Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 12:23 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It's truth that offends those who set themselves against it. And those who speak the truth are an offense to those who would twist the truth.
They cannot hear you because you are talking to hardened hearts.

What happened to them?

The hardening of the heart is a conscious decision to disbelief the word of God. The URs have said it themselves that they used to be believers, but then got to a point where they could not bear the truth anymore, and they turned away. They call it 'awakening', but it is nothing less than turning away from the truth.

They should not have done so.

Quote:
Hebrews 3:12 See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness
And then it is just goes downhill from there. Once you turn away, you live in sin, and refuse to repent. And why should they repent? After all, they believe that they will be saved regardless. Their hearts become even harder, and they become stubborn and refuse to listen

Quote:
Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.
Quote:
Zechariah 7:11-12 "But they refused to pay attention; stubbornly they turned their backs and stopped up their ears. 12 They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that the LORD Almighty had sent by his Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the LORD Almighty was very angry
And once they have become convinced about the correctness of their decision to turn away, they become proud, and begin to claim that anyone who still believes in the Bible is lost, and a believer of a 'twisted and hateful' message. You see this here every day.

And then they begin their mission to draw as many as possible away from the light. They become false prophets, and this is the part God will be the least happy about.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:36 PM

33,342 posts, read 26,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

What happened to them?

The hardening of the heart is a conscious decision to disbelief the word of God. The URs have said it themselves that they used to be believers, but then got to a point where they could not bear the truth anymore, and they turned away. They call it 'awakening', but it is nothing less than turning away from the truth.

They should not have done so.

And then it is just goes downhill from there. Once you turn away, you live in sin, and refuse to repent. And why should they repent? After all, they believe that they will be saved regardless. Their hearts become even harder, and they become stubborn and refuse to listen

And once they have become convinced about the correctness of their decision to turn away, they become proud, and begin to claim that anyone who still believes in the Bible is lost, and a believer of a 'twisted and hateful' message. You see this here every day.

And then they begin their mission to draw as many as possible away from the light. They become false prophets, and this is the part God will be the least happy about.
This is all true. The more truth is rejected the more tightly they are locked into their unbelief. And there is a point of no return.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:37 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,950,659 times
Finn_Jarber....

Since you are the one accusing, perhaps you could explain how the following is an example of the fruit of a "hardened heart"? Then maybe we can see what exactly your idea of a hardened heart is and what that means from your perspective.

Quote:
Because when you realize that your neighbor is your brother, and that God loves them, you love them too. It doesn't happen immediately, but the more God's love for all settles into your heart and into your soul, ALL of the fruits of the spirit start to manifest in your being. Because you SEE THROUGH exteriors to the person within. You see past EVERYTHING and see a person's heart. Just the way God sees us.

Trusting God and allowing Him to take your heart and turn it into a heart that loves ALL. NO MATTER WHAT. Even if someone were to come and murder my family. I KNOW that God has put the kind of love into my heart that I would be able to somehow forgive. I KNOW THIS. IN MY HEART. Because He has given me the tools (love in my heart) to finally forgive and have LOVE for those who caused the death of my mother. (I carried hatred in my heart for years and years after my mother's death.) God transformed this. His LOVE for all, made me realize many things which I will get into later, which caused that hatred to dissipate and then finally dissapear and be transformed into LOVE. AMAZING. It's the most amazing thing.

There is NOTHING anyone can do, to make me NOT see them as a brother or a sister anymore. It is IMPOSSIBLE. God has put THAT kind of LOVE into my heart. I mean this with every inch of my being. This is not some frivolous thing. This is the most serious thing I've ever said. HE put THAT kind of love into my heart!! It is nothing short of a MIRACLE. and it is completely overwhelming. To know without a doubt, that LOVE will OVERPOWER and transform every shred of darkness in the human heart. Love endures. and LOVE never fails.

Yes, Father... you were right. LOVE NEVER FAILS.
What POWER in those three little words.
LOVE
NEVER
FAILS.

How much GOD loves us.
And His LOVE NEVER FAILS.
What PEACE this brings to the human heart.
To UNDERSTAND WHO our Father is!
And that FULL, COMPLETE PEACE would not be possible if Jesus was NOT the saviour of the WORLD.
If even ONE soul were lost forever, there would be NO FULL COMPLETE PEACE in my heart.
Let me reiterate... there would be NO PEACE. NO JOY, and the LOVE would be under chains in my heart, if even
ONE soul were lost forever.
The PEACE that surpasses all understanding is that peace which comes from finally understanding God's TRUE character.
and that yes, He LOVES US.
ALL of us.
The love in my heart for ALL has just been completely overwhelming. Like I said, nothing short of a MIRACLE.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Finn_Jarber....

Since you are the one accusing, perhaps you could explain how the following is an example of the fruit of a "hardened heart"? Then maybe we can see what exactly your idea of a hardened heart is and what that means from your perspective.
I see the fruit of the UR hearts here every day. They spend hours of each day trying to draw believers away from their faith.

You gotta wonder why, because according to your own belief we are all already saved. So, why bother?

Love alone won't save anyone, only believing in Christ can save you.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-14-2010 at 12:58 PM..

Old 03-14-2010, 12:57 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,142,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
This is all true. The more truth is rejected the more tightly they are locked into their unbelief. And there is a point of no return.
Yet according to you Mike, we are all saved if at one time in our lives we sincerely said a prayer to Jesus asking for salvation...

Old 03-14-2010, 01:01 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,950,659 times
Quote:
I see the fruit of the UR hearts here every day. They spend hours of each day trying to draw believers away from their faith.

You gotta wonder why, because according to your own belief we are all already saved. So, why bother?

Love alone won't save anyone, only believing in Christ can save you.

Finn Jarber...
For the reasons why spreading the gospel is so important, you can see my answer in the thread pcamps started.

Now, will you go back and answer my question? I thought it was a respectful and fair question.

peace.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Finn Jarber...
For the reasons why spreading the gospel is so important, you can see my answer in the thread pcamps started.

Now, will you go back and answer my question? I thought it was a respectful and fair question.

peace.
I haven't see that thread.

I already answered your question in my other post. You are talking about hippie love, but I am talking about hardening one's heart against hearnig the word of God.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:15 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,116,102 times
Quote:
The URs have said it themselves that they used to be believers, but then got to a point where they could not bear the truth anymore, and they turned away.
When you say "the URs have said it themselves that they used to be believers," are you talking about people who have said they used to believers in a literal hell? If you are saying that URs on this forum have said it themselves that they used to be believers in Jesus Christ, please post quotes (full quotes, not cut ones) to prove your claim. I would be curious to see who said that.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
When you say "the URs have said it themselves that they used to be believers," are you talking about people who have said they used to believers in a literal hell? If you are saying that URs on this forum have said it themselves that they used to be believers in Jesus Christ, please post quotes (full quotes, not cut ones) to prove your claim. I would be curious to see who said that.
When I say believer, obviously I mean believers of the Gospel, with everything in it, even the parts you have chosen to omit.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:27 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,142,849 times
Finn, your accusations here are full of falsehood. Feel free to make your case against UR, but please don't resort to lying, as it appears you are doing here.

Quote:
That is your opinion. The same can be said of you.

Quote:
Wow that is such a misrepresentation, it seems like an intentional lie on your part. You imply we are no longer believers, but we are the ones who believe Jesus is the savior of ALL men. Belief in eternal hell does not determine your salvation, in fact if you believe some will suffer forever and don't really give it a second thought, perhaps you should examine your own heart to see if its made of stone.

Quote:
And you know this how?!? So all UR believers are worse sinners than you I guess, eh Finn?!? You personally know that we haven't repented? You shouldn't judge things you know nothing about.

Have you actually listened to our arguments and tried to understand them?
Quote:
More misrepresentation and/or lies. Do I really need to respond to this?

Quote:
And you know this how?!?

Finn, truly I wish you could understand the truth of UR. Like sparrow says, it opens love in your heart. God's love flows through you when you see that God loves His whole creation, and He will let none suffer apart from Him forever. God's love will overcome all, I'm sorry you can't see this. This is the light: it is Christ. The light has come into the world to expose the evil of darkness - and the greatest evil to be exposed is the lie that God would allow or purpose His own creation to be tormented endlessly. God's light is in us who believe that Jesus is the savior of all men, and the darkness will be exposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity