Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 05:12 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
talking in a thread is one thing, but being upset that some activity is being held in one area of the metro instead of the other seems like a rivalry to me.

There is way too much competition for it not to be deemed a rivalry
Really!!! Not too long ago both Dallas and Fort Worth jointly went to congress to get federal funds for there street car system. Dallas decided to ditch Fort Worth and they got funding for there street car system and Fort Worth didn't recieve a dime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 05:31 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
There is obviously some idiots commenting on that article, but some seemed pretty level headed too. Either way, I dont think you can take them as reps of Dallas or Fort Worth any more than you can make CD posters into typical resdients.

There were some good points made. One of the main complaints about the Superbowl in Houston was that people had to drive everywhere. In Fort Worth, they wont have to. Tons of bars, clubs, and resturants all within walking distance. Dallas would just be a repeat of Houston.

Some of the people posting in that article (and by default some people on CD) need more personal problems. If some of you had more real problems, you wouldnt worry about stupid things like which city has more trees, which city has better food, or which city has more hills.

I like that she says she isnt going to play into the Texas stereotype.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:35 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Really!!! Not too long ago both Dallas and Fort Worth jointly went to congress to get federal funds for there street car system. Dallas decided to ditch Fort Worth and they got funding for there street car system and Fort Worth didn't recieve a dime.
really? that sounds pretty *****ty to me

It would serve them better to work together.It is one metro after all.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:35 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Sorry I dont see it. The people I work and deal with here are not what youre describing. You get a few arrogant people, but thats anywhere.

On the San Deigo vs. Dallas thread, there are people from San Deigo talking ****, but that doesnt mean there is a rivalry. It sounds more historical. Most people I know from both dont seem to care. They are too busy living their lives to think about **** that doesnt matter.
There has always been a rivalry here in the DFW. The point of this thread was to show the NATION how much on little thing as ESPN's location during a major event can divide and bring out the worst in people.

And this was a "joint" venture to bring the Super Bowl here, yet you still have douchbags (from both sides, to be fair) who have to argue this issue.

It's a rivalry, alright. Since the mid 1800's, the anchor cities of the Metroplex still hate each other while helping each other.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:37 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
really? that sounds pretty *****ty to me

It would serve them better to work together.It is one metro after all.
More times than not, they do work together. Look at DFW airport. Without both of them helping each other (helping themselves), there might not be a DFW. And look at all the growth around that airport. Its a catalyst of North Texas history.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:02 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,410 times
Proof yet again that Fort Worth's downtown is far superior on the street level to Dallas'. Downtown Fort Worth is safe, vibrant, VERY active through the night, walkable (hotels, bars, lofts, theaters, restaurants, shops, etc everywhere), and just a fun time to be had by all, families and single people alike. PLUS IT IS SAFE.

Great job Fort Worth!!

PS. FWIW, there were a lot of really intelligent and unbiased statements by Dallas residents on the comments section. I especially liked these...

Quote:
I love Downtown Ft. Worth, Plain and simple. Eventhough I live in Deep Ellum, im at sundance at least twice a month to eat at Risckies or hang out with friends. Dallas again has failed and dropped the ball when it comes to modern urban design, good going people!
Quote:
It's simple, when you compare the looks of downtown Fort Worth and Dallas. Dallas, at the street level, has the look of a generic US downtown district (cold, concrete and glass). Fort Worth has a mix of old and new. You have warm red brick and skyscrapers in Fort Worth.
Quote:
Plain and simple, the opportunity was there at Victory Park, but the developers tried to go upscale. Put in venues for the everyday Joe and that place could hopping. Plain and Simple. But it will take 1 single developer to do that. In Dallas, if they can't get over $100/sq ft, they just aint doin it.

Last edited by buzzpost; 08-17-2010 at 06:21 PM..

Old 08-17-2010, 06:19 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,607,945 times
Downtown Ft. Worth is like Downtown Disneyworld, so make your own judgements.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:28 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
Downtown Dallas is like a dead man walking after 6 thats how lifeless it is.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:29 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:
Yeah, why would anyone want to go to a clean, safe, family friendly environment?
lol

Old 08-17-2010, 06:32 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
which part is the downtown? Is it magic Kingdom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City