Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 08:44 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
I am not saying that there will be suffering in heaven, quite the contrary.. therre is no sin what-so-ever in heaven. But there is another place where other non-believers go... Not everyone goes to heaven... that is totally unbiblical.
You are absolutely correct Raeyln, the Bible clearly teaches us that not everyone will be in Heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 08:46 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
What if God calls many people to Him and some reject him, some don't. Then how do you explain your theology or belief?
Don't all the redeemed of the Lord first reject Him? Take a look at Psalm 107.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:46 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I have read it , it says the same thing you are saying, which i reject , because any kind of salvation where man can credit himself with being part of, you can keep it , i wouldn't touch it with a barge pole , salvation is of God period lest any man boast . I never asked you to repeat what he has already said , so don't get your knickers in a twist . lol
Man gets no credit for faith in Christ. There is no merit in faith. The merit is in the object of your faith. The object of faith in salvation is Jesus Christ. That is why salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.

That is why Ephesians 2:8,9 says ''For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9) not as a result of works, that no one should boast. (Man gets no credit)

That is why Titus 3:5 says ''He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit. (Man gets no credit)

That is why Romans 5:1 says ''Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.'' (Man gets no credit. This is scripture--the Word of God stating that salvation is through faith.)

And that is why Romans 4:2 says ''For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about; but not before God. 3) For what does the Scripture say? ''And Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness. 4) Now to the one who works, his wage is ot reckoned as a favor, but as what is due. 5) But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness.

That is why Romans 11:6 says ''But if it is by grace, then it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

Since the Scriptures declare that a man is justified by faith alone in Christ alone, and that man gets no credit by his faith, then the question you must ask yourself is why don't you believe what the Bible says?

If your reject God's offer of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, then you are not saved.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:49 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

If your reject God's offer of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, then you are not saved.
I hope people realize this before it's too late! There are no second opportunities after death.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Since the Scriptures declare that a man is justified by faith alone....

Faith...being alone, is dead.
  • James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
He that doeth the Father's will enters the kingdom of heaven
  • Mathew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Whoever does not do what Christ says... his house built on the sand, not on the Rock.
  • Matthew 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand.
Salvation is by grace... because faith is a gift and we are His workmanship created unto good works.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I hope people realize this before it's too late! There are no second opportunities after death.
So God's mercy ends at death?

Old 01-22-2010, 10:05 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
So God's mercy ends at death?
Yes.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:37 PM

696 posts, read 915,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I agree that we did not care about God but in coming to him on our own choosing this i totally disagree with .

How do you first get around the fact that Jesus said No Man Can Come to Me, Except the Father Which Hath Sent Me Draw Him.
How do you get around the scriptures that say

That God works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure

He will complete that which He started in us.

He is the Author and Finisher of our faith.

I wasn't questioning how much faith you had but the faith you have in God being able to conform His children to his image through what he stated above.

If you want to take credit for you coming to faith that is fine by me.
How have a post coming that asks you how you get around it so lets save this question for then. I have a test to take tonight, but the post is coming.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
That's a whole other debate...

Perhaps you are missing the point. Do you think they are better off than you? Would you rather be in their shoes? There are always consequences. Even if they don't get cancer. There is always something. God is not mocked.
Interesting a whole different debate. You clearly stated you found it difficult to work, but there it clearly did.

As I understand consequences better than anyone I can truly tell you that in my life up until Christ consequence was not a big deal. To care about the consequence of your actions is not something many do. In fact consequence is more denied and not accepted in society than worried about. Interesting idea of worldly consequence when Christians look more to eternal consequence. What matters worldly in matters eternal?

Old 01-22-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Not at all a comparison, Raelyn - God is holy, and His intention is that we are to be as well.

Now sir that is an interesting comment. So are we to be holy by choice or by being purged into submission? I believe now you are getting to the core of why people wont be saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity