Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:42 AM

2,080 posts, read 6,934,255 times

Advertisements

The Jeep Liberty or the Dodge Nitro. Basically the same vehicles but obvious cosmetic changes, who should go?

Dodge Nitro and Jeep Liberty to merge into one vehicle - Autoblog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 12:13 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
I haven't seen very many of either on the road. I also wonder why they keep selling the PT Cruiser? The best vehicle they have going are the new vans. I have seen a number of those on the road.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:39 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,757,166 times
how bout dropping both and bringing back the cherokee with the old inline 6

Old 09-05-2008, 12:44 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,143,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
how bout dropping both and bringing back the cherokee with the old inline 6
Agree 100%.. and discontinue the Jeep Compass too while you're at it, give the Dodge Caliber the AWD option instead.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:06 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,568,766 times
Dodge Nitro should go. I must say that I hate those PT Cruiser's. But I do believe it's a good seller for Chrysler or it used to be anyway. Chrysler has several really good cars, the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger and Dodge Viper.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:30 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,143,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Dodge Nitro should go. I must say that I hate those PT Cruiser's. But I do believe it's a good seller for Chrysler or it used to be anyway. Chrysler has several really good cars, the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger and Dodge Viper.
Those are exactly the cars they don't need, though. Jeep can be Jeep, but Dodge discontinued the Neon right when they needed it most and the Caliber is an inadequate replacement, though it does seem to be selling well judging by the sheer number I see on the road. The Avenger/Sebring is also little more than a bad joke at this point, and I see more of them with little green E's on the tail than I see civilian models.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:46 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
They need to ditch the entire Jeep line minus the Wrangler and Cherokee. Oh, and ditch the 4 door Wrangler as well, thats nasty looking.

In fact, ditch the entire Chrysler lineup except the aformentioned models and the Viper.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:57 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,757,166 times
well thats the problem with american auto manufacturers. too many vehicle lines. make one car in a class and make it customizable.

jeep used to sell wrangler, cherokee, and grand cherokee, and thats how it should have stayed. now they have wrangler, wrangler 4 door, grand cherokee, liberty, compass, patriot, and commander. ditch the commander and stick with grand cherokee. ditch liberty, compass, patriot, wrangler 4 door and replace it with cherokee. jeep is known for offroad vehicles, you dont need onroad liberty, patriots, and commanders. leave that to chrysler and dodge

anyways, the perfect production line for me has always been the older nissan(pre-suv days). small car: sentra. mid size: altima. large/luxury performance: maxima. light truck: frontier. sports coupe: Z. functional suv: pathfinder. one car in each class, and each car is customizable to an extent. some had 4wd options, some had performance engine options. easier to market, easier to maintain, and much less confusion than manufacturers like GM

Old 09-05-2008, 03:14 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,623,384 times
Get rid of the Compass and Patriot. They are both Jeep embarassments.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:07 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,691,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post

Aren't the 300, Charger, Challenger (and Magnum) essentially the same cars? Viper may be a good car, but does anyone really drive one as a commuter so they can share the reliability info?

These 300's with the small V6 can get up to 28 mpg highway, which is almost the same as the Caliber. I have an Intrepid with this motor... pushing 110k nearly flawless miles. Right now it gets 27 mpg @ 70 mph cruise, 25 mpg @ 80, 24.5 @ 85, 21 in the city. The 300 should be at least as good of a car (probably better), and is going to be my next one after I run this into the ground. At my 900 miles a week, that will be soon.

As for the rest of the Chrysler lineup, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. They definitely need the 300 (and Ram); without them you can kiss the company goodbye. American car companies generally know how to build a good big car or truck/SUV. Leave the rest to Honda & Toyota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram