Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 06:03 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by sciotamicks
So if you think you are a Preterist, but yet hold to the beliefs of UR, then you are not a Preterist, Full or Hyper.

"Preterism is contrary to UR completely" ?

Maybe so.

So now we know that there are four “Christian” theological systems fighting, in their own particular way, using their own particular interpretations of the scriptures, to believe in and teach others about what God will not do.
ET Arminianism, ET Calvinism, Annihilationism and Full Preterists/Covenant Creationism

And all four of them exclude part of creation from salvation, yet all four are supposedly “proven” to be based on the Bible.

Any theology that detracts from THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE and teaches what God will not do instead of what God will do for everyone who needs that grace –- IMHO that theology is not worth the cyber space that it is written on.

THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – Dr. Loyal Hurley
THE GLORIOUS “NO CHANCE” UR THEOLOGY
The Outcome of Infinite Grace

Here is a snippet
"People say that Universal Reconciliation makes a "second chance" gospel. No, no, no! We do not have a "first chance" gospel, or a "second chance" gospel. Salvation is not by "chance," it is by grace! Infinite grace! (end of quote)

Guess which theology I shall spend the rest of my life believing and teaching?

I’ve just turned 72, so the time I have left to guide people to the reasons why I believe it may not be all that long. But that’s ok, because I know the rest of my life will be joyful.

Will yours?

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-05-2010 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: ADDITION
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 06:12 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Is this for real?

What are you talking about? How in the world do you think one becomes born of the spirit in the first place?
By accepting the free gift. Your are all twisted up Ironmaw.
I can only imagine that you somehow missed the analogy i made about being born in the flesh and being born in the spirit.

Like i asked before, did you choose to accept to be born the first time?

What do you mean what am i talking about? I'm talking about the fact that being quickened and born again of the spirit is not about making a personal choice. Being born again just happens to you, just like being born the first time, because God chooses to have mercy on you and gives you repentance and faith so that you believe on Christ.

You just cant accept that its all about God and not about you, can you?

Old 11-05-2010, 06:16 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I can only imagine that you somehow missed the analogy of being born in the flesh and being born in the spirit.

Like i asked before, did you choose to accept to be born the first time?

What do you mean what am i talking about? I'm talking about the fact that being quickened and born again of the spirit is not about making a personal choice. Being born again just happens to you, just like being born the first time, because God chooses to have mercy on you and gives you repentance and faith so that you believe on Christ.

You just cant accept that its all about God and not about you, can you?
You have to make a choice then you are born again. Is that better?

Old 11-05-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Originally Posted by sciotamicks
So if you think you are a Preterist, but yet hold to the beliefs of UR, then you are not a Preterist, Full or Hyper.

"Preterism is contrary to UR completely" ?

Maybe so.

So now we know that there are four “Christian†theological systems fighting, in their own particular way, using their own particular interpretations of the scriptures, to believe in and teach others about what God will not do.
ET Arminianism, ET Calvinism, Annihilationism and Full Preterists/Covenant Creationism

And all four of them exclude part of creation from salvation, yet all four are supposedly “proven†to be based on the Bible.

Any theology that detracts from THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE and teaches what God will not do instead of what God will do for everyone who needs that grace –- IMHO that theology is not worth the cyber space that it is written on.

THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – Dr. Loyal Hurley
THE GLORIOUS “NO CHANCE†UR THEOLOGY

Here is a snippet
"People say that Universal Reconciliation makes a "second chance" gospel. No, no, no! We do not have a "first chance" gospel, or a "second chance" gospel. Salvation is not by "chance," it is by grace! Infinite grace! (end of quote)

Guess which theology I shall spend the rest of my life believing and teaching?

I’ve just turned 72, so the time I have left to guide people to the reasons why I believe it may not be all that long. But that’s ok, because I know the rest of my life will be joyful.

Will yours?
tutt,

You are not adding...you are spamming this thread with the same post.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:21 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
I know that is what you believe, and the scriptures teach the opposite. The bible teaches that only after one has been born of the spirit can they even comprehend the things of the spirit, such as the gospel of Christ. Until one is spiritually reborn, they are as brute beasts and think the things of the spirit are foolishness.

Like i said, you just cant accept that its all about God and his work on the cross and in our lives that saves us, and not about any work or decisions we make of ourselves, can you?

Old 11-05-2010, 06:23 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Default When god makes jesus "choice" in your heart

Quote:
No. Not any better at all.

WHEN GOD MAKES JESUS "CHOICE" IN YOUR HEART

Here is WHY you chose.

CHOOSING WHAT IS CHOICE
biblical studies: His Achievement Are We - Part 9 - Choosing What Is Choice

Old 11-05-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
same link?? You have been known to do this over and over.....wash rinse repeat?

Old 11-05-2010, 07:22 PM

40 posts, read 53,863 times
Quote:
I know that is what you believe, and the scriptures teach the opposite. The bible teaches that only after one has been born of the spirit can they even comprehend the things of the spirit, such as the gospel of Christ. Until one is spiritually reborn, they are as brute beasts and think the things of the spirit are foolishnes.
I think I have to agree with this. If Jesus wasn't talking about the man's actions (which could be why he used birth to explain that spiritual principle), then the idea that the man could take action to facilitate his salvation would be an incorrect assumption.

Maybe what Jesus could be saying is if flesh births flesh and spirit does the same with spirit than a person without spirit would have a difficult time trying to produce spirit. Therefore they'd have to be "born again" by some other means other than themselves (via Jesus). JMO

:But you know what, I think that the question (if answered) that could help me undstand what Jesus was saying is whether or not spirit is required to except Jesus?

I apologize if I'm off topic. I don't really understand (full or hyper) preterism mostly because I learned Christianity thru the opposing view so it somewhat makes my head spend to think about the bible along those lines. Therefore I can't, in good conscience, add any ideas to the op.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I know that is what you believe, and the scriptures teach the opposite. The bible teaches that only after one has been born of the spirit can they even comprehend the things of the spirit, such as the gospel of Christ. Until one is spiritually reborn, they are as brute beasts and think the things of the spirit are foolishness.

Like i said, you just cant accept that its all about God and his work on the cross and in our lives that saves us, and not about any work or decisions we make of ourselves, can you?
Ironmaw....I don't question that at all...but one must be born again....what does this entail? When one confesses? Or not? Then a man is born again....Christ said...I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live, no?

There is a step process....man believes...he is born again.
Man does not, and I have never said, is responsible for his salvation. God gifts man with salvation for his belief...it is right there, in red.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:55 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
That's good to know since I've never been a partial or full preterist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity