Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city do you like the best
Cincinnati 24 57.14%
Louisville 4 9.52%
Indianapolis 4 9.52%
Cleveland 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 09:56 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
You're a troll!.
No, you're an idiot. Read the title of the thread and the poll question. If I wanted to claim that Indy is better than Cincinnati (which I never have), then I would be within my rights to do so given the thread topic. It doesn't matter that it was inappropriately stuck in the Cincy forum and the mods have failed to move it.

I have only made two claims here about Indy vs. Cincy -- 1. Indy's downtown is livelier (which, IMO, it is) and 2. According to a UC study, Cincy lags behind many of its peers, including Indy, in economic vitality (which surprised me, given the number of major corporations based there). I have never said that Indy is better than Cincy or that Cincy doesn't have some nice architecture or neighborhoods. I have never trashed Cincy, despite your false claims.

Your persistent badgering me with the troll label only shows you to be a very small person. You've posted in the Indy forum yourself with some praise and some criticism, and I believe I've always left you alone because you're entitled to your opinion (even if it's misguided at times).

So, I stand by my earlier statement -- you need to grow the hell up.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:40 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,632,125 times
Read the terms of service, NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. Grow the hell up and get out. Stop ruining threads. Calling me an idiot, wow, just when I thought you couldn't loose anymore credibility. When you call me an idiot, it is like the pot calling the kettle black. Re-direct that to yourself, because judging by your posts, you are exhibiting exactly that.

One, I have posted in the Indy forum ONCE. God forbid I post there. There is nothing there to post in anyway, and it is a dead forum.

Two, judging by your other posts in this exact thread, you were obviously boosting Indy, and putting Cincy down. Say what you want, but that is how it was coming off. I do not care if you put your opinion, that is what this site is meant for, but you try posting all these articles of how great Indy is, and how Cincinnati is "lagging" behind or how it has these terrible neighborhoods. In all reality, Cincy's neighborhoods blow anything Indy has out of the water.

Obviously it is a city vs city thread. These threads turn into bashing contests all the time in the General US section. But when it is in a particular city forum, I would expect the residents to stick up for the city, especially when someone from another city puts the city down in its very own forum. Which is what you have done already here. Also, like I said earlier, this thread was quiet for almost two weeks, but your annoying personality had to come back with two articles. One talking about Cincy lagging, and the other talking about how "great" Indy was.

I continue to call you a troll because you are being one. Your last post proves my point exactly. If you want me to stop, then shut the hell up. You can't see that and look at things narrow-mindly, but you are quite annoying.

Once again, the pot calling the kettle black.... "So, I stand by my earlier statement -- you need to grow the hell up."

Old 10-02-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Read the terms of service, NO PERSONAL ATTACKS.
Yes, this is something you need to do. Calling me a troll when I've done nothing of the sort constitutes a personal attack. My posts have been directly related to the thread and poll question. Case closed. You're an idiot. Goodbye.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:12 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,717,810 times
Btw, where in the hell is Fishers, IN?!

Old 10-02-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Btw, where in the hell is Fishers, IN?!
Indy suburb.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:17 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,632,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Yes, this is something you need to do. Calling me a troll when I've done nothing of the sort constitutes a personal attack. My posts have been directly related to the thread and poll question. Case closed. You're an idiot. Goodbye.
I am the idiot . Name calling! Back to grade school I see . Sorry, I work, I have a life, I would have posted much sooner.

Once again, pot calling the kettle black. You do not know me; I am sure I accomplish a bit more on a daily basis than yourself. You came in, starting sh** for the sake of starting sh**. The posts and links are back there if you need a refresher. You are a troll, and it is obvious in many of your recent posts, especially on this page. Didn't mean to throw Indy down the drain. I have stuck up for Indiana and Indy on a couple of occasions on this site. I, unlike you, do not feel the need to bash someplace to make another look better. Clearly Cincy has much more to offer than Indy on many levels, but that point was ruined when you started crying because I called you a troll. If you don't want to be called one, then shut the hell up and leave, then you WOULDN'T be being one... Simple as that. If you feel the need to continue, then please send me a direct message. You do that by looking in your right hand corner of the screen, and send it. It's easy enough.

Maybe this thread will die, and no other "idiot" poster will feel the need to put lame links up just to start sh** when they know exactly what they are doing. Don't tell me you didn't expect to get a response. I know you have had problems with other posters on here too. So if you want to try to have some credibility, stick to your word... case closed. If that is not the case, I look forward to reading your direct message.

See ya later, troll.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:39 PM

860 posts, read 1,357,653 times
Funny how such an argument arose over the comparison of 4 incredibly mediocre cities

Old 10-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
Enough of this. Most of you seem to be thinking that if you're right, your opponent is wrong and as a a result you have the right to attack and insult them.
Next fight like this will end up with week long restriction for all involved. Who started is irrelevant, you're all adults and should be mature enough to realize this isn't junior high.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati