Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 04:24 PM

27 posts, read 92,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoesx View Post
Cant believe I found this. I left Cincy for good about 1974. I lived in Stratford Manor in 1970 when my first child was born. Went to Madisonville Elementary and Lyon Jr High. I remember very well Arts Chili Kitchen on Whetsel Ave in Madisonville, my first wife worked there. I was good friends with Jerry Pratt but knew nothing about the rest of his family. Pardon me but my mind is racing so some of this might not make sense. I gradutated from Withrow in 1969. I live in Michigan now. My house burned down in 1984, I lost all my old pictures and Withrow Year Book. If anyone knows how I might get another one please let me know. Thank you all for the time you have put in to this blog. I cant put to words what it means to an old dog like me to be taken back 35 years to the sweeter and simpler time of my youth.
Shoesx: My sister also graduated Withrow in '69; me in '66. You can contact Withrow to get annuals. They have people donate them and then resell them. We get the alumni newsletter, and that info is in it. This year is the Class of 69 reunion. Are you going? I don't think my sister is. Her name at Withrow was Sandy Sullivan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 04:57 PM

25 posts, read 64,992 times
Thank you Shawnoe thats great news. Im sure if I could get my hands on one some of the memories would come back. Withrow was such a large school. I always could remember faces well though. Seems like I recognise that name but cant be sure.
Jerry good to see your here. Cant believe we survived this long. Someone on the outside looking in on Conover st. might not have given either one of us good odds.
I went to Google Earth for the first time in months. They now have 360 degree photos on most of Madison Rd and Whetsel. The bulding on the southeast corner is where I sold newspapers half a century ago. On south of that is Arts Chili Kitchen, a lone building now. I dont think those places are long for this world now. Sad to see. The area was bustling when I arrived in 1958. Looks bombed out now. Love seeing it but makes my heart heavy at the same time.
I went on down to what used to be Lyon Jr High. We always took the east entrance so I forgot about the long walkway in the front ( Madison Rd ). I always thought it looked rather strange. No shrubs along side, just a long layer of concrete through an empty field to a building you could barley see from the road.
Thanks again Shawnoe.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:56 AM

325 posts, read 1,124,319 times
Shoesx, Glad to see you back on here, I know your happy to see Jerry on here. I know Jerry and some others remember the Buntains, will I got in touch with "Toots" and she said she is very happy with this thread. She is going to read it and then jump right in. Her brother Mike may do so too. Mike and Jr were good friends but the whole Buntain family was to all our family. Looking forward to seeing more. Hyden

Old 05-14-2009, 07:28 AM

101 posts, read 228,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
Shoesx, Glad to see you back on here, I know your happy to see Jerry on here. I know Jerry and some others remember the Buntains, will I got in touch with "Toots" and she said she is very happy with this thread. She is going to read it and then jump right in. Her brother Mike may do so too. Mike and Jr were good friends but the whole Buntain family was to all our family. Looking forward to seeing more. Hyden
sure i remember toots and mike,and greg. and so many other names as i finally read thru everything. will be gone for a few days afte this weekend (5/18) so will have more time when i get back. everyone have a great week.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:43 AM

69 posts, read 269,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrryprat View Post
i grew up in the manor from '56 to '68 . i lived in the bungalow closest to the swim pool. eastwood drive came straight in from eastwood circle back then. coke may have moved it ( according to ariel view) . i remember the buntaines lived in 1st. bldg. on rite as you crossed duck creek. it was indeed a great place to grow up. it was kinda like projects(950 apts. i worked for them from 14 till 17 yrs. old in summer). but kept up better then those you see elsewhere.....till the lastfew years of existance..the blantons, suttons,estes's,criswells,fedocks,clarks,butchies, higgens,hydens,browns,muellers, peytons, are just a few of the families i remember well fro then.
My name was Mueller... did I know you?? I also knew some Browns (Ronnie and Donnie)...

Old 05-16-2009, 06:43 AM

4 posts, read 9,842 times
What memories, I just got back from Cincy a couple of days ago and everytime I pass by the Manor I think of everyone. Mike (my brother) and I always sit and talk about the days back when and of course the Manor always comes up in the conversation. Went thru pages and I have to say that those pictures took me right back to the neighborhood when I was there.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:24 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtn View Post
What memories, I just got back from Cincy a couple of days ago and everytime I pass by the Manor I think of everyone. Mike (my brother) and I always sit and talk about the days back when and of course the Manor always comes up in the conversation. Went thru pages and I have to say that those pictures took me right back to the neighborhood when I was there.

Welcome BBtn. We're glad you made your way to this thread. Please feel free to share what you remember about the Manor. When did you live there? Where did you live? Do you remember any friends and neighbors? What things stand out in your memory?

Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 AM

4 posts, read 9,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Welcome BBtn. We're glad you made your way to this thread. Please feel free to share what you remember about the Manor. When did you live there? Where did you live? Do you remember any friends and neighbors? What things stand out in your memory?
We lived at 5304 Eastwood, right on the corner coming into the Manor from the Circle. I remember the Pratt's, Sutton's, Feddock, McQuery, Este's but the one Family that always come to mind first are the Hyden's, my Mom and Mrs. Hyden were very good friends. I lived in the Manor from around 58,59 until I graduated from Withrow in 1970. Does anyone remember the Bach's or the Lucks?

Old 05-16-2009, 03:05 PM

Hello Toots, I'm glad you made it here. I told them you were coming !!!! You probably remember the car accident with the Woosley's don't you? Tell Mike to jump in here, he could really tell some stories. You know how him and Jr were. If he doesn't use the computer then maybe you could repeat some that he tells you. Hyden

Old 05-26-2009, 08:23 AM

I know some of you enjoyed the threads and pictures that David Doerr shared with us, so I wanted to let you know he also has a blog that is alot of fun to read. I have enjoyed every story he has posted on there. If you enjoyed reading short stories then check out his blog on this forum. Hyden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati