Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the 'New' States is the best?
New Hampshire 14 11.76%
New Jersey 25 21.01%
New Mexico 34 28.57%
New York 46 38.66%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 05:33 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
No jersey people are ignorant for attacking.
You said something ignorant and you said it FIRST- It's not my fault I'm able to point out all of NM flaws with ease. It's a more beautiful state, I will say, but I can't say much else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 05:51 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,870,564 times
I'm going with NY state for my #1 because it has such an amazingly diverse set of amenities. You've got the largest city in the country (NYC). You also have a handful of other mid-sized cities, such as Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester, etc (which have seen better days, but still have something to offer). Then, you have the Adirondacks, which aren't the tallest, but have an amazing array of lakes, towns, hiking, horseback riding, etc. Then you have the finger lakes and wine country, which is stunningly beautiful. After that, you can go north and get to Lake Ontario, as well as the Thousand Islands and the St. Lawrence Seaway. Then you can go west and you have Niagara Falls.

The others are great states, and I would rank the rest as such: NJ, NH, NM. I've been to the others much less than NY (where I grew up), but I just didn't see the diversity that NYS has. I choose NJ first because of the Ocean and its proximity to NYC and Philly, as well as the Pine Barrens (which are pretty amazing). I think New Hampshire and New Mexico are absolutely beautiful, in very different ways...but they just don't have that diversity of amenities that I feel the other do.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:20 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,160 times
Quote:
And New jersey doesnt have gangs? And look at jersey before you talk about poverty it is an arm pit to that side of the country.

Uneducated? you must be, cause New Mexico has 2.1 million people. One horse "town", or many towns... haha

At least you don't catch STD's in our waters.
Funny how you have to say "that side of the country" when referring to NJ b/c NM's crime rate is higher

PS: NM doesn't really have 'waters' (it is a beautiful state for what it's worth though)

Old 06-23-2010, 10:34 AM

2 posts, read 1,647 times
1) New Mexico (natural beauty and then some)
2) New Hampshire (very nice people)

3) New Jersey (don't believe the Jersey shore stereotypes)

4) New York (that police state??? no thanks...)

Old 06-23-2010, 12:47 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,884,409 times
Quote:
No jersey people are ignorant for attacking.
No, you're being ignorant by judging the entire state of NJ based on an untrue stereotype. We are very defensive about our state and sick and tired of having to defend it every time we tell someone we're from NJ. As someone who has traveled NJ extensively, having been to every county, up and down both the Atlantic coastline and the Delaware River/Bay Coastlines, and to most of NJ's major cities, I can easily say that 99% of NJ stereotypes are untrue and based on what people see going between Newark and NYC. It is probably the most unflattering part of NJ you can possibly go through that is not Camden.

and now, to quote Forest Gump "That's all I have to say about that"

Old 06-23-2010, 02:12 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,881 times
Who fed the troll?

On another note, I honetly wouldn't be surprised if NM had more gangs than NJ. However, doesn't mean crime would be higher. You don't need to be in a gang to commit a crime.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:42 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,160 times
Most dangerous states: Crime rankings for 2010

Old 06-23-2010, 08:13 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
I'm not surprised by the results.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:22 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,518,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal.Cal.life View Post
1) New Mexico (natural beauty and then some)
2) New Hampshire (very nice people)

3) New Jersey (don't believe the Jersey shore stereotypes)

4) New York (that police state??? no thanks...)
~ Says the guy from California? Just messing with you, mostly lol.

~
But thanks for being intelligent.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:56 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,985,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
Who fed the troll?

On another note, I honetly wouldn't be surprised if NM had more gangs than NJ. However, doesn't mean crime would be higher. You don't need to be in a gang to commit a crime.
Ok who fed the troll? First off I am no troll and I have been a member on here longer than you have. So yea, the "troll" has come.

I have been to New Jersey and It was nothing great. At all. I just made my point awhile back...

New Mexico has more gangs? lets not forget now that jersey has more people. With the big city influence. So gangs? yea, we got them.. just not as bad.

Crime- Albuquerque yes. The rest of the state- no.
And a gang to commit a crime? what are you a 5th grader, go study and realize for yourself that not only "gangs" commit them.

Go educate yourself first before you come on here with your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
PS: NM doesn't really have 'waters' (it is a beautiful state for what it's worth though)
Actually if people would educate themselves they would know that New Mexico has more than 30 lakes.

It may be the desert, but we have water... and plenty of it. A river flows threw the center of the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City