Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:48 AM

492 posts, read 1,026,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
a city being rougher doesnt make them a city with the best fighters.

and the ny comment is you made is exactly what i pointed out earlier , seems like the part of Virginia he was in was filled with haters
LOL at the bolded. He brought a lot of it on himself. You know how yall NYers are. But he was real cool, and most of yall are real cool, you just talk a lot of trash and brag too much.

But i guess i should have said everywhere has good fighters and some not so good fighters. It should be all about the individual though. But like the poster above said, some cities just carry a rep (whether its deserved or not)

Old 06-10-2010, 09:06 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Being tough has absolutely nothing to do with geographical location. If that was so, then why was some kid from a little town in Upstate NY--population under 12,000--the best boxer on the planet and at one point seemed to be unbeatable?

Old 06-10-2010, 09:25 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
Philadelphia

Old 06-10-2010, 09:34 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
LOL at the bolded. He brought a lot of it on himself. You know how yall NYers are. But he was real cool, and most of yall are real cool, you just talk a lot of trash and brag too much.

But i guess i should have said everywhere has good fighters and some not so good fighters. It should be all about the individual though. But like the poster above said, some cities just carry a rep (whether its deserved or not)
if you talk alot of trash and brag to much your not cool yet rather annoying.

but with your bold comment i called the area of virginias haters because it seems that they were giving him attention cause he was from ny

Old 06-10-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
if you talk alot of trash and brag to much your not cool yet rather annoying.

but with your bold comment i called the area of virginias haters because it seems that they were giving him attention cause he was from ny
But many relocated NYers are known for that though (generally)..... so are you saying that they can be rather annoying?

But it doesnt annoy me (most of the time), I just understand it as part of their nature and culture......

As far as the bolded earlier, MAJORITY of the time it was a direct result of his mouth and the demeanor he carried and the trash he would talk..... him being from NY just put the icing on the cake for a lot of the people most of the time. LOL!

But the cool NYers are shown love out here just like everyone else. There are a lot of yall out here to be honest. A little trash talk is expected from NYers (and out of towners period) but some take it overboard.

But anyway.... back to the topic

Last edited by VA7cities; 06-10-2010 at 10:12 AM..

Old 06-10-2010, 10:33 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
But many relocated NYers are known for that though (generally)..... so are you saying that they can be rather annoying?

But it doesnt annoy me (most of the time), I just understand it as part of their nature and culture......

As far as the bolded earlier, MAJORITY of the time it was a direct result of his mouth and the demeanor he carried and the trash he would talk..... him being from NY just put the icing on the cake for a lot of the people most of the time. LOL!

But the cool NYers are shown love out here just like everyone else. There are a lot of yall out here to be honest. A little trash talk is expected from NYers (and out of towners period) but some take it overboard.

But anyway.... back to the topic
i find it weird though that all these cities starting at Philadelphia going all the way south say they have massive ny transplant , but when i walk the streets of nyc it feels as if no one moved anywhere, and that the only place it seems that the tiny few in my circle move to is atlanta.

just a curious observation i guess.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
i find it weird though that all these cities starting at Philadelphia going all the way south say they have massive ny transplant , but when i walk the streets of nyc it feels as if no one moved anywhere, and that the only place it seems that the tiny few in my circle move to is atlanta.

just a curious observation i guess.
Yeah thats crazy. Its so many people up there that I guess if a few hundred thousand move away, it doesnt make a difference. And what is the fascination with NYers and ATL?

SN: But Did you know we have at least 7 buses (chinese buses) that travel to NY daily (only cost like $40). And every night the buses are full. I think they have some that travel day time now since the volume of people going back and forth has increased.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:50 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,234,338 times
There are tough people everywhere, but i guess ill rep for a few fighters from San Francisco:

-Bruce Lee
-Andre Ward (2004 Olympic Gold Metalist boxer. He was undefeated from 1998-2004 during his amatuer career, and is currently undefeated as a pro boxer, with 21 wins, 13 by KO)
-Luke Stewart (MMA fighter)

some more MMA fighters who fight out of San Francisco, but were born elsewhere:

-Gilbert Melendez
-Bret Bergmark
-Zyvonzek Vjesalicu
-Jake Shields
-Crosley Gracie
-Chris Cariaso

One of my favorite examples of tough dudes in SF laying the smack down is from a news article i read a couple years ago. Some guy went into a pool hall and tried to rob the patrons at gunpoint. Instead of geting robbed however, they all mobbed his ass and beat him with pool sticks.

Also, Clint Eastwood is from SF. He's not a fighter but that's gotta count for something

Old 06-10-2010, 10:55 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,044,577 times
A little did you know for you kiddies here:

The Bloods in NYC were started on my block. OG Mack was from here so you already know. The original one-eight-trey bloods.

You already know the west side of the B to the m*****n X!

BTW...the UBN is different from the Cali Bloods. They don't need permission for ****.

Anyways...the gangs making the most noise in NYC are homegrown.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:57 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,721,264 times
They might bang hard in NY, but in Philly its everyman for themself.

Kinda like kill the man with the ball
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City