Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 07:15 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,427,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I am perfectly willing to accept your version... show me the scripture in whatever version you want that this was the reason for his crucifixion. You saying it is just regurgitation... show me YOUR understanding and back it up with scripture otherwise how can anyone just simply agree with you? Are you infallible?
You don't believe the Scripture others have posted that prove Jesus was crucified for claiming to be God, so why would you believe me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 08:48 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,547,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
You don't believe the Scripture others have posted that prove Jesus was crucified for claiming to be God, so why would you believe me?
Because I proved that what you posted was wrong.. in error.. Why would I believe an error? Jesus was most certainly NOT crucified for claiming to be God... Soundly refuted earlier.. If you disagree with those proofs then post what you think proves it... I already disproved it...

Do you have other scripture or do you expect me to discount my own refutation on the matter? You didn't even bother to respond to the post. If you think I am just going to take your word for it when I have scriptural proof then you are mistaken. I won't. So either post a rebuttal to my refutation or accept that Jesus was not crucified for claiming to be God..

Old 02-28-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I left four hours ago and have decided to just forget the whole thing!
LOL I see why!

Old 02-28-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Honestly Kat, i cannot understand your comprehension concerning this ... The fullness of what? The fullness of deity ... Take away the word fullness and what do you have? That in Christ dwells deity in bodily form. The word fullness only indicates that all of the deity is in him.

If these things were not written down, you would have every reason to not believe Christ is God. I don't see how you think that is an argument.
However, it does not say "in Christ dwells deity" it says "in Christ dwells the fullness of deity.

If Christ is God and the disciples believed that then why talk about his deity dwelling in him.. wouldn't that be a given?

BUT if Jesus were full of the holy spirit then he would have the fullness of deity dwelling within him. As opposed to only having a little of the deity.
The holy spirit is deity, right? And Jesus was filled with the holy spirit, right? So what is it that points out to you that Jesus being filled with the divine has to mean God clothed himself in flesh?

I don't see how you reach that conclusion from just this verse.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:15 PM

11,909 posts, read 3,737,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You are correct, but is this denoting two thrones? No it isn't. I don't follow your line of reasoning here. This is the same throne, with two entities in it, God the Father, and God the Son.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

I am not sure that it makes sense that because there is one throne that it means that Jesus is God.

The throne is the seat of power and we know that God has given all to the Son -- we also see that just as Jesus overcame and is sitting in his Fathers throne that those that overcome will sit in Jesus throne --- all the same throne, referring to delegated power (however we see in Rev 20:4 other thrones) throne and thrones mean rule. Jesus is King of kings.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:45 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,445,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

I am not sure that it makes sense that because there is one throne that it means that Jesus is God.

The throne is the seat of power and we know that God has given all to the Son -- we also see that just as Jesus overcame and is sitting in his Fathers throne that those that overcome will sit in Jesus throne --- all the same throne, referring to delegated power (however we see in Rev 20:4 other thrones) throne and thrones mean rule. Jesus is King of kings.
And the kingdom was given to the saints....Christians.
I, a Christian, am in charge of the kingdom - Dan 7 and Rev 22
As a friend of mine puts it "In the priestly service representing and with power over the kingdom, under Christ my God, Lord and Head of it."

Old 02-28-2010, 11:47 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,445,139 times
Quote:
Because I proved that what you posted was wrong.. in error.. Why would I believe an error? Jesus was most certainly NOT crucified for claiming to be God... Soundly refuted earlier.. If you disagree with those proofs then post what you think proves it... I already disproved it...
You haven't disproved anything.

Why was Christ put to death?

Old 03-01-2010, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You haven't disproved anything.

Why was Christ put to death?
Post #165 of this thread. Here's the link: //www.city-data.com/forum/13086761-post148.html

Old 03-01-2010, 07:20 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,569,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
How do those of you who do not believe that Christ is God understand this?
Why does it matter if Christ is not God?

What matters is that Christ was perfect. If he was anything less, there is no salvation for anyone.

There was no other good enough
To pay the price of sin;
He only could unlock the gate
Of heaven and let us in.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:37 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,515,816 times
Quote:

Do you have other scripture or do you expect me to discount my own refutation on the matter? You didn't even bother to respond to the post. If you think I am just going to take your word for it when I have scriptural proof then you are mistaken. I won't. So either post a rebuttal to my refutation or accept that Jesus was not crucified for claiming to be God..

That day will come when you shall get that chance to challange (arrogant as it may be) Jesus that he isn't God.... personally.

But the warped theology of UR proclaims that you'll confess "Jesus is God" out of belief anyway.....go figure.

no need to respond, time to leave town and wipe the dust off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity