Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which did you like more?
It's all about the East Coast, you know it! 43 33.59%
It's all about the West Coast, you know it! 19 14.84%
I liked both, but I liked East Coast more. 44 34.38%
I liked both, but I liked West Coast more. 22 17.19%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 08:07 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,369 times

Advertisements

[quote=Nineties Flava;15693280]And speaking of Africa Bambaataa, Too $hort came out a year after him. How come you don't know who he is? lol, this is too easy...[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Nice way to skip the question. Here was the question in case you missed it: Ever heard of them?

The average person who's seen a VH1 rap special would know who Afrikaa Bambatta is. I personally don't like much rap music that came out of NY prior to 88. Africa Bambatta's one of them.

Most of yall don't even like half of the music you talk about... half of yall jock it because hip hop nerds on the internet like it.
Comparing too short to AB is completely absolutely laughable.

Bambaataa has been in the game since the early seventies is considered one of the founding fathers of hip hop and that had nothing to do with Planet Rock or anything else he did in the eighties

Bambaataa and his Zulu nation is probably the most important piece to the actual creation of hip hop moreso than Kool Herc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 08:13 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,749,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I know who is too short...

YouTube - TOO SHORT - Blow The Whistle

you called this rapper a legend? hahahaha too short is not real hip hop.

You can't be serious. You've only just heard of him? smh...

rofl... now I know who I'm arguing with. Trust me... you're better off not knowing **** about bay area rap. It just means that anyone who does will make you look that much more ignorant.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:15 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,749,798 times
[quote=K.O.N.Y;15693539]
Quote:
And speaking of Africa Bambaataa, Too $hort came out a year after him. How come you don't know who he is? lol, this is too easy...[/quote]

Comparing too short to AB is completely absolutely laughable.

Bambaataa has been in the game since the early seventies is considered one of the founding fathers of hip hop and that had nothing to do with Planet Rock or anything else he did in the eighties

Bambaataa and his Zulu nation is probably the most important piece to the actual creation of hip hop moreso than Kool Herc

Again, do you actually listen to Africa Bambaataa? Do you actually enjoy his music? Or are you just using him to further an argument or worse yet to sound knowledgeable? lol... yall are funny

Old 08-30-2010, 08:25 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,697,811 times
Quote:

You can't be serious. You've only just heard of him? smh...

rofl... now I know who I'm arguing with. Trust me... you're better off not knowing **** about bay area rap. It just means that anyone who does will make you look that much more ignorant.
Well back then he was good... Now he's garbage... a real rapper is always consistant with his music.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:30 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,697,811 times
[quote=Nineties Flava;15693658]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post

Again, do you actually listen to Africa Bambaataa? Do you actually enjoy his music? Or are you just using him to further an argument or worse yet to sound knowledgeable? lol... yall are funny
afrika bambatta is one of the pioneers of hip hop.. real hip hop heads will like africa bambatta.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:50 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,630,373 times
Quote:
On a different note, if you can, explain the Freddie Gibbs hype for me. I don't get it... he aint really saying nothing new and he aint the most talented guy on the mic. His voice aint that distinctive either. He got decent beats but imo he sounds pretty average.

He don't got that X Factor.

imo all these rappers:

Have the x factor that Freddie Gibbs doesn't. Whether its the voice, lyrics, cadence or w/e, they all got something that you don't get from listening to someone else. At this point, I don't think Freddie Gibbs does. He got heart and I know what growing up in Gary is like (shout out to Tarrytown & the whole west side) but I don't connect with him on the same level.
LOL disagree about 100%. How are any of those dudes better? Average at best. I'll take midwest rappers over those dudes.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:01 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,369 times
[quote=Nineties Flava;15693658]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post

I have him on my ipod and he wasnt even rapper. He was a DJ who made music aswell, but the songs he did make were classics. Come on son

Old 08-30-2010, 09:17 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,731,967 times
nyc breakers breaking to soulsonic:

YouTube - NEW YORK CITY BREAKERS (3) SOUL TRAIN

Old 08-30-2010, 09:31 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,968,633 times
I find it hard to believe there are so many people straight from the hood on CD like some people are bragging. I think we have some internet posers on the loose.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:41 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,731,967 times
four more. haha nyc >>

YouTube - Beat Street - House Party

YouTube - Beat Street 1

YouTube - Beat Street 4

ok last one:

YouTube - Beat Street 9

so much style back in the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City