to attribute a being who thought he could take over God's domain,,,well,,,is just fantasy.

Satan has a purpose, as we all have a purpose. But thinking he can win some eternal battle with our Father? Well, believe what you want. I refuse to believe that even in our fallen dark worldly state, God is not in absolute control. He is in control of everything, always.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I agree Aschultz73. The part of this type of thinking that baffles me are demons and Satan repenting. There is no indication anywhere in scripture where demons are able to repent let alone willing. They use that verse of reconciliation in Colossians and then run with it. It is a stretch at the very least
When one is not called it is easy to read scripture and cast it in a different light. Do not feel you have to contend with this. The Lord God Jesus Christ will do it for you. Only post the truth and then move on this is all that need be done.

Of course when one discounts it as man and not Satan here and gives verses and then I thank him for it, because I wholly considered using his verses and explain why, it's then discounted as myth. Another fallible man pointing out the fallibility in scripture. Ironic to say the least.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
When one is not called it is easy to read scripture and cast it in a different light. Do not feel you have to contend with this. The Lord God Jesus Christ will do it for you. Only post the truth and then move on this is all that need be done.

Of course when one discounts it as man and not Satan here and gives verses and then I thank him for it, because I wholly considered using his verses and explain why, it's then discounted as myth. Another fallible man pointing out the fallibility in scripture. Ironic to say the least.
Yea it is ironic. It is easy to see who is called when they believe in fairy tales fit for weak people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity