Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 09:09 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,980,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsrn View Post
Well..... I came.... I saw...... and I LOVED it!! The apartments are beautiful! I spent 3 days in Cincy (last Thurs- Sat) and I loved everything. Holy Grail is awesome! The Reds Stadium is RIGHT there! I even walked from Newport on Levee TO downtown Cincy (across the purple bridge) and it was do-able... it was kinda a hike, but do-able. I walked to Carew Tower and went up to the 47th floor observation deck... and OMG - the view was gorgeous!
Excuse me for going on and on... but I'm very excited to become a Cincy resident!
Excuse you nothing. With an attitude like that, you'd probably do well wherever you settled, but yes, if you look for things to like about Cincinnati you'll definitely find them. Best of luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 09:32 AM

2,491 posts, read 4,471,137 times
Quote:
Well..... I came.... I saw...... and I LOVED it!! The apartments are beautiful! I spent 3 days in Cincy (last Thurs- Sat) and I loved everything. Holy Grail is awesome! The Reds Stadium is RIGHT there! I even walked from Newport on Levee TO downtown Cincy (across the purple bridge) and it was do-able... it was kinda a hike, but do-able. I walked to Carew Tower and went up to the 47th floor observation deck... and OMG - the view was gorgeous!
Excuse me for going on and on... but I'm very excited to become a Cincy resident!
The Holy Grail is definitely awesome, and there's a lot more to come just this summer and in the next year both at The Banks and the CBD. Stay tuned.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:07 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,471,137 times
And more from Holy Grail:

Reds fans swarm Holy Grail | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

This place was as slammed from early morning before the parade, through the game and until well after the game more than I have ever seen any bar slammed before.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:28 AM

35 posts, read 109,930 times
Cincinnati is really hitting it's stride! As, a lover of the Holy Grail in Clifton I really need to get down there and support them! Toby Keith thing fold up yet?

Old 04-03-2011, 01:28 PM

329 posts, read 700,465 times
Cincinnati is defininitally moving forward.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:30 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
To the OP. Found your expression for visiting Cincy very heatwarming. Just curious, have you found that all important employment yet?

Old 04-07-2011, 06:15 AM

55 posts, read 89,610 times
kjbrill..... I am currently working with a nurse recruiter out of Columbus who says he will find me a nursing position by the time I move there. I met with him last week when I visited. Very nice guy who works at a Nurse staffing place. So... I'm relying on him to come through with a position for me by mid-June (when I will move into the Banks). I also have placed resumes at a couple other hospitals in Cincy. I'm confidant that I will find something, one way or the other.
This is just April... I still have a little time.... but I do realize that June WILL be here before we know it.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:23 AM

171 posts, read 354,550 times
Isrn - I'm with you. If I didn't have kids, I would live in the Banks in a heartbeat. It's perfect for singles, married couples with no kids or empty nesters. We were down at the Reds game on Sunday and my husband and I were talking about how if we moved to Cincy right out of college and the Banks was there, it would be a no brainer!! What a great addition to our city!!!!

Maybe once the kids are off at the college, I will be able to live there. Would love to get season tickets to the Reds, and just head over for the game without it being a huge ordeal!!!

Anyone know when anything else is opening up there? Is the Banks different from that brewhouse that looked to be under construction?

Old 04-07-2011, 09:07 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,944,235 times
Quote:
First, thanks for reporting back and making this thread about a thousand times better by doing so. Secondly, I have found that urban-minded people unfamiliar with Cincinnati are always pleasantly surprised with what this place is.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:11 AM

55 posts, read 89,610 times
Well... I thought it was very nice there - even the pan-handlers I encountered walking downtown that one morning were OK.. they just said "Hello" and showed me their signs.... LOL I know to be cautious. I'm just sorry I missed the Opening Day Parade... but I definitely won't miss it next year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati