Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city do you like the best
Cincinnati 24 57.14%
Louisville 4 9.52%
Indianapolis 4 9.52%
Cleveland 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 09:41 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,557,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Seems to me to be a good idea for a consolidated government, especially when the city is in one county. But I strongly doubt whether an agreement could be made to consolidate Cincinnati and Hamilton Co., just too many turf wars going on. But if it happened I could see a lot of good coming out of it.
In the case of Indy, there are those who would argue that Unigov has been bad for Indy, but I think evidence of the good far outweighs whatever bad folks might drum up. That said, Indy's Unigov took place in 1970, and as the suburban areas outside of Marion County have developed, you've started to see turf battles develop. This is most evident when the discussion turns to regional taxation for things like Lucas Oil Stadium (or the Capital Improvements Board in general) and mass transit. So, it's not the be all, end all.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:00 AM

279 posts, read 719,671 times
Naturally I love Cincinnati, grew up here and don't plan on leaving.

It's been awhile since I went to Indy, but the Canal Walk is amazing. Also met a dude and his wife from Indy who were in town for a Reds game this past weekend, and he says it's grown in the years since I've seen it. Restaurants, more residential, etc etc. It was sweet 4 years ago, so I can only imagine. Also, Victory Field is one the better minor league parks, period. Didn't explore much of downtown, but the Canal Walk was impressive enough.

Louisville also, I haven't been in awhile, but it certainly had some nice architecture and charm. Plus they have the Pita Pit restaurants there and I remember that being seksi.

Cleveland, my dad had a friend there and we used to visit a lot when I was a bit younger. I remember going to Jacobs Field back in the 90s when the Indians were stacked!

WTF is up with all these VS threads, and especially WTF is up with everyone getting pissy and hating on the other cities. That's about as un-American as it gets. I love every city, village, town, etc in the U.S.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:10 AM

621 posts, read 1,212,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby513 View Post

WTF is up with all these VS threads, and especially WTF is up with everyone getting pissy and hating on the other cities. That's about as un-American as it gets. I love every city, village, town, etc in the U.S.
Thank you. Amen to that. I was going to say the same thing.

Whenever these "city vs. city" threads come up, it erupts into a free-for-all with people comparing the places. It's all subjective, based on personal preference and what people like or don't like. So why can't people just abide by the principle of "to each his own"? I'm from Cincinnati, but there are things about Indianapolis and Cleveland I like better. I don't feel a need to explain my reasons. It just is what it is.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:17 AM

279 posts, read 719,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyspider View Post

Whenever these "city vs. city" threads come up, it erupts into a free-for-all with people comparing the places. It's all subjective, based on personal preference and what people like or don't like. So why can't people just abide by the principle of "to each his own"? I'm from Cincinnati, but there are things about Indianapolis and Cleveland I like better. I don't feel a need to explain my reasons. It just is what it is.
Yep. And it's a beautiful thing. There's something, or someplace I should say, out there for everyone. Every single city/town in the U.S. has something special about it, and that's to be celebrated, not pissed on and turned into a crap flinging contest.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyspider View Post

Agreed. I hope no one saw me as dissing the 'Nati. Smoking just seems to be on an Indy hate mission, so I feel compelled to call BS where I see it. Each city has good and bad attributes, but all are very different cities for different reasons.

Now, Go Reds!

Old 09-03-2010, 10:21 AM

436 posts, read 954,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
When someone can't even distinguish between downtown Cincinnati, Covington and Newport, then there's no use in even trying to argue against the rest of your ignorant drivel. Just best to ignore the troll.
If you don't have a high enough I.Q. to recognize that Covington, Newport, Fort Thomas, are all "Cincy," you should have the manners to stay out of smarter peoples' discussions, troll.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking357 View Post
If you don't have a high enough I.Q. to recognize that Covington, Newport, Fort Thomas, are all "Cincy," you should have the manners to stay out of smarter peoples' discussions, troll.
They are part of Cincy metro. I was referring to downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. Learn to read and understand the nuance of language.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:06 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,988,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Louisville consolidated its city and county governments in 2003.
Thanks for the correction; I didn't know. Did any of the smaller cities or other jurisdictions in Jefferson County participate in the merger?

Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 PM

42,000 posts, read 75,358,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby513 View Post
I remember going to Jacobs Field back in the 90s when the Indians were stacked!
Those were the days ... *sigh*

Old 09-03-2010, 12:58 PM

8,989 posts, read 17,335,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking357 View Post
Go to the UrbanOhio.com forum and tell them you think Newport is in Cincinnati.

*edit - yes, I know what you are "saying," I am simply busting your chops
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati