Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 10:48 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You are still boasting in your own repentence .If God can cause YOU to repent he can cause anyone to repent , true or false ?
I am not boasting I see you are not answeriny my question. I said provide the post where I said anything about me repenting?

Quote:
It's so laugable how you think truth is a belief in a correct teaching . Truth is the reality of the sayings of Jesus in our lives .
What is laugable is you are putting out these comments and not looking at what the scripture is saying. You said look at Romans, well what does it say.

Romans 2:4-11

Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds:[a] 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.

This scripture that you posted does not say that all will repent, or that God causes you to repent.

I will ask you again do you think that everyone repents before they die, or do you think that God makes someone repent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 10:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I am not boasting I see you are not answeriny my question. I said provide the post where I said anything about me repenting?

What is laugable is you are putting out these comments and not looking at what the scripture is saying. You said look at Romans, well what does it say.

Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds:[a] 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.

This scripture that you posted does not say that all will repent, or that God causes you to repent.

I will ask you again do you think that everyone repents before they die, or do you think that God makes someone repent?
Post 222 you actually responded with bolded letters and this is the sole reason i am coming back at you regarding repentence because you have forgotten where the Lord met you and what He delivered you from, which involved Him causing you to repent .

If you cannot accept that He caused you to repent there is no point in carrying on with you , because clearly you are coming from a self righteous stance.

Romans 2 verse 4 clearly states that God causes us to repent .

YES I DO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS HOPE BEYOND THE GRAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:59 PM

696 posts, read 915,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are so full of yourself that you mock a typing error

You have asked this question before and it has been answered sufficiently by many on this forum.

Now answer thie question , who caused you to repent God or yourself ?

What is laughable is that you still insist in believing you some how you found repentence within yourself , when Romans 2 verse 4 and Ephesians 2 verses 8,9, and clearly state it is of God

You said
In Romans it would be better to read the whole chapter than a simple verse. Romans speaks of unbelief and consequence in the beginning. While your verse could work if it is taken alone taken in the broader context of the whole book it states God revealed himself they choose to go another way

22 Professing to be wise, they became fools

23 and exchanged the glory of an incorruptible God for an imaage in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

This of course is, but a small example, but by making idols of their own free will God then after their sin gave them over. God's giving over was a direct result of man choosing idols over God.

And with Ephesians it is not saying anything about God forcing anyone to come to Christ. He calls and people answer or they dont. All verse 8 and 9 affirm is no one is saved by works. It does not mean that a person is "armtwisted" or "led" to anything. I can tell you wholeheartedly I did not feel led to Christ. He called me numerous times looking back. Many times I decided not to listen, but the last time I did and thus I am here.

Also of note here scripture quote of Matthew is legitimate. If there is a sin not forgiven in this age or the next then reconcile this with the thought all we be forgiven. The closest I have seen is someone mention a third age, and if so were does scripture speak of this age?

Old 01-24-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
You are so full of yourself that you mock a typing error

You have asked this question before and it has been answered sufficiently by many on this forum.

What is laughable is that you still insist in believing you some how you found repentence within yourself , when Romans 2 verse 4 and Ephesians 2 verses 8,9, and clearly state it is of God

You problem miss shawn is you argue eveything based on UR and ET . Now suppose that there is no forgiveness for those who blaspheme the holy spirit, does that change the fact of Romans 2 verse 4 if you want to be so black/white about it ?.

You also love quoting "depart from for i never knew you" , do you think that could possibly apply to christians who are well versed in head knowledge with scripture and organized christianity doctrine ? . I would say a resounding yes to this because if the reality of Jesus's sayings are not evident in our lives it does not matter how much of the bible you can quote and how much you base your salvation on your head knowledge of scripture and organized christian doctrine , you will still hear the words "depart from me for i never knew you"
In otherwords youi based your salvation on head knowledge rather than knowing me (intimately)
Ephesians 2:8-10

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

It is a gift from God, through faith, that is how we receive God's gift. This is what the scripture says. That not of ourselves is the gift of God, not works, we can't work or please God to get it, we receive it through faith.

There is no where in scripture that says that God made or makes us repent

Once again look at Romans

Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds:[a] 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God

Where in this scripture is it saying that God is making everyone repent. This scripture is saying lead you into repentance, but you notice those in accordance with hardness of heart are treasuring up for themselves the dayof wrath and revelation of the righteous judgement of God. Then you have the other half speaking of whose who does evil.

Quote:
If I repent as of now, God is not making me repent. Scripture does not support that as you are trying to claim in romans.

When you lead someone are you making them do something, no, you are leading them?

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 01-25-2010 at 12:06 AM..

Old 01-24-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
In Romans it would be better to read the whole chapter than a simple verse. Romans speaks of unbelief and consequence in the beginning. While your verse could work if it is taken alone taken in the broader context of the whole book it states God revealed himself they choose to go another way

22 Professing to be wise, they became fools

23 and exchanged the glory of an incorruptible God for an imaage in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

This of course is, but a small example, but by making idols of their own free will God then after their sin gave them over. God's giving over was a direct result of man choosing idols over God.

And with Ephesians it is not saying anything about God forcing anyone to come to Christ. He calls and people answer or they dont. All verse 8 and 9 affirm is no one is saved by works. It does not mean that a person is "armtwisted" or "led" to anything. I can tell you wholeheartedly I did not feel led to Christ. He called me numerous times looking back. Many times I decided not to listen, but the last time I did and thus I am here.

Also of note here scripture quote of Matthew is legitimate. If there is a sin not forgiven in this age or the next then reconcile this with the thought all we be forgiven. The closest I have seen is someone mention a third age, and if so were does scripture speak of this age?
Yep, for reason pcamps doesn't read the entire scripture and try to make a point.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Post 222 you actually responded with bolded letters and this is the sole reason i am coming back at you regarding repentence because you have forgotten where the Lord met you and what He delivered you from, which involved Him causing you to repent .

If you cannot accept that He caused you to repent there is no point in carrying on with you , because clearly you are coming from a self righteous stance.

Romans 2 verse 4 clearly states that God causes us to repent .

NO, I didnt forget where the Lord met me, I said provide the post where I said anything about me repenting before verse 244.

Quote:
The reason you don't want to continue is because you can't twist what the scripture is saying with me.

I am not claiming a self righteous stance, I am reading scripture.

Quote:

Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:[a] 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God
It seems that you are having a hard time with this scripture. Where in this scripture is it saying that those treasuring up wrath is repenting? Where is it saying that every soul that does evil in verse 9 is repenting?

Quote:
That is not what I asked you. I asked you do you think that everyone has a change to repent before they die or if everyone repents before death?

Quote:
You also love quoting "depart from for i never knew you" , do you think that could possibly apply to christians who are well versed in head knowledge with scripture and organized christianity doctrine ? . I would say a resounding yes to this because if the reality of Jesus's sayings are not evident in our lives it does not matter how much of the bible you can quote and how much you base your salvation on your head knowledge of scripture and organized christian doctrine , you will still hear the words "depart from me for i never knew you"
In otherwords youi based your salvation on head knowledge rather than knowing me (intimately)
The funny thing I provide scripture to show what I believe but you are falling short. I study and research and know and show what I believe, but you who scripture and say one thing, while the scripture is saying another. LOL, it is not about quoting the bible, it is about knowing and understanding what is being taught. I base my salvation on what Jesus taught in His Gospel.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 01-24-2010 at 11:19 PM..

Old 01-24-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
NO, I didnt forget where the Lord met me, I said provide the post where I said anything about me repenting.

The reason you don't want to continue is because you can't twist what the scripture is saying with me.

I am not claiming a self righteous stance, I am reading scripture.

It seems that you are having a hard time with this scripture. Where in this scripture is it saying that those treasuring up wrath is repenting? Where is it saying that every soul that does evil in verse 9 is repenting?
I SAID POST 222 . HAVE YOU GONE BACK AND CHECKED IT OUT YET
You said
"You can't twist what the the scripture is saying with me" lmao , who do you think you are to make such a statement and yet here you are denyiong that the scripture teaches that God causes us to repent roflmao

You said
"It seems that you are having a hard time with this scripture. Where in this scripture is it saying that those treasuring up wrath is repenting? Where is it saying that every soul that does evil in verse 9 is repenting?".

Please show me where i have said otherwise

Old 01-24-2010, 11:20 PM

696 posts, read 915,211 times
Quote:
Yep, for reason pcamps doesn't read the entire scripture and try to make a point.
No worries I find it to be a common problem on these boards. I hate single scripture quotes and tend to not use them. Scripture is to important to be reduced to one line as being potent.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:22 PM

Miss Shawn you said in post 233
"The only joke is you writing a sentence, be i be angry, lol, not that's funny"

NO WONDER THE WORLD HATES CHRISTIANITY WHEN EVEN A TYPING ERROR CAN BE MOCKED BY A CHRISTIAN
WHAT IS EVEN FUNNIER IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS THOU THAT JUDGES DOETH THE SAME THING , NOW READ THE LAST 3 WORDS OF YOUR MOCKERY OF MY TYPING ERROR .

Old 01-24-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Romans 2 verse 4 says it's the goodness and kindness of God that causes/leads us to repentance .
Everyone does not repent as you see in the rest of the scripture.

I am showing you that there are those who do not repent as it is shown in scripture. God's goodness does cause some to repent, but not all repent, of course the second part of romans says this.

The scripture that I quoted is 222 is simple.

Acts 3:19-21

Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, 20 and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before,[a] 21 whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.

They must repent and convert for their sins to be blotted out.

I am still waiting for you to answer my question. Do you think that everyone has a chance or will repent before they die?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity