Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 09:47 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,840,641 times

Advertisements

There has been a big uptick in traffic the past few months. Is the economy improving that much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 11:29 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,487,957 times
It must be local to where you drive. I have seen zero traffic except around the malls where there are Xmas shoppers.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:53 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,975,106 times
71 North is an absolute mess at night. Probably the worst I've seen in 10 years.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:12 AM

6,344 posts, read 11,097,560 times
I think this may be a trend that is wide spread. I have actually found during trips to Chicago that comparing it to Indy when it comes to bad driving habits is a favorable comparison. In other words I am seeing just as many terrible drivers in a smaller metro area as a large one like Chicago. That never used to be the case. Still, on my recent trips to Cincy from Indy I have seen less reckless driving on the highways when compared to Indy.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:33 AM

688 posts, read 1,118,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I think this may be a trend that is wide spread. I have actually found during trips to Chicago that comparing it to Indy when it comes to bad driving habits is a favorable comparison. In other words I am seeing just as many terrible drivers in a smaller metro area as a large one like Chicago. That never used to be the case. Still, on my recent trips to Cincy from Indy I have seen less reckless driving on the highways when compared to Indy.
I wouldn't personally pick on Indy drivers as being particularly bad. But, the entire northeast corridor going out to Fishers and Carmel is a mess - some of the worst AM and PM traffic I've ever experienced in a non-mega metro area.

As for Cincy, I still do not understand how the 71/275 intersection around Pfeiffer cannot be resolved. Add a few lanes on both interstates for crying out loud. It's been near-gridlock every morning and evening for two decades. Get it together ODOT/Hamilton County.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:56 AM

6,344 posts, read 11,097,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_master View Post
I wouldn't personally pick on Indy drivers as being particularly bad. But, the entire northeast corridor going out to Fishers and Carmel is a mess - some of the worst AM and PM traffic I've ever experienced in a non-mega metro area.

As for Cincy, I still do not understand how the 71/275 intersection around Pfeiffer cannot be resolved. Add a few lanes on both interstates for crying out loud. It's been near-gridlock every morning and evening for two decades. Get it together ODOT/Hamilton County.
The reckless driving here is getting out of control in Indy. I am a courier and drive daily and am appalled by what I see. A light will change to red and sometimes as many as five cars, yes five, will run the red light and turn in front of the oncoming traffic that has a green. And people driving way over the speed limit weaving in and out of traffic on the highway has become more prevalent since I moved here a little over a year ago. Sure, you see it in Cincy too but I've driven in enough rush hours and off peak hours there recently to know it is not as bad as Indy yet.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:07 PM

104 posts, read 144,628 times
Default I just said this same thing to my friend last night

its been crazy uptick in traffic in the Fairfield area. I figure the holidays must be it. Also noticeing wrecks, people get in a rush this time a year. Everyone stay safe and drive defensive, it has to be such a downer to get in an accident around the holidays.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:37 PM

224 posts, read 297,660 times
Part of the problem is all the idiots sending/reading texts or emails while driving. I guess all those billboards and public service announcements haven't done much good.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:11 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,301,069 times
I think it must be just new traffic patterns rather than an overall volume increase. My commutes up and down Montgomery and Reading Road at 7:00 and 3:00 are very smooth.

On the other hand, this time of year I avoid the environs of Kenwood Mall and Rookwood entirely.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:34 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,946,082 times
May just be the holidays. I was driving home from Dayton on i-75 last night around 6pm. It was smooth but from 675 to downtown it was nearly bumper to bumper both north and south bound. Seemed 30-40% heavier than normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati