Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 03:32 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That is New Age Philosophy...
In light of the scriptures (and the customs and time in which they were written), how would you ratify these points?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 03:33 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I was once a christian , i am ashamed of what i used to be and still kicking myself for believing the contradicting gospel of orthodox fundamental christianity(even though God meant it for good)and for what it turned me into. I understand why my family, friends and the world thought i was a nut job.

Thank God that he called me out of that system and into his glorious light
The closer you get to God the farther away from the world you will be...And the more of a nut job the world will see you as...Even Christ said the world will hate you because of Me...So, you are saying the world loves you now And you don't have the negative feedback that you used to?...Hmmm...interesting...

Old 01-22-2010, 03:34 PM

823 posts, read 1,400,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Well the translations of most English bibles certainly leaves something to be desired. But the scriptures were not originally written in English. They were originally written in Hebrew and in Greek. Since the third century, the bible has been translated from Latin and then into Old English, etc ...

The Native Greek speaking Christians of the east believed the new testament scriptures, which were written in Koine Greek, taught Universal Reconciliation. The 7 churches to whom the letter of revelations was written were all in the east in Asia minor.

The Christians of the east in those times spoke Greek, while those in the west spoke Latin. So the fact that the earliest Christians who spoke Koine Greek as their native language believed it(universal reconciliation) was scriptural including some of the greatest opponents of the doctrine of universal reconciliation, the Emperor Justinian, who tried to force the leaders of the Church to change certain words in the new testament in order to make certain the doctrine of eternal torment. The reason being of course that he didn't see the doctrine of ET to be truly established in the original letters of the new testament. Because the leaders of the church refused to change the original language of the new testament, Jusitnian had Jerome translate the new testament into Latin, and his translation introduced the ideas of eternal and everlasting into the bible through the words he chose to use in order to translate the words aion, aionios, and aionion.

Almost all of the supporters of the doctrine of ET in the earliest years of the church had close ties to the leaders of the Roman empire or had pagan histories. Augustine was Manichean before he converted to Christianity. Eusebius was an admirer of emperor Constantine ... Jerome the supporter of Emperor Justinian ...
I am so glad that I have most recently joined CD....I find all of the history of the bible and what I am hearing absolutely astonishing and now when I know what I believe everything is falling into place. Thank you for this knowledge.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:36 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
And on that note I must add that I have been dealing with a brother who is currently in prison. He basically believes the same thing that the universalists/unitarians believe on this forum. The fruit of his life is proof that his belief system is in error.
I have known christians from every denomination, including house churches who have forsaken the Lord and gone back into the world , does this mean christianity is in error , it would be very shallow of me to say so.
If it wasn't for the grace of God i would be there to .
One thing i have the utmost confidence in is God seeking all the sheep that have gone astray, wherever they maybe be it in prison or imprisoned in their own minds .

Old 01-22-2010, 03:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
The closer you get to God the farther away from the world you will be...And the more of a nut job the world will see you as...Even Christ said the world will hate you because of Me...So, you are saying the world loves you now And you don't have the negative feedback that you used to?...Hmmm...interesting...

"When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him" Proverbs 16:7
Read towards the end of book of Acts and see how Paul was favored before people , this was after the beatings he received mainly, which were mainly from the jews (i wonder why)

Old 01-22-2010, 04:52 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,389 times
Quote:
That is New Age Philosophy...
Yes, that was my point. It's propagating falsehood (i.e. lying if done knowingly) to lump us in with Unitarian Universalists.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:14 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I don't mean to be harsh here Raelyn, but is that what you do? Do you just try to forget about the burning hell for unbelievers? Will you be able to forget for eternity all those you used to love that are now burning forever? That is madness.
Well for your information and with all due respect legoman there are those that I currently love who are suffering and suffering greatly. I have a sister who is my best friend dying from terminal cancer and suffering. I have a brother who is in prison with Hepatitus and cancer as well.. Many of my friends are suffering with illnesses and various situations as well.

So my question to you is? If God allows us to suffer on earth the earth is sinful thus we suffer as a result from sin, (Christians and non-Christians) why would you think that there would be zero suffering when we leave this world to dwell in the Spiritual realm?

In other words God is a God of grace and a God that also judges. He is
balanced. A judge doesn't put a criminal in prison..no, the criminal puts himself in there. It is the judges' job to enforce order and to protect innocent people from harm. The judge doesn't necessarily desire or even want a criminal in prison but it has to be this way.. Some will chose to pollute, destroy or ruin life for others. And this same principle applies to Heaven or eternity as well.

Yes there is a place called hell, eternal torment and those that go there choose that place... God doesn't like it but it has to be... God is God...let Him be God.

He who has ears to hear let him hear what the Spirit of the Lord has to say.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Yes, that was my point. It's propagating falsehood (i.e. lying if done knowingly) to lump us in with Unitarian Universalists.
I agree and we need to stand firm with the Belt of Truth strapped to our waste. Put on the full armor of God so that you can withstand the attacks from the enemy.

GodBless...

Old 01-22-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I have known christians from every denomination, including house churches who have forsaken the Lord and gone back into the world , does this mean christianity is in error , it would be very shallow of me to say so.
If it wasn't for the grace of God i would be there to .
One thing i have the utmost confidence in is God seeking all the sheep that have gone astray, wherever they maybe be it in prison or imprisoned in their own minds .
Yes, He is certainly a pursuer of men but not every man chooses to follow..

Old 01-22-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Not at all a comparison, Raelyn - God is holy, and His intention is that we are to be as well.
Well on this day little elmer my brother is not holy by any means because he has rejected and forsaken the only way to the Father. I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no one goes to the Father except through me. That way is Jesus. NO ONE... You die without Jesus you live eternally without Jesus and the consequence is eternal separation and all it's torment.. Not God's fault, ours!!! We have no excuse, when we don't listen we chose to follow the devil..

It is a comparison that is similar to Ashcultz's testimony because Ashcultz clearly stated humbly that he was once in error and right in line with my brothers current beliefs. One was set free from the lie, one is still in bondage...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity