Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 07:27 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,762,837 times

Advertisements

Although I don't care for them I love the fact that they consternate Toyota and Lexus owners who can't accept an American vehicle to have excellent resale value in their world of resale value. Whenever one of those top 10 lists.. comes out that DON'T include these and Power stroke Super Duty I know the writer is a biased hack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 10:11 PM

663 posts, read 1,724,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger76 View Post
Status. Culture. People pay to say "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand"
I do, however, understand that there are vehicles of the same capabilities or better with a much smoother and safer ride for far less $.
So there’s another 4-seat vehicle out there with 4WD that I can take the top and doors off of and cruise legally on the road at highway speeds? And it cost less than a Wrangler? What is it? I’d love to have one.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
Check the price of a decent condition CJ 7 jeep. When I had mine I was constantly getting offers even when I was in market to sell. Sold it for more than I paid for it since good ones are getting rare.They say Jeep is the main reason Fiat wanted Chrysler.;but haven't keep up with the market for 4WD utilities lately.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:48 PM

16 posts, read 27,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger76 View Post
understand that there are vehicles of the same capabilities or better with a much smoother and safer ride for far less $.
Hahahahaha….That is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.

Hummer…Discontinued, FJ….Discontinued, All the other *** 4x4's have given up and just accepted they are but lowly SUV's.

Ford is looking at bringing the Bronco back and Toyota is thinking about the F40
Mean time nothing else will run with the Jeep off-road.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:50 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,889,319 times
Ram Power Wagon with front/rear locking diffs and electronic disconnect sway bar is a capable off roader. Just can't git in the places a Wrangler can. Would love to get one when they start building them with the 6.4L.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:48 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,655,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macaw1us View Post
Mean time nothing else will run with the Jeep off-road.
One of the guys at work has a mercedes G... seems to have no problems when he goes back country with the Rubicon guys.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:06 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,814 times
I've seen a Nissan Xterra get down and dirty with the Wranglers. They don't have the cult following like the Jeep but they have about 80% of the capability. Not a knock on the Jeep but it is what it is. It isn't as well equipped. It is pretty spartan but it does mean that it is cheaper. It may very well be on road which is what most of these vehicles will be on.

Last edited by Yellow Jacket; 02-04-2014 at 02:14 AM..

Old 02-04-2014, 02:41 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Care to name one of these more capable less $ vehicles that could drive the Black Bear switchbacks in the thread about scary roads?
Most people who buy one aren't doing anything like that.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:44 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Although I don't care for them I love the fact that they consternate Toyota and Lexus owners who can't accept an American vehicle to have excellent resale value in their world of resale value. Whenever one of those top 10 lists.. comes out that DON'T include these and Power stroke Super Duty I know the writer is a biased hack.
I buy American and was crushed I had to go to Toyota for a decent reasonably priced and equipped 4x4 that wasn't a glorified station wagon. This 4 Runner has proven its worth in terrible weather/road conditions and off-road. I wasn't trying to climb a rock or anything, but I doubt 90+% of Jeep owners do either.

No consternation here...just baffled. The supply/demand thing makes sense except for the fact that there are (and always have been) seas of Jeeps at the local dealerships here. Maybe they are selling like gangbusters somewhere else.

For $40k, I'd buy an old Defender and have something truly unique.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:35 AM

6,543 posts, read 7,124,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
So there’s another 4-seat vehicle out there with 4WD that I can take the top and doors off of and cruise legally on the road at highway speeds? And it cost less than a Wrangler? What is it? I’d love to have one.

They'll say the POS Suzuki samurai and Geo tracker, probably tell you a Geo storm is a great sports car too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram