Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which stadium is better???
Cotton Bowl 10 20.00%
Rose Bowl 40 80.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 03:58 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I'm probably the only guy at UT- Austin to rep Michigan more, or any other school aside Texas more for that matter.

I used to go to school in Ann Arbor for my first year of college before transferring to Austin. I get some dirty looks when I wear my Michigan Wolverines jacket.... HAHAHAHA, it's rather funny.
Big mistake son.lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 04:02 PM

965 posts, read 1,886,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yeah but he does have a point. There was no need to post this in bold in this thread. Not one person has showed the so called prideful act of Texans in this thread. You posted this in spite and it was unnecessary.
I know, but you know I had to get a lick in, LOL. My therapist has been telling me how unproductive pi$$ing everyone off on purpose is. I should listen. See, even a diva like me admits to not being perfect 24/7

Old 06-26-2010, 04:02 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times
The Rose Bowl is a BEAST. It's location amongst the LA hills and Mountains in Pasadena in Arroyo Seco is such a PERFECT location. That is one stadium that I'm SERIOUSLY jealous of. UT should build a stadium in the Austin hills, somewhere near Westlake. That would be awesome.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:04 PM

965 posts, read 1,886,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Shut up you old hag!
Alright now young man. Don't make me have you go out to the backyard and cut me a switch I did some dominatrix and S&M work in the past in order to pay some bills while I was in between jobs, so I know how to use a whip, and use it well. I ought to get back into it, I was a much calmer and less angry person since I was taking my aggression out on my customers.

Anyway, I may be old enough to be your mama, but I'm hardly old. I'll be 37 years young in December.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:19 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
I know, but you know I had to get a lick in, LOL. My therapist has been telling me how unproductive pi$$ing everyone off on purpose is. I should listen. See, even a diva like me admits to not being perfect 24/7
lol

Old 06-26-2010, 04:26 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times
Quote:
Alright now young man. Don't make me have you go out to the backyard and cut me a switch I did some dominatrix and S&M work in the past in order to pay some bills while I was in between jobs, so I know how to use a whip, and use it well. I ought to get back into it, I was a much calmer and less angry person since I was taking my aggression out on my customers.

Anyway, I may be old enough to be your mama, but I'm hardly old. I'll be 37 years young in December.

This is by far the most interesting conversation I have seen on the topic, really just about any.

Apparently I like my Oatmeal overcooked as well!

And for what it's worth, 37 is the new 22

Old 06-26-2010, 04:39 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,971,739 times
Quote:
The Rose Bowl. Better weather and location.

Sure the Cotton Bowl is well known, but it's not as well known as the Rose Bowl. Sorry that Texas isn't the center of the universe to everyone.

The Rose Bowl is in a nicer neighborhood too. Less likelihood of getting jacked in the area around there than you are in the Fair Park area, where the Cotton Bowl is.
Lol @ you pretending to know anything about college football. All you know is Rose Bowl is in Cali and Cotton Bowl is in Texas therefore Rose Bowl must be better.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:

Okay, this was the most random thing ever posted on this forum lol. And you're 37? I had you pegged as mid to late 20s. Don't you think you're a bit old for the whole "cocky diva" persona? Though admittedly, I still find your posts hilarious. Not sure the forum would be as fun without you.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
It's funny, because one of the GREATEST games ever played in The Rose Bowl was Texas WINNING the National Championship in 06.
Yup, a lot of us actually call the Rose Bowl "DKR West" Overcooked (DKR being our stadium here in Austin). The Michigan and USC Rose Bowls were two of the best in the stadiums history. Would of won another ship there this year if it wasn't for injury.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:05 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,765,323 times
Quote:

Nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City