Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 10:10 PM

185 posts, read 458,643 times

Advertisements

Hi ST,good to hear from you.Thanks for the pics.,brings back good memories.
There was a bread truck that came through the manor,it had "Bunny Bread"on the sides of it.There was also a milkman who drove a brown truck,he would leave as many bottles of milk as you left empty bottles out for him to pick up. His name is Bill,my sister saw him and his wife @ a gospel music fest.several years ago and he recognized her.A.F.D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 10:56 PM

325 posts, read 1,124,861 times
Default Shawnoe

I am so glad you joined us again Don't stay away so long next time

The pics are very nice. Have you caught up on things since the last time you were in?? Do you remember Jerry Pratt, Linda Lewis, and Bev (Toots) Buntain?? I don't know if you were on here when David Doeer joined us but he has helped alot with some great pics. He even had one of him and Ronnie as kids. That was a priceless moment.!! Guess who's coming to my house for the 20th ?????? Charlie Becker...He and his wife have started coming down for our family reunion. I'm looking forward to all the family getting here. In case they haven't read all the posts you might want too introduce your Mother again. Hopefully we can all find more pics to be put on. I'll check back in tomorrow, now don't be a stranger.
Hyden

Old 06-17-2009, 09:43 PM

Shwanoe, I got to thinking My brother has a real good friend that has keep in touch all of us , His name is Paul McKirty....he is real nice and probably have some good memories to share with us all. Hyden

Old 06-22-2009, 04:03 AM

101 posts, read 228,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
Shwanoe, I got to thinking My brother has a real good friend that has keep in touch all of us , His name is Paul McKirty....he is real nice and probably have some good memories to share with us all. Hyden
hey i remember Paul, he was the big left-hander bopper when we played baseball. he lived up the alley from me. glad to hear he's good.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:51 PM

2 posts, read 4,759 times
hey jerry remember me im the lefty paul mckirdy who lived at 4978 strathmore dr

Old 06-25-2009, 09:18 PM

Paul, Glad you are on here now. What we need for you to do is go back and read some of the old posts and see if you may know some of the answers to questions brought up that the rest of us don't remember !
I talked to Ronnie and he's glad your on here too. He doesn't get on here and comment, he just reads it and sometimes has me ask questions. I'll check back in tomorrow. Hyden

Old 06-28-2009, 05:31 PM

31 posts, read 227,910 times
Hi everyone. I'm still here. I read this forum 2-3 times a week just to see if anything posted jogs my memory further.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:01 AM

David, I'm glad you keep checking in. I guess this is a busy time for everyone. I have been gone a few days with my grandson playing All Stars Baseball, he has a game tonight and again on thursday. I keep looking in...Hyden

Old 07-01-2009, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 5,117 times
Default Oakley Elementary?

Hello everyone! I'm researching art in Cincinnati Public Schools and was wondering if anyone remembers a mural in Oakley Elementary School called "The Harvestors"? It had an Ohio river scene in the background, two ladies in the foreground, an old man, and a young man and woman in the background? The mural was done by Louis J. Endres in 1927 and hung in the dining hall until Oakley Elem. was demolished. Also, if you have any information regarding why the school was demolished and where it was located, that would be great!

Thanks!
Lindsay

Old 07-01-2009, 01:06 PM

204 posts, read 744,923 times
I went to Oakley Elementary in kindergarten, and vaguely remember the mural, but I was quite young, and it was a long, long time ago. However, I can tell you where it was located. It was located where CVS and Fresh Market are now located at 3086-3088 Madison Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati