Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 08:23 PM

577 posts, read 1,280,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
True. Is Mehring (spelling) Way finished?
I heard that Mehring Way was finished as well as Roebling, but I haven't been down that way since early October. I am planning on going to a Cyclones game on Tuesday so I will have to check it out. I thought I had some photos from August of the Banks, but I only have a partial photo of the work that I took from the top of the Carew.
Attached Thumbnails
Info about The Banks and surrounding area, please-p1020734.jpg  
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 10:48 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,628,630 times
Even though it is a picture from August, still a great one.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:34 AM

55 posts, read 89,514 times
Deg1114, what is this building in the foreground with the circular structure on top... and what IS the circular part? A revolving rooftop restaurant...? Thanks...

Old 12-03-2010, 06:12 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Heard this morning what I feel is disturbing information the Cincinnati Council may vote to relax the schedule for the Banks privately financed development. After languishing for years this project has finally gotten a head of steam. This is not the time to allow it to slow down. And since the private development is not really all private, but highly public financed, I say hold their feet to the coals to move ahead and complete it.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsrn View Post
Deg1114, what is this building in the foreground with the circular structure on top... and what IS the circular part? A revolving rooftop restaurant...? Thanks...
That's the Scripps Center - it is home to Scripps Communications (HGTV, Food Network, DIY, etc.). A 36 story building with a dark glass facade in the front of the building. I have heard it referred to as the "Darth Vader" building.

I don't think there is any retail/restaurants in it.

Scripps Center: Premier Downtown Cincinnati Office Building > HOME

Old 12-03-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Heard this morning what I feel is disturbing information the Cincinnati Council may vote to relax the schedule for the Banks privately financed development. After languishing for years this project has finally gotten a head of steam. This is not the time to allow it to slow down. And since the private development is not really all private, but highly public financed, I say hold their feet to the coals to move ahead and complete it.
Sounds like City Council is trying to put a stipulation in the loan to get the work done sooner than it can be. Here is the story with some great photos of the project.

Loan clause endangers Banks project - FOX19.com and FOX19 News, weather, traffic, and sports for Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky |

Old 12-03-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg1114 View Post
Sounds like City Council is trying to put a stipulation in the loan to get the work done sooner than it can be.
And who other than the developer says it can't be done in the requested time frame? Since they are asking for more money, I think the city is perfectly right in wanting the time schedule moved up. The public needs to be getting something (like a completed project) out of these monies given to private developers. They may be called loans, but what is the interest rate and what is the payback period?

Old 12-03-2010, 09:31 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,715,971 times
^ I think it's 4-5% interest. I like it.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:51 AM

55 posts, read 89,514 times
How safe will it be for a single female to walk to shopping, etc during the day? I was told by a friend who lives in Florence that "there are certain parts of downtown Cincinnati that you don't go walking alone". Do I need to reconsider?

Old 12-06-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsrn View Post
How safe will it be for a single female to walk to shopping, etc during the day? I was told by a friend who lives in Florence that "there are certain parts of downtown Cincinnati that you don't go walking alone". Do I need to reconsider?
Quit worrying about what other people tell you. The Banks is just south of the main portion of downtown. Sure you can get in trouble if you look for it, but walking through the central business office area of the city is hardly where you will encounter it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati