Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 04:00 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times

Advertisements

Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
LOL

Oh no.....The Atlanta forum will beat you up!!! LMAO what a joke these two are. It will be nice when school starts back and these kids can get back to junior high.
Peyton, is it my imagination, or are the only people here comparing Charlotte to Atlanta a couple of people from Atlanta?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-24-2010 at 05:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 04:04 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,688,242 times
Spoiler
I work uptown - please come down during the day - any day - and tell what you see sitting along Tryon from Discovery place to Starbucks. And one has gotta to love the homeless crowd on the side street on the Library.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-24-2010 at 05:34 PM..

Old 06-24-2010, 04:08 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
I work uptown - please come down during the day - any day - and tell what you see sitting along Tryon from Discovery place to Starbucks. And one has gotta to love the homeless crowd on the side street on the Library.
I was actually just in that area last week and I swear - I didn't see any homeless folks, but maybe it was the time of day or maybe I am in la la land (wh/ is a real possibility, lol).

Again, not doubting what you have experienced and I apologize if it sounded like I was being disrespectful.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-24-2010 at 05:35 PM..

Old 06-24-2010, 04:10 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,873,572 times
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Peyton, is it my imagination, or are the only people here comparing Charlotte to Atlanta a couple of people from Atlanta?

I think you may be right. I thought it would be a waste of time even getting involved in this one, but it has proven to be a little funny.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:11 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Spoiler
Quote:
I think you may be right. I thought it would be a waste of time even getting involved in this one, but it has proven to be a little funny. These two probably have never been to Charlotte, maybe not even out of Georgia. Oh well.
LOL, my thoughts entirely.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:47 PM

213 posts, read 421,209 times
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
Five Points - Last week. Svenada Store. I am just telling my experience of working in Atlanta and working in Charlotte. DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONAL. I am just tired of the Charlotte (on N.Tryon) homeless being so aggressive. I am sure there are parts of Atlanta (Intown) where one would be harressed by the Homeless. It just did not happen to me. And if you read my thread, what I said was for Center City/Uptown to be so small (which it is) the homeless problem is troublesome.
Right Charlotte has a smaller Downtown and smaller metro.. Every major citites has aggressive pandhandlers.. If

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-24-2010 at 05:36 PM..

Old 06-24-2010, 05:01 PM

Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Again . . . why do you keep on with the "compete" thing? Atlanta is Atlanta and loved/not loved for what Atlanta is or isn't. That has nothing to do with Charlotte.

Atlanta could just as well be compared to Miami - it would make as much (or little) sense as comparing ATL to CLT.

Not only that . . . NC and GA are very different states.

because the op isn't lying the 6 months I stayed in Charlotte that's all I heard people saying Charlotte is the next Atlanta.. This was after I told them where I moved from... Alot of people in Charlotte praise Atlanta.. And some hate Atlanta... The reason why I said sister city is because there are alot of people from that area that come to Atlanta to advantage of the things Charlotte does not offer..

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-24-2010 at 05:37 PM..

Old 06-24-2010, 05:14 PM

Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I think Charlotte has a lot of problems without compariing it to any other city, lol. And Charlotte has a lot of things going for it.

Unless you are planning on relocating a business here, why would you care?

I dont care I am really just discussing a topic that was brought up by someone.. Why do you care?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-24-2010 at 05:37 PM..

Old 06-24-2010, 05:15 PM

Spoiler
Quote:
LOL

Oh no.....The Atlanta forum will beat you up!!! LMAO what a joke these two are. It will be nice when school starts back and these kids can get back to junior high.

Yeah arent you ready to see your biology teacher...

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-24-2010 at 05:38 PM..

Old 06-25-2010, 07:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post

because the op isn't lying the 6 months I stayed in Charlotte that's all I heard people saying Charlotte is the next Atlanta.. This was after I told them where I moved from... Alot of people in Charlotte praise Atlanta.. And some hate Atlanta... The reason why I said sister city is because there are alot of people from that area that come to Atlanta to advantage of the things Charlotte does not offer..
Interesting. I've lived here for 3+ years and I've never heard anyone outside City Data compare the two cities.

Perhaps it was just a way to strike up conversation with you after you told them you were from ATL?

I've been to ATL and it has some wonderful things. However, I'm a small town guy and dealing with ATL traffic every day would drive me looney. If CLT turns into "the next Atlanta", I'll move. Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City