Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2010, 01:09 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
See this is what im talking about with jerseyans^

They are all from new york, but which state is catching the flack for it?

1. Long island is openly wholeheartedly NEW YORK just not NYC, like you said. New Jersey is neither new york or nyc

2. New jersey wealthier than nyc???????????????? The main economic powerhouse in the usa. What education is better than an nyu or a columbia in nj?

3. Jersey couture,some other jersey show, and jersey shore are made to make fun of and exploit jersey. No one knows or cares that the cast is from new york. Jersey is still the one getting stereotyped here

I didn't know NYC is a state- I compared the overall wealth of the residents in NJ and NY as a whole- NJ on average is the wealthiest state per capita. You really just blabber on without any type of comprehension to start blabbering.

You keep naming reality shows (which proves nothing), and I already pulled the same card and crushed you. "FLAVOR FLAAAAAAAAAV"--"NEW YORK IS IN THE MOTHA *UCKIN HOUSE" --"I'M GOING TO THE JERSEY SHORE, BI*TCH"-- All New Yorkers.

"No one knows or cares that the cast is from NY"-- does this mean no one cares about NY when it comes to Jersey... I see.

Reality television is the worst thing you can rely on to make an argument. The casts are directed to over-dramatize everything and throw in a trashy attitude to "entertain" the trashy viewers.
Jerry Springer, Flavor of Love, I love NY, Maury, The Teila tequila bi-sexual show, etc- Reality TV has been trashy way before NYers at the "Jersey Shore" came along.

Whether or not the media is exploiting NJ lately-
Jersey Shore was the highest rated series in MTV's history
The Sopranos is the highest rated television series in the history of television. (And I LOVED that show)
I personally like the show Cake Boss.
Jerseylicious, Jersey Cloture, The real housewives of NJ, etc (which are all WAY less trashy than Jerry Springer or I love NY, which exploited people from all over the "general US") So please, your reality TV claim is weak.

And even if the shows mattered, and that NJ is supposedly hated, the ratings don't lie. Apparently the nation can't get enough of stereotypical Jersey/NY whether it's a hate/love thing- It's unhealthy to be an obsessive hater, so basically the jokes on the haters wasting time watching what they quote on quote "hate"

It seems like you're just as much a part of that pathetic crowd. You're being trashy by obsessively trolling NJ and claim that "you can care less" when you obviously can't get enough... You see what I'm getting at? Trash TV isn't anything without the trash who bothers watching it.

I hope you've decided to stop trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 01:30 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
How many more insignificant, exaggerated, flat out lies would you like us to call out KONY?
2 straight days of stalking New Jersey? 2 straight days of getting shut down?
That sucks for you.
Beyond your false bravado, their is nothing left. It's obvious you know very little. I mean, you've pretty much ended your own career on C-D.
What do you have to contribute?
You went hard in this post & came up short.
Get a new screen name or wise up. Those seem to be your two options.
What lies. Everyone knows new jersey is a wannabe. Even people in this thread thats not from the northeast. When it comes to the northeast its nyc,boston ,philly,dc and the wannabe states/cities that surround each of those city's. I know what time it is already and so do you. You think your fooling somebody

Ive been going hard every post and every post was true. And ya know it thats why your responding in the first place. Im plucking chords

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I didn't know NYC is a state- I compared the overall wealth of the residents in NJ and NY as a whole- NJ on average is the wealthiest state per capita. You really just blabber on without any type of comprehension to start blabbering.

You keep naming reality shows (which proves nothing), and I already pulled the same card and crushed you. "FLAVOR FLAAAAAAAAAV"--"NEW YORK IS IN THE MOTHA *UCKIN HOUSE" --"I'M GOING TO THE JERSEY SHORE, BI*TCH"-- All New Yorkers.

"No one knows or cares that the cast is from NY"-- does this mean no one cares about NY when it comes to Jersey... I see.

Reality television is the worst thing you can rely on to make an argument. The casts are directed to over-dramatize everything and throw in a trashy attitude to "entertain" the trashy viewers.
Jerry Springer, Flavor of Love, I love NY, Maury, The Teila tequila bi-sexual show, etc- Reality TV has been trashy way before NYers at the "Jersey Shore" came along.

Whether or not the media is exploiting NJ lately-
Jersey Shore was the highest rated series in MTV's history
The Sopranos is the highest rated television series in the history of television. (And I LOVED that show)
I personally like the show Cake Boss.
Jerseylicious, Jersey Cloture, The real housewives of NJ, etc (which are all WAY less trashy than Jerry Springer or I love NY, which exploited people from all over the "general US") So please, your reality TV claim is weak.

And even if the shows mattered, and that NJ is supposedly hated, the ratings don't lie. Apparently the nation can't get enough of stereotypical Jersey/NY whether it's a hate/love thing- It's unhealthy to be an obsessive hater, so basically the jokes on the haters wasting time watching what they quote on quote "hate"

It seems like you're just as much a part of that pathetic crowd. You're being trashy by obsessively trolling NJ and claim that "you can care less" when you obviously can't get enough... You see what I'm getting at? Trash TV isn't anything without the trash who bothers watching it.

I hope you've decided to stop trolling.
1. No. NO no. Whats the point of flashing any kind of wealth,money or anything dealing with the two in front of the face of a city like ny or anthing in ny state. Laughable

2. How did you crush me. Flava flav and ny(from iloveny) had zero effect on the actual city or state. Jersey shore has your mayors and governors panties twisting. Has its residents furious. And basically has the country laughing at your state

3.Reality tv claim is not weak and its destroying jersey's image. PLZ dont tell me you jerseyans are going to sit here and lie to another northeasterner that ya dont feel some type a way about the shows that depict your state. Save that for someone from the westcoast or something. I know what time it is, ur not fooling anyone, like i said. Ya could careless about ratings

Old 08-11-2010, 06:08 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
better than nyu or columbia? ehm...lets see... Princeton

while we're at it, Connecticut also has a better school...this little thing called Yale.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:26 AM

650 posts, read 1,327,137 times
Wow dude been sucking New Jersey for 3 days.

@Everyone: Please know this isn't a "Real NYer" by any means, just a sad individual.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:41 AM

379 posts, read 467,984 times
I think some girl from Jersey probably really broke KONY's heart (King of New York? LOL. What are we 12?). As a result of said heart break, KONY has some personal, irrational, pathalogical hatred against the Garden State which is clearly unfounded. Besides, anyone who sits on C-D all day bashing New Jersey is obviously a loser with no life. If he really loved NYC as much as he claims he does, he would focus his energy on embracing the multitude of activities the city has to offer, rather than sit here and talk nonsense all day.

Anyway - whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

Carry on.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:37 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,269,487 times
Quote:
last time i checked the giants nor the jets play in this town

And the knicks definently have a bigger and more loyal fanbase than any other team in the city than the Yankees

Most of the people that attend giants/jets games are from new jersey. That should tell you something right there. Come on man stop playing dumb. New york is historically a basketball town
KONY, man....yikes. Give it up. Can you provide stats that show that "most" people who attend Giants and Jets games are from NJ? Because when I'm at a Giants game, I see more NY license plates than down at the Jersey Shore

Stats would be nice, if you could come up with them (for once).

Old 08-11-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N130 View Post
Wow dude been sucking New Jersey for 3 days.

@Everyone: Please know this isn't a "Real NYer" by any means, just a sad individual.
Who are you to tell anyone whose a real new yorker. OAHU . Come on. Im a sad individual because i speak the truth. Real new yorkers know what im talking about if anything. New yorkers dont f..k with jersey like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraza9 View Post
I think some girl from Jersey probably really broke KONY's heart (King of New York? LOL. What are we 12?). As a result of said heart break, KONY has some personal, irrational, pathalogical hatred against the Garden State which is clearly unfounded. Besides, anyone who sits on C-D all day bashing New Jersey is obviously a loser with no life. If he really loved NYC as much as he claims he does, he would focus his energy on embracing the multitude of activities the city has to offer, rather than sit here and talk nonsense all day.

Anyway - whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

Carry on.
What are we 12? Its a freaking name on city-data.com. Lol. You dont know me from a pothole in camden.

Its sad that jerseyans have to result to the oldest tricks in the book, to try and hide the fact that im right. What are you 12?

Get an identity jersey

Old 08-11-2010, 08:59 AM

650 posts, read 1,327,137 times
Quote:
Who are you to tell anyone whose a real new yorker. OAHU . Come on. Im a sad individual because i speak the truth. Real new yorkers know what im talking about if anything. New yorkers dont f..k with jersey like that
A real NYer? Who you?

You're a sad individual because you don't have a clue what you're talking about and you've been coming at Jersey's neck for 3 days and failing. I actually feel bad for you.

OAHU? Maybe if you can read you'd see SEPTEMBER, I live in QUEENS. Who are YOU to speak on who and what a real NYer is.

This is GA vs NJ and somehow you made it about YOU vs NJ (Not NY vs NJ).

Old 08-11-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N130 View Post
A real NYer? Who you?

You're a sad individual because you don't have a clue what you're talking about and you've been coming at Jersey's neck for 3 days and failing. I actually feel bad for you.

OAHU? Maybe if you can read you'd see SEPTEMBER, I live in QUEENS.
Born and raised.

And im a sad individual because what? LOL YOU....DONT...KNOW...ME This is the internet ,plz dont feel a thing about me

If you felt some type a way about what i said than respond or keep it moving. Just like these other posters. Other than that you dont know me at all lol

Old 08-11-2010, 09:06 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
Quote:
Georgia off the strength of Atlanta alone. Theres no location in jersey on the level of Atlanta
put atlanta or for the sake of the thread, georgia, next to nyc and watch what happens. atl would be like cheyenne. nobody would care about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City