Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the 'New' States is the best?
New Hampshire 14 11.76%
New Jersey 25 21.01%
New Mexico 34 28.57%
New York 46 38.66%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:31 AM

1,214 posts, read 2,518,600 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, big picture interruption coming up lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Good thing, that is just your opinion.

New Mexico is about 5 or 6 times the size of New York State, natural beauty...? yea I'm sure.
Well, you should be sure.

New York isn't just this~

It's also this~

It's hard to deny that beauty, both urban and natural.

Quote:
Thats good, but I don't think New York can top New Mexico... sorry. Again, my opinion which is good. And yes true, I like cities. But Albuquerque is small and has the room to sprawl out like a weed.

Density and Urbanity? Ever been to the metro?

I can be more annoying.
~ I respect your opinion, it's not like anyone's trying to force you to change it or anything, but don't just shrug off NY like, "oh it has beauty I'm sure", no one's calling New Mexico ugly.

~ Well, there's one spot New Mexico can't hope to compete in with either New York, or Jersey, just saying.

New Jersey~

New York~

I was just kinda being annoying there lol. But anyway, New Mexico is alot more pretty than I thought it was, well I knew it'd be pretty, but I never really get to look at it much. But I think NJ, and especially NY and NH can at least match NM in beauty. I didn't say beat, I said match. It'd be really hard to pick a winner out of the four of em.

Anyway, I'm done interrupting. Everyone can keep arguing now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 01:10 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,985,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missRoxyhart View Post
Hello everyone, big picture interruption coming up lol.

It's hard to deny that beauty, both urban and natural.

~ I respect your opinion, it's not like anyone's trying to force you to change it or anything, but don't just shrug off NY like, "oh it has beauty I'm sure", no one's calling New Mexico ugly.

~ Well, there's one spot New Mexico can't hope to compete in with either New York, or Jersey, just saying.

New Jersey~

New York~

I was just kinda being annoying there lol. But anyway, New Mexico is alot more pretty than I thought it was, well I knew it'd be pretty, but I never really get to look at it much. But I think NJ, and especially NY and NH can at least match NM in beauty. I didn't say beat, I said match. It'd be really hard to pick a winner out of the four of em.

Anyway, I'm done interrupting. Everyone can keep arguing now.

Thats good, your opinion is great, and pictures too.

I don't think showing me pictures of the Chrysler building and houses are going to umpress me. very little actually.

New Mexico still has more open space, more beauty and Less people so I could really careless.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:34 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
It depends on what you like =)

New Mexico is better than heaven if you like the outdoors... Lots of forests, deserts, mountains and such to explore.

Other than that, it's no worse or better than anywhere else. If you like art and culture, there's opera and art markets all over, and there's a couple orchestras... New Mexico is not just an empty void of forgotten desert... So, there's definitely stuff to do. Stuff to do here, though, is usually under the sunshine or stars outside.
Sounds pretty awesome man, I seriously don't know anything about NM thats why I was asking.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:01 PM

686 posts, read 1,698,349 times
Quote:
No its like 4 actually...

Yes, New York is beautiful.... but 3 Quarters of New Mexico is all open space and Public Lands, thats why we have a "land commissioner"...

We don't need any large parks... we have all the land we want and need. Less cities... less pollution.
You can see the stars in any place in New Mexico.

land square mileage for NM=121,593 sq.mi
NY= around 48,000 sq.mi
So no not even 3 times the size.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:10 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,985,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
land square mileage for NM=121,593 sq.mi
NY= around 48,000 sq.mi
So no not even 3 times the size.

twice the space to enjoy............ ahhhhh

Our Public lands are about the size of New York state itself or bigger.
Our forests cover about 30% of the state.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:23 PM

686 posts, read 1,698,349 times
Quote:

Yep twice the space and all them nice Illegal immigrants to keep you company.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:04 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times
Quote:

I do not believe actual forests cover 30% of New Mexico, at least what we would call a forest in other parts of the country. Can you provide a source that we can see? The only source I have seen is for "timberlands" which shows New Mexico down at 5% and New York at 50%. That seems too low.

In any case, I am not too keen on the other 70% of New Mexico. To each his own I guess. You can keep your wide open arid lands without people, I will take the natural green of the other "New states".

Old 06-28-2010, 04:06 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times
Btw guys, I like the photos but don't do too many of them in each post.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:46 PM

528 posts, read 1,184,619 times
NJ definitely. For some reason, it's got a very distinct feel to it, when you're in its little towns. Princeton, Bloomfield, Ridgewood, Montvale....its like the fireflies are out, the air is sweet, rolling hills, colorful trees, many parks. NJ is beautiful!

I grew up in Rockland Co. NY, and I consider it basically part of NJ. It looks more like bergen county, NJ than any part of NY state.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:03 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,251 times
We don't really have illegal aliens to fill up our state… That's more AZ, CA, and South Texas. There's not enough jobs here. And the ones that are here tend to keep to themselves working all the time.. And NY still ranks high among immigrants from everywhere.

Nice Photos RoxyHeart! My dad's family is from Watertown, not too far from the Adirondacks. Nice country up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City