Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:42 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
And what makes you think that I didn't go through Jesus? Just because I don't read the bible, doesn't mean I didn't go through Him.

To become born again, one needs to cleanse the soul of all sin and the inclination to sin.

So many people profess to be born again yet, they still hold negative attitudes and treat others in an unloving manner. To be born again means to be perfect. A born again christian cannot hold any negatives whatsoever.

When I responded, I was just giving a definition so that those who would answer could see that maybe they aren't as born again as they'd like to believe. Any person who is not perfect, as we know, all who are on this forum are not, is not a born again christian. (Of course, if they were, surely they'd have far better things to do than spend time here).

So, before anyone answers the question properly, they would have to know what the true definition is and not some interpretation of what they may think it is. I'm in no way implying I am absolutely right but if you think about it, you have to become perfect as our Father is perfect to be born again. How many people can truely say they are perfect?
Being born again is being perfect, being born again mean you have a new heart and mind but the same soul which you have to work on to cleanse yourself of bad habits of your old self. This is what is meant by fruit of the spirit. If you bear good works then you are doing good on you quest and if you bear bad fruit then possibly you are not born again or you are a work in progress. Many born again people backslide because all are a work in progress and some sins are difficult but not impossible to resist. You gradually become more like Christ the more obedient to Gods word you become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 11:45 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Being born again is being perfect, being born again mean you have a new heart and mind but the same soul which you have to work on to cleanse yourself of bad habits of your old self. This is what is meant by fruit of the spirit. If you bear good works then you are doing good on you quest and if you bear bad fruit then possibly you are not born again or you are a work in progress. Many born again people backslide because all are a work in progress and some sins are difficult but not impossible to resist. You gradually become more like Christ the more obedient to Gods word you become.
I agree somewhat. When we are on the path to becoming born again, we will backslide. Once we are born again, we cannot backslide because we are perfect as God is perfect. God cannot do anything negative. Once we are perfect, we, therefore, cannot do any negatives, hence, born again.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
I agree somewhat. When we are on the path to becoming born again, we will backslide. Once we are born again, we cannot backslide because we are perfect as God is perfect. God cannot do anything negative. Once we are perfect, we, therefore, cannot do any negatives, hence, born again.
You really need to read the Bible.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:54 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
I wonder if Mother Theresa felt this hated..

Old 01-22-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
You really need to read the Bible.
I have. Just because it's written in the bible, does not make it true. I understand your need for it however, I moved away from it when no ministers could answer my questions.

Not reading the bible does not make me a bad person nor does it mean I worship a devil or that I do harm. It just means I'm on another path.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I wonder if Mother Theresa felt this hated..
I'm sure she did. I've read comments of people that say she was not a saint because she didn't help anyone. She wasn't here to help or change the environment. She was here to show love and mercy as God would show love and mercy.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I have. Just because it's written in the bible, does not make it true. I understand your need for it however, I moved away from it when no ministers could answer my questions.

Not reading the bible does not make me a bad person nor does it mean I worship a devil or that I do harm. It just means I'm on another path.
I do not mean any disrespect but either your on the right path or the wrong path and by not beleaving the Bible is true would put you on the wrong path by your own admittion.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I do not mean any disrespect but either your on the right path or the wrong path and by not beleaving the Bible is true would put you on the wrong path by your own admittion.
It's not something I'm going to worry about though. I do good, I pray to our Father, I help others out of their own darkness and I believe what Jesus taught. I'll deal with the consequences when I get to that point. For now, I'll keep believing in our Father and His love for all mankind.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:06 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSentinel View Post
Well, I guess the difference here is that I didn't feel like I was being 'preached' to and being that I rarely find Bible passages are direct in what their true meaning is, I will avoid implicating anyone's understanding of what is written there to be of Satan.

I do know that Reverand does not come across to me as one without love for G-d.
Mormons love God, Muslims love God. JW's love God. If "loving God" is the criteria for salvation, then there is no need for Jesus and the cross.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:09 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times
Quote:
It's not something I'm going to worry about though. I do good, I pray to our Father, I help others out of their own darkness and I believe what Jesus taught. I'll deal with the consequences when I get to that point. For now, I'll keep believing in our Father and His love for all mankind.
Jesus said our good works are like "filthy rags" the literal translation is menstrual rags, in other words our sinful nature negates any 'good" that we may do. Good doesn't cut it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity