Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 03:00 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,993,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Traditional Georgia State Foods (I don't know about the mountain area or South GA but nobody eats squirrel stew in the ATL).

Coastal GA would have the best food (of GA), in my opinion. Love Italian food, so, that's a good thing with NJ.
Don't forget the only good thing about Georgia in August: Muscadines

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ac/Wild_muscadine_2952.JPG/300px-Wild_muscadine_2952.JPG (broken link)

I wish they were harvestable year round, but my usual late summer gorging is in full swing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 03:02 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,792,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Why? It's true. I bet he knows more about rail than anyone on this site. I'm being straight up.
Well a few of his statements have been incorrect.And he was called on them.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:07 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,847,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Well a few of his statements have been incorrect.And he was called on them.
On what? I still don't see where i was wrong?

Old 08-17-2010, 08:48 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,785,686 times
Quote:
Actually if you had read my post in the past.I made mention of several areas I was impressed with.Like Ridgewood,Berlin,Princeton.In fact before I made the statement that I lived there.I said where I live was not that bad ,but it just was not for me.In fact there are many places i have been all over the world yet I always found something interesting about it.
In your post to which I responded, you mentioned that you lived in NJ and then later said, "You keep pushing Jersey.I've been and seen Trenton,Patterson,Newark,Camden.Ill take Georgia's cities over Jersey's any day." That gives the impression that you equate NJ with those cities. Whatever you have written in the past doesn't matter; nobody's going to go research every post you've ever written to put this last one into some kind of context whereby it softens the message. For you to bring up past messages and suggest they somehow mitigate your unbalanced presentation of NJ cities in the post to which I responded is disingenuous, at best.

Quote:
However if I stayed in the "ghettos" as you say when I was in NJ,
Not as I say, but as YOU say; you claimed to live in NJ and the only cities you identified as having "seen and been" are "Trenton,Patterson,Newark,Camden[sic]".

Quote:
then I suppose you were on a meth lab tour of the South seeing how you know so much of their locations.
Often it feels like "meth lab tour" is all that's on the menu when I'm driving around the south.

Quote:
So yes the crime rate is higher and meth is a problem in some of those smaller cities.There are many isolated places due to the sheer size of GA that New Jersey will never have to deal with people hiding to do dirt in a small town 40 miles from the closes interstate.

Which in my opinion actually makes it even more perplexing that in New Jersey was all that.(admittedly in some cases it has huge advantages)yet people are moving away into states like Delaware.Could at be that its just not that the advantages are that overwhelmingly that people would want to stay?I guess not judging from the Census figures...[snip]

Old 08-17-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
On what? I still don't see where i was wrong?
You were "called on them". That doesn't mean that anyone had proven that you were wrong; it only means that some people basically said "nuh-uh!!!" to what you posted and I believe that constitutes a solid, inarguable rebuttal in at least some parts of the south.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:27 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,792,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
You were "called on them". That doesn't mean that anyone had proven that you were wrong; it only means that some people basically said "nuh-uh!!!" to what you posted and I believe that constitutes a solid, inarguable rebuttal in at least some parts of the south.
Keep insulting all you want.You are only showing your true colors.Your history is very well known.Too bad you are so jaded living in Jersey.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:00 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
Makes sense to me so...

You bring some scrapple, Georgia peaches, and sweet tea and I'll bring some good crusty Italian bread, Jersey tomatoes, and wine and we'll meet somewhere in the middle (I believe that's probably North Carolina or Virginia) and discuss the benefits of living in each of our states.

Also, slightly off topic, but I LOVE the smell of an orchard.
Do you think some sweet Vidalia Onions Vidalia Onions, Vidalia Sweet Onions, Vidalia Onion Recipes, Buy Vidalia Onions - - Vidalia Onion Committee from Georgia would go good with those Jersey tomatoes in a sauce? Hmm. I'm starting to think Georgia and Jersey could have something here.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:13 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Don't forget the only good thing about Georgia in August: Muscadines

I wish they were harvestable year round, but my usual late summer gorging is in full swing.
Someone just brought a bag full to work this morning. The ones I've seen hanging from vines alongside the walk trail I use are just getting ripe.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Do you think some sweet Vidalia Onions Vidalia Onions, Vidalia Sweet Onions, Vidalia Onion Recipes, Buy Vidalia Onions - - Vidalia Onion Committee from Georgia would go good with those Jersey tomatoes in a sauce? Hmm. I'm starting to think Georgia and Jersey could have something here.
Good idea - they'd make a great sauce.

Another thing in common between NJ and GA is that they produce about the same amount of peaches.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:25 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,906,553 times
One other thing of interest, maybe a little morbid but in the media frenzied environs of today thought this was somewhat interesting

Two of the more memorable live tragic events took place in these states

Hindenburg - albeit radio but was live
Olympic Bombing

Both for better or worse will always have an association with these states
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City