Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 03:45 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
If we lived in a two dimensional world, and into our world a three dimensional sphere did enter as passing through, we would perceive the three dimensional sphere only as a two dimensional circle, but it would still be a three dimensional sphere regardless of how we perceived it to be something different.
That analogy would work except that God is not 3 dimensional. He is not seen because he is everywhere. He encompasses all things. God has no dimension.
So I don't think that analogy works very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 03:45 PM

153 posts, read 290,375 times
Smile What's to understand

These are the writings of man, not God.

I wrote once that my mother was God....so she is God...and that is it...so put that in your Bible and smoke it.......

Bible, Qarah, Torah, Huckleberry Finn...nothing more than the written words of man...and mostly as truthful as the whiteman's treaties with Indians........lies are man's way of communicting.....truth is Gods.....aho

Old 02-28-2010, 03:46 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminghedge View Post
So they made an animation of it huh? Lol nice.

Yeah its a neat video, and was part of the movie "what the bleep do we know?" ...

A very interesting and mind bending film to say the least. You see i am a student of quantum theory as well as world religion and philosophy, and after years of studying quantum theory my belief that Jesus is in fact an aspect of deity only strengthened.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
That analogy would work except that God is not 3 dimensional. He is not seen because he is everywhere. He encompasses all things. God has no dimension.
God is three dimensional if he is in fact Christ, but he is also hyper-dimenional and exists throughout all the 13 dimensions (or however many dimensions there actually are) some hypothesize today ...

Old 02-28-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The father is seen, as Christ said, "when you see me you see the father". And as it is elsewhere written, Jesus Christ is "the express image of the invisible deity" ...

Old 02-28-2010, 03:51 PM

370 posts, read 452,415 times
Quote:
Yeah its a neat video, and was part of the movie "what the bleep do we know?" ...

A very interesting and mind bending film to say the least. You see i am a student of quantum theory as well as world religion and philosophy, and after years of studying quantum theory my belief that Jesus is in fact an aspect of deity only strengthened.
Right, it is pretty interesting to try and imagine something that God hasn't revealed to us. Or to think, what if God decided to make something else instead of gravity, or space. It would have been entirely possible for him to make it that way, but it's just impossible to contemplate such a thing. It does help you take a step back and see how strange the world is.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Sure Kat,

I will address your post when I get off from work. Give me a few hours, but haven't we been here already...should revive the old thread again for all those to see?

Secondly, I never said I was intolerant, but was called that. And thirdly, I am privvy to my faith, as is billions of other Christinas in the world who worship Christ...or are they all in error as you proclaim?

I think not.
And I was agreeing with the statement that you are intolerant in the sense that you are close-minded to all but what you perceive as the truth and it shows.
I did not mean to imply that you claimed to be intolerant.. that would be silly for you to do.

Yes, IMO all who worship Christ rather than God are in error. I find nothing wrong with worshiping Christ as lord or king.. but in place of God is an error. God is the supreme being and Christ is subject to him.
I don't think the past thread would help your case since you did the same thing then as you are doing now..dismissing my posts and attacking me personally... But feel free to repost your answers. It would be simpler to just answer the pertinent points or questions in my post. I don't expect an essay.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminghedge View Post
Right, it is pretty interesting to try and imagine something that God hasn't revealed to us. Or to think, what if God decided to make something else instead of gravity, or space. It would have been entirely possible for him to make it that way, but it's just impossible to contemplate such a thing. It does help you take a step back and see how strange the world is.
Indeed, it it also helps to try and keep an open mind and admit that we might be wrong. Which i freely admit that i might be ...

God bless ...

Old 02-28-2010, 03:55 PM

370 posts, read 452,415 times
Quote:
The father is seen, as Christ said, "when you see me you see the father". And as it is elsewhere written, Jesus Christ is "the express image of the invisible deity" ...
Yes, but nowhere does it correctly say that he is God. It should have been pretty easy to write that correct?

And once again, if it was true, then why didn't Paul write several letters to the Jews explaining that there God is, in fact, not simply the father as they understood it. He spent quite a bit of his time explaining why the law was now fulfilled, don't you think it would have taken at least a couple of chapters to fill them in on God?

Old 02-28-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
God is three dimensional if he is in fact Christ, but he is also hyper-dimenional and exists throughout all the 13 dimensions (or however many dimensions there actually are) some hypothesize today ...
So you are counting the spirit of God as a "dimension?"

Didn't God pour out his spirit on all men? Wasn't that part of the New Covenant? So then in that respect we would all be 3 dimensional..

I enjoyed watching "what the bleep do we know," and I find quantum physics fascinating but I guess I don't understand your use of dimension...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity