Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 04:15 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,754,390 times

Advertisements

I saw the topic about the population, and thought I'd write something that might make you feel good, if for no other reason, then because someone "outside" noticed you.

Well, my internet connection (local wireless) has been terrible, so I wrote it in WordPad and was about to copy and post it when I realized that doesn't work in City Data.

So, I thought a little bit, and decided if I changed it just a little, it would be all right for one of my weblog postings. It turned into four; but, that's beside the point. Parts one and three are the most important.

I wrote about A Look Across The River (from Covington). And, this is the first chance I've had to get in here long enough to type a message.

This should come up on my lousy picture. You have to go back four days to the start if you want to read it. If you do, I hope you like it and you can post any comments here in City Date as this is where I started to put it in the first place.

The Diary's Blog

CP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 05:06 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,694 times
Thanks?

Old 03-17-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
Thanks?
You are welcome. I hope you liked it.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:57 PM

UPDATE (for anyone new):

Now that time passed and new stuff has gone up (the blog is NOT about Cincinnati), if you haven't read the deathless commentary posted and would like to:

Click on March 13 on the calendar to the right (that's when it started and it's a link to Part I), then on the title there if what comes up for you is a standard just a few lines. There are three paragraphs there and three parts to the thing plus two parts of addenda.

CP

Old 03-19-2011, 05:05 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
CP... Can your give us some perspective on your intent? After I read your dialogue I am still a little confused.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
CP... Can your give us some perspective on your intent? After I read your dialogue I am still a little confused.

Do you mean in general or in particular?

I'm not looking for an audience, if that's what you want to know. In one form or another (often dormant) the "ramblings" have been around since 1975. I feel quite certain that, unless someone has an interest in how life might be in Covington, 99.99% of Cincinnati (if that much) would not be interested. And, the blogs (there's two of them) are not aimed for a local audience.

If you live in Mason, part of your confusion may be due to the probable fact that you have suburban (indeed "Mason") viewpoint. There is suburban (a la Erma Bombeck), rural, and city viewpoint. They are entirely different attitudes. You may be most sincerely interested in what goes on in Cincinnati, but you probably don't have much of the viewpoint. I have a city viewpoint. (One of Dayton's answers to Dayton's Erma Bombeck -- one very small answer.)

If you mean what was the intent in particular like here and now, it's just what I said it was. Read these threads and you see wonderings about things like "Where is a safe place to live?" (nowhere) and beliefs that the "Rust Belt" cities are dying (move the remaining people out and flatten it won't work).

I sit on a hill on the south bank, and I see a bunch of buildings fit for another era; but, I also the commerce on the bridge, the railroad tracks and even the river, and that's what counts.

If you looked closely at the first picture, right in the center is that old WLW-T building, and it's bigger in real life. Isn't WLW Cincinnati? Also in there is the Kroger building. Isn't Kroger Cincinnati? Both refer to life's essentials.

The commerce is a sign of life. And, I hope that answers some of your confusion.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:25 PM

17,587 posts, read 13,362,412 times
I'm sorry, I must be an idiot, nothing that you wrote makes any sense to me.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:02 PM

118 posts, read 245,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Seems to be a recurring theme.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I seriously doubt that you are an idiot. You can operate a computer. To repeat: consider viewpoint.

Last edited by CarpathianPeasant; 03-20-2011 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: Spacing

Old 03-22-2011, 07:13 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,944,235 times
i actually really enjoyed that. thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati