Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 04:18 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Panic! View Post
Hello.

Just been having a wee look online and i'm getting myself sent details of 'Drexel @ Oakley Appartments' (odd name) at 3827 Paxton. Looks ok on the site anyway.

Whilst looking about also saw a Coldstream Country Club which amused me a little as i was in the Coldstream Guards.

Just thought i'd keep you all informed.
Coldstream Country Club is on the list of the 100 Most Prestigious Private Clubs in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 05:05 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Hello.

Just been having a wee look online and i'm getting myself sent details of 'Drexel @ Oakley Appartments' (odd name) at 3827 Paxton. Looks ok on the site anyway.

Whilst looking about also saw a Coldstream Country Club which amused me a little as i was in the Coldstream Guards.

Just thought i'd keep you all informed.
I don't like the Drexel. You won't either. Every thing is packed in there like sardines and its right across from a very busy shopping center. Not at all the ambiance that Hyde Parkers deserve.

Look at Chestnut Station. Also, would you consider a high rise? Regency is very nice and very conveninet. Lots of old folks though. But very very civilized.

People say that Centennial Station is OK. It looks good but I don't know anyone who lives there.

I think it would be more fun to be right around the Square. Ground zero is Erie and Edwards Road intersection. Call that 2700 Erie. There are some really expensive apartments around there and if you search for Erie Ave. and 45208 and then only look at 2400-2800 you are near the Square.

Also Madison Road has numerous complexes, mostly older. Again, Google "apartment 45208 and Madison Road. " Bedford Terrace is nice.

Last edited by Wilson513; 03-11-2012 at 05:25 PM..

Old 03-11-2012, 06:06 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I don't like the Drexel. You won't either. Every thing is packed in there like sardines and its right across from a very busy shopping center. Not at all the ambiance that Hyde Parkers deserve.

Look at Chestnut Station. Also, would you consider a high rise? Regency is very nice and very conveninet. Lots of old folks though. But very very civilized.

People say that Centennial Station is OK. It looks good but I don't know anyone who lives there.

I think it would be more fun to be right around the Square. Ground zero is Erie and Edwards Road intersection. Call that 2700 Erie. There are some really expensive apartments around there and if you search for Erie Ave. and 45208 and then only look at 2400-2800 you are near the Square.

Also Madison Road has numerous complexes, mostly older. Again, Google "apartment 45208 and Madison Road. " Bedford Terrace is nice.
You know Hyde Park a lot better than I do, but for the OP's specific situation I really like the suggestion of the Regency. If he could get, say, a six-month lease or even a year it would definitely give him a chance to get the lay of the land and find someplace more specifically suited if he wanted.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
You know Hyde Park a lot better than I do, but for the OP's specific situation I really like the suggestion of the Regency. If he could get, say, a six-month lease or even a year it would definitely give him a chance to get the lay of the land and find someplace more specifically suited if he wanted.

I agree. If he is going to be here for a while then an easy move in move out place is then thing. then after a year he can get a longer term in a place he has searched for.

Of course, it may just be a short stay here.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:41 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,469,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
If you had read my posts instead of those form folks who live in Cleveland, you would be looking for an AWD vehicle. But, its ok. Move to Mt. Adams, and walk to work.

Seriously, if you are a pub guy, Mt.Adams will be a blast. If you don't like people urinating on your car tires and front gate, stay away. No matter how upscale Mt. Adams gets, it still has more drunk people every weekend per square mile than you will find anywhere around here. Paarrrty!

If you will have time and desire for socializing choose Hyde PArk. Post up your prospects and I'll comment. I know every square inch of Hyde Park.
This is nothing that you can't find any night of the week in parts of London - minus the car tires of course. Because London is smart enough to have public rail transportation so its residents don't have to be burdened with owning a car.

Last edited by abr7rmj; 03-11-2012 at 08:00 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 05:46 AM

258 posts, read 160,096 times
Hello.

Back again. Now i've e.mailed a few places this morning (5 hour time difference i think, 11:45am here) so i won't be hearing anything for a bit if i hear anything at all. The ones i've contacted are:

Centennial Station, 4209 Erie Ave.
Peebles, 2727 Erie Ave.
La Tosca, 2700 Obsevatory Ave.
Regency, 2444 Madison Road.

@Sarah Perry.
Unless i get sacked i intend to be in Cincinnati for aslong as possible. I'm looking to rent a place for 6 months(ish) to do as you suggested. It'd give me time to find my feet and see where suits me.

@abr7rmj
People pee'ing on my car wasn't a problem when i lived in London as my front door had 4 armed soldiers on it so anyone looking for a quiet pee would find themselves with a bit of an adventure, i was in barracks.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:28 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
I believe Centennial Station had two major fires within 5 years of each other. For that reason alone I would avoid them.

The same company also owns an apartment complex across town which also had a major fire. Many of the fire hydrants weren't even working there.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:38 AM

258 posts, read 160,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I believe Centennial Station had two major fires within 5 years of each other. For that reason alone I would avoid them.
I can't argue with that. Thankyou very much for the heads up on that, i've had a look online at the reports of the fires and causes and i think i may well be giving that one a miss.

If there was an emoticon for blowing someone a kiss you'd be getting one.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:06 AM

I have a friend in LaTosca. She is a psychologist with a good practice. It is totally convenient. If you live on Erie, Observatory or Madison and work at 250 E. 5th you could get by without a car except for weekends. You will love HP. When you come to visit, I'll suggest some things not to miss.

PS, I love everything UK. Especially England. I'd move to the Cotswolds in a minute if I could work it. Or, Oxford or the southern coast.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:36 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times
Quote:
I can't argue with that. Thankyou very much for the heads up on that, i've had a look online at the reports of the fires and causes and i think i may well be giving that one a miss.

If there was an emoticon for blowing someone a kiss you'd be getting one.
Eep. I'd sort of forgotten that one of my neighbors had a daughter living in Centennial Station at the time of one of the fires. Her apartment contents were water or smoke damaged or something, and she had to move, and the mom was not happy about the kind of service/cooperation her daughter was getting from the complex managers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati