Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 01:19 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,547,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Then why are they both the temple?

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

Who is Him?

αὐτῷ-pronoun; dative singular masculine of <αὐτός> oneself, he -- to him

They are one in the same.
Lamb =1
Lord God Almighty=1

1 + 1 = 2....

What kind of mathematics did you learn in kindergarten?

They cannot be listed separately and be the same...

I have a banana and my friend has a banana....

The same banana or two banana's?

Either way they are both banana's so unless we both are holding the same physical banana.. there are two.

You cannot say that the listing of two different persona's.. God and the Lamb... is one. Why bother naming them differently if they are the same.

I wonder sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 01:22 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,569,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Lamb =1
Lord God Almighty=1
Lamb = Lord God Almighty = 1

Old 02-27-2010, 01:27 PM

370 posts, read 453,118 times
For the modalist:

And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me. It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true. I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.”

Old 02-27-2010, 01:35 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,515,816 times
Quote:
Lamb =1
Lord God Almighty=1

1 + 1 = 2....

Either way they are both banana's so unless we both are holding the same physical banana.. there are two.

You cannot say that the listing of two different persona's.. God and the Lamb... is one. Why bother naming them differently if they are the same.

I wonder sometimes.
You don't have to understand a concept or teaching to believe that it exists.
But Kat, not believing because you don't understand it doesn't make you unaccountable for unbelief.

oh sorry, I forgot . That's probably "not in my book" which you boasted of......

Old 02-27-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Lamb = Lord God Almighty = 1
So you believe John was just being redundant by naming them separately?

LOL I don't think so. But then I realize that you think God "dressed up as a human" and therefore is capable of deception but I don't believe that God deceives people. It is as it says.. there are two listed and two it is.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:44 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,445,139 times
Quote:
Lamb =1
Lord God Almighty=1

1 + 1 = 2....

I wonder sometimes.
This is why I don't personally like debating with you. You are deflective and immature with personal attacks.

And to further expand on your elementary pressumptions...you are denying the straight foreward reading of the text. Submit to Christ, or you will always be in error, always.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:47 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,569,273 times
Quote:
Lord God Almighty ∵ Lamb

Old 02-27-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You don't have to understand a concept or teaching to believe that it exists.
But Kat, not believing because you don't understand it doesn't make you unaccountable for unbelief.

oh sorry, I forgot . It's probably "not in my book"......
Proverbs 15:14 The mind of the intelligent seeks knowledge, But the mouth of fools feeds on folly.

Proverbs 18:15 The mind of the prudent acquires knowledge, And the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

So it is clear that there is ONE TRUE GOD and anything else is just a human fabrication of truth. Not only do I understand it but there is something to be said for believing something contrary to your better judgment.

When you see two named beings.. (Jesus and God) and determine they are one.. it is obvious you are misusing the brain that God gave you.

Anyway.. let me worry about what I will be held accountable for and you just focus on why it is that you believe two people (or three) is one when you would never consider that if you hadn't heard it from a misled Christianity.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:53 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,161,106 times
Quote:

LOL I don't think so. But then I realize that you think God "dressed up as a human" and therefore is capable of deception but I don't believe that God deceives people. It is as it says.. there are two listed and two it is.
Like I said, if Jesus was the Father, then Adam was the Father, because Adam was also made in the Father's image. One earthly, one heavenly.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
This is why I don't personally like debating with you. You are deflective and immature with personal attacks.

And to further expand on your elementary pressumptions...you are denying the straight foreward reading of the text. Submit to Christ, or you will always be in error, always.
I cannot help that you think this is deflective and a personal attack.

Ask any kindergartner.. and I have.. how many is God, Holy Spirit, and Jesus.. they will always answer 3.. not because they lack knowledge but because that is the natural answer. Three people is three not one. There is nothing you can do to get around that.

You claim I am denying the straightforward reading of the text...

Actually what I am doing is counting .. 1...2....3....
You are counting 1....1.....1.....

Now if you think I am in error.. perhaps we can discuss the way numbers work.

The literal reading of the BIBLE states:
"For there is one (the number 1 as in not 2 or 3 but only ONE) God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

God is ONE and Christ is a MAN.... how much clearer can it be?

Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! (again not two or three but ONE....)

Mark 12:29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

ONE of three?

I don't think you can accuse me of not taking the Bible at face value.. it is you who ascribes to a doctrine that clearly is not taught in the bible.

There is ONE God and ONE mediator.. A MAN - Jesus Christ.

Now if only Paul would have put "god-man" instead of "man" then I would have to agree with you that Jesus is GOD-MAN but if I wish to stay true to the text then GOD IS ONE.

And I am just assuming for the sake of the argument that the spirit of God is separate when in fact there is nothing separate about the spirit of a spirit being..

Sciota.. if I am wrong I will admit it. I don't have a problem with being wrong...but I do have a problem with you pointing to my post stating that my post is "deflective and immature with personal attacks" which is actually a personal attack in response to an attack of your use of addition.

Show me I am wrong... Show me where it says God is two.. or three or even 1.5...

God is ONE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity