Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 11:43 PM

33,360 posts, read 26,617,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Mike555 - You sound extremely hostile and hateful today against the other posters. Even for you this level of malice is not normal. Are you OK?

Consider Paul's admonitions against your own words:

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
Tit 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

2Co 12:20 For I am afraid that perhaps when I come I may find you to be not what I wish and may be found by you to be not what you wish; that perhaps there may be strife, jealousy, angry tempers, disputes, slanders, gossip, arrogance, disturbances;

Your hostility is not only offense to those that hear you speak the name of Christ, but it's not healthy for YOU either!

The lady and the other posters have only shown you respect in their discourse with you by exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit:

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Gal 5:23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

You would do well to follow her example. If you can't behave like a Christian at least act like a gentleman.
Matthew 23:13 ''But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from men, for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.

27) Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.

28) Even so you too outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Last edited by Michael Way; 03-14-2010 at 12:01 AM..

Old 03-13-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
It's the attitude that's offensive. It's not so much what you believe to be the truth. We can debate that all day long and walk away agreeing to disagree. I'm a guy, so I can take the abuse and hand it back to the guys. It's a guy thing, and I'm up for it...I think...lol

Can you at least be kind to the ladies and treat them with dignity and respect? Your testimony, what little you have left, would go much further if you did.
It's truth that offends those who set themselves against it. And those who speak the truth are an offense to those who would twist the truth.

For those who may be interested, here I assume are the posts that the above poster is complaining about. Post #382, 383, 387, 389 and 393.

Last edited by Michael Way; 03-14-2010 at 12:06 AM..

Old 03-14-2010, 12:12 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,944,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you don't like the way I speak out against lies and attacks on the word of God then be offended.
It's fine to speak out Mike...but do it with respect and dignity. Try it without malice or bitterness. Trust me, you'll feel much better about it. I know, I used to be like that.

Before coming to faith, there was nothing I enjoyed more than a good street fight against the guys a few blocks over, using both my hands and my mouth as fast as I could make them move. I too was full of wrath against those not on "our street". It's kind of like what is going on in this thread. It's a spiritual street fight. One street against the other.

You sound like a young person with a lot of hostility and anger. Let it go my friend. You'll wake up in the morning without the spiritual hangover from all the arguing and spiritual beatings you engage in

Old 03-14-2010, 12:16 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,449,724 times
Mike,

Alabama is right...I too am guilty of the spiritual hangover, but if you lead in steadfast love, which means it is ok to dig your heals in and defend your view with conviction, but try not to be mean.
I know it is hard at times, even our apostles were guilty of it, but it brings on strife and contention everywhere and closes the mind of those who you are engaging with.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
It's fine to speak out Mike...but do it with respect and dignity. Try it without malice or bitterness. Trust me, you'll feel much better about it. I know, I used to be like that.

Before coming to faith, there was nothing I enjoyed more than a good street fight against the guys a few blocks over, using both my hands and my mouth as fast as I could make them move. I too was full of wrath against those not on "our street". It's kind of like what is going on in this thread. It's a spiritual street fight. One street against the other.

You sound like a young person with a lot of hostility and anger. Let it go my friend. You'll wake up in the morning without the spiritual hangover from all the arguing and spiritual beatings you engage in
I am in fact 56 years old and am not in the least concerned about your reactions to my posts. The attitude you are assigning to me is of your own imagination. I don't sugar coat my answers to cater to those who don't like the truth.

Now, here are the posts that you seem to be complaining about and which readers are invited to refer to. Post # 382, 383, 387,389, 393.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Mike,

Alabama is right...I too am guilty of the spiritual hangover, but if you lead in steadfast love, which means it is ok to dig your heals in and defend your view with conviction, but try not to be mean.
I know it is hard at times, even our apostles were guilty of it, but it brings on strife and contention everywhere and closes the mind of those who you are engaging with.
My answers stand as is. I present the truth. You can't please everybody and I am interested only in pleasing God. My style is what it is. People are free not to read my posts.

And this is my final comment on the subject.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:02 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,944,806 times
Quote:
I am in fact 56 years old and am not in the least concerned about your reactions to my posts. The attitude you are assigning to me is of your own imagination. I don't sugar coat my answers to cater to those who don't like the truth.

Now, here are the posts that you seem to be complaining about and which readers are invited to refer to. Post # 382, 383, 387,389, 393.
I'm sorry, I thought you were younger than I. I would not have admonished you as I did. I apologize for that, please accept it.

1Ti 5:1 Do not sharply rebuke an older man, but rather appeal to him as a father, to the younger men as brothers,

AlabamaStorm.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:21 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,449,724 times
Quote:
My answers stand as is. I present the truth. You can't please everybody and I am interested only in pleasing God. My style is what it is. People are free not to read my posts.

And this is my final comment on the subject.
All good brother.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:32 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,632,528 times
Quote:
God causes no one to believe. He provides the information and leaves it to the individual to decide one way or the other.
I will take away the heart of stone:” - God

“And I will cause them to walk in My ways. - God

Of course believing is a prerequisite for enjoying the benefits if SOZO. But "hearts of stone" don't believe - do they?

I think you are caught in the Arminian vs. Calvinist tension. Both are true in their own way - but without the benefit of the big picture (AKA UR) the are at odds with each other and with scripture (not to mention with sanity).

Old 03-14-2010, 05:40 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I will take away the heart of stone:” - God

“And I will cause them to walk in My ways. - God

Of course believing is a prerequisite for enjoying the benefits if SOZO. But "hearts of stone" don't believe - do they?

I think you are caught in the Arminian vs. Calvinist tension. Both are true in their own way - but without the benefit of the big picture (AKA UR) the are at odds with each other and with scripture (not to mention with sanity).
Mike and the Fundy's (great name for a band) have to believe they are the ones who decide , because if they don't they are on the way to believing UR . They believe the sought,found and chose God .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity