Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What percentage of the population will be "saved"
< 1% 8 12.50%
1-25% 10 15.63%
26-33% 2 3.13%
34-50% 2 3.13%
51-66% 1 1.56%
67-75% 0 0%
75-99% (always room for error lol) 7 10.94%
100% 34 53.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 10:06 PM

696 posts, read 916,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I did not claim enlightenment . i said i believed i was in the same spiritual darkness as the rest of fundamental christianity .

If you checked out the link,that is how i believed and how for the best part much of fundamental christianity believes , i am not afraid to call it for what it is , because God demands truth in the inward parts and
the truth sets you free. So it's not really enlightenment but being set free , my life is in his hands , i know that he is able to complete that which he has started in me and that includes taking a bilge pump (in my case the biggest one he has) to remove all that is of me so all that remains is his life.
You do claim enlightenment. You claim you came out of darkness. You clearly instruct others of your truth to bring them out of perceived darkness. These are the very definitions of enlightenment.

God does not demand truth in the inward parts. He presents salvation in the Lord God Jesus Christ. Your inward parts are subject to your own acceptance of what you want them to be. God is clearly not a respecter of persons for this very reason. Again as I have clearly stated He died for all, but all would not accept Him. His church states this as well.

Again spin it how you will, you did not come out of it, you never were in it to begin with. Thus your god is not my God as you so quaintly put it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 10:08 PM

370 posts, read 453,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I don't think any of them apply now. Remember, all was fulfilled. In the years between Christ's ascension and judgement on Israel, the OC was "passing" away, but it ended, so these festivals do not apply anymore.
The only festival that applies is the Feast of Tabernacles, and that is practiced in church liturgy, in worship of Christ. But to answer your question, in regards to Millenialism, the fall harvest was the larger harvest of souls during that period, which IMO, as a Full Preterist, this harvest occured during the transitional period between the ascension and judgement of Israel 30-70 AD The saints, those in Christ after His death and ascension, were indeed harvested, as we read in Rev 20:

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Three sets of souls.
The saints - Matt 27:53 CF
Souls beheaded for the witness
Souls that did not worship the beast

Remember Stephen saw Heaven open up:

But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.mThen they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, And they stoned Stephen, calling upon [God], and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

What is your point anyway? Because this is OFF TOPIC
That didn't explain anything... All I saw was a biased interpretation of prophecy and verses that had nothing to do with the original question.

Try reading revelation without the preterist glasses. Instead, everytime you come to a symbol, find a scripture that defines it. You'll come to a much different conclusion.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminghedge View Post
So let us dump our reasoning at the door. Since the Greeks used it it must not be right. Perhaps this is why you committed the either/or logical fallacy.
If the Bible commanded one to reason then perhaps you would have a point. Man does not reason with God, but God clearly reasons to man. I commited no logical fallacy. You impled logic where none is required. Christians are called to faith not logic. Show me where God says man's logic is paramount in his eyes, or did you miss the ones where God mocks mans wisdom.

The greeks believed, "It is meet that Hellenes should rule over the barbarians" by using logic and philosophy. Do you now accept slavery too? This was in Aristotle's concept of Greek Democracy. I wonder if the slaves agreed? Or is this not a logical fallacy.

As I said before in another post you are a smart person. But it is quite clear you do not understand the roots of what you speak.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
If the Bible commanded one to reason then perhaps you would have a point. Man does not reason with God, but God clearly reasons to man. I commited no logical fallacy. You impled logic where none is required. Christians are called to faith not logic. Show me where God says man's logic is paramount in his eyes, or did you miss the ones where God mocks mans wisdom.

The greeks believed, "It is meet that Hellenes should rule over the barbarians" by using logic and philosophy. Do you now accept slavery too? This was in Aristotle's concept of Greek Democracy. I wonder if the slaves agreed? Or is this not a logical fallacy.

As I said before in another post you are a smart person. But it is quite clear you do not understand the roots of what you speak.
Job seemed to think reasoning with God was OK
But I would speak to the Almighty,
And I desire to reason with God.

God seemed to think it was OK
“ Come now, and let us reason together,†Says the LORD

Paul did it all the time.
Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Therefore he reasoned in the synagogue with the Jews and with the Gentile worshipers, and in the marketplace daily with those who happened to be there.

And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks.

And he came to Ephesus, and left them there; but he himself entered the synagogue and reasoned with the Jews.

And he went into the synagogue and spoke boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading concerning the things of the kingdom of God.

But when some were hardened and did not believe, but spoke evil of the Way before the multitude, he departed from them and withdrew the disciples, reasoning daily in the school of Tyrannus.

Now as he reasoned about righteousness, self-control, and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and answered, “Go away for now; when I have a convenient time I will call for you.â€

But he said, “I am not mad, most noble Festus, but speak the words of truth and reason."

Peter says we must be able to give a reason for why we believe certain things.
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

Faith and logic are not contradictory. Faith is the evidence of things not seen, not the evidence of things not understood.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:43 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,442,203 times
Quote:
That didn't explain anything... All I saw was a biased interpretation of prophecy and verses that had nothing to do with the original question.

Try reading revelation without the preterist glasses. Instead, everytime you come to a symbol, find a scripture that defines it. You'll come to a much different conclusion.
Already did, when I was a dispy, and I couldn't get around the symbolic overtones of Apostate Israel. May be you should try it.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Job seemed to think reasoning with God was OK
But I would speak to the Almighty,
And I desire to reason with God.

God seemed to think it was OK
“ Come now, and let us reason together,†Says the LORD

Paul did it all the time.
Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Therefore he reasoned in the synagogue with the Jews and with the Gentile worshipers, and in the marketplace daily with those who happened to be there.

And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks.

And he came to Ephesus, and left them there; but he himself entered the synagogue and reasoned with the Jews.

And he went into the synagogue and spoke boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading concerning the things of the kingdom of God.

But when some were hardened and did not believe, but spoke evil of the Way before the multitude, he departed from them and withdrew the disciples, reasoning daily in the school of Tyrannus.

Now as he reasoned about righteousness, self-control, and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and answered, “Go away for now; when I have a convenient time I will call for you.â€

But he said, “I am not mad, most noble Festus, but speak the words of truth and reason."

Peter says we must be able to give a reason for why we believe certain things.
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

Faith and logic are not contradictory. Faith is the evidence of things not seen, not the evidence of things not understood.
LOL how nice you can highlight reason to justify your own view. It is quite clear you do not understand what I am saying.

You are correct faith is evidenced by things seen, but you are incorrect in thinking all things are understood. Faith is also a acceptance of things not understood is well.

Logic is quite contradictory to scripture and faith. God mocks the logic or wisdom of men. You can make bold letters all you want. Faith does not require logic, and faith without logic makes it no less faith.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Already did, when I was a dispy, and I couldn't get around the symbolic overtones of Apostate Israel. May be you should try it.
Dispies interpret scripture how they want as well. I'm actually neither.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
LOL how nice you can highlight reason to justify your own view. It is quite clear you do not understand what I am saying.

You are correct faith is evidenced by things seen, but you are incorrect in thinking all things are understood. Faith is also a acceptance of things not understood is well.

Logic is quite contradictory to scripture and faith. God mocks the logic or wisdom of men. You can make bold letters all you want. Faith does not require logic, and faith without logic makes it no less faith.
Where do you get that wisdom of men = logic. Logic was given by God, without it we couldn't understand anything.

Also you said:
Man does not reason with God

Yet Job desired to reason with God and God desires we reason with him.

And before you did commit a logical fallacy called either/or, apparently you don't even know what that is as it is indisputable that you committed it.

Also, if we cannot reason, then how are we to know if we are wrong or not? Your faith is blind.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Dispies interpret scripture how they want as well. I'm actually neither.
Unie's are classic at it, and like to add to it as well, plus removing the scripture from its context repetitively, distorting the fundamentals of the word of God. You should be careful who you associate yourself with.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Where do you get that wisdom of men = logic. Logic was given by God, without it we couldn't understand anything.

Also you said:
Man does not reason with God

Yet Job desired to reason with God and God desires we reason with him.
And what did God say to him in regards to Job's contention?
He basically told him to shut up and have just that....blind faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity